• Show
Clear All

• 2 up front tonite

Jimmy considering playing 2 up front, we can only hope
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

I doubt it. Maybe late on if we're losing but can't see him starting like that. Wiuld love it if we did. He did say in order to do two up Chery would have to be dropped or put on the wing and i doubt he'll be playing anyway so two up is a possibility

Comment

I read the article about his reasons for only playing with one striker and it made no sense, why not drop one of our holding midfielders instead then and play more attacking football that can actually press??? Like a 4-1-3-2

Comment

What's the point. Two up in 442, and we win, even handily, and he'll be backing playing 4231 Saturday......

Comment

hope not.... have you actually thought what its means..

By my thinking and listening to JFH last night..
          it means we will be playing Chery out of position to accommodate, a 2nd striker..Chery has been our player of the season thus far.
          Why does he have to be played out out of position?
          He is not a strong tackler or breaker up of play like Ali / Sandro / Henry *(On his Day) so if he is played in a 4 man mid-field Sunderland will stream roll through the middle of the pitch.. BAD
          If you keep a normal midfield of 2 holding player / box to box players THEN he must play out wide... not sure he is as effective out wide as free role just behind the striker.
          Also if he is played on the wing ...the operation right back will attack him and push cherry back into defending something which is not his best quality..

Or we play with 3 defenders... which opens your defence up to long balls in the corners.. with drags your right sided centre back out wide and allows for 2 opersiion midfielders and 1 strike against 1 centre back...

i think when you are not playing well / bad run of form you need to be as strong as you can be at the back .. then build from there..

Comment

I don't think we can just switch to 442 for one game, it will.need to time in training and a lot of effort and commitment from players to make it work.

Comment

All forums should have a layman's tactics guide on their websites, provided by the clubs, so fans understand why managers do what they do!

Comment

Working...
              X