X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burton forum RE: Us and JFH

Found it a quick interesting read

http://burtonbrewers.proboards.com/thread/2696/jfh-nek

Believe they think JFH made the step up too quickly, unlike Gary Rowett.

some good points there

Comment

I always used to think Burton fans loved JFH and really thought he was brilliant for them, as on paper he was.

This sort of makes me see a different side which I wasn't expecting... Seems they rate Gary Rowett higher than JFH

Comment

Is that the same Gary Rowlett who's Birmingham City finished 3 points above us last season and lost to JFH's QPR?

Good manager and doing well this season. I'd bet he loses again on Saturday though.

Comment

One day people will realise that people on forums go with whatever is happening at the time. (Two defeats on the spin and EVERY SINGLE post on here is ' i want JFH dead')
          Go back to the first three games of the season, and look on there and JFH would of been the man over Rowett.
          Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 20-09-2016, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Seems that JFH's style worked better for him in a lower league at Burton, whereas Rowett's maybe didn't?

I'd certainly say Rowett's style of play is a little more expansive to ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              One day people will realise that people on forums go with whatever is happening at the time. (Two defeats on here and EVERY SINGLE post on here is ' i want jfh dead')
              Go back to the first three games of the season, and look on there and jfh would of been the man over Rowett.
              Cannot disagree. Imagine if we could only put our opinions in a fortnightly fanzine sold outside the ground...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                One day people will realise that people on forums go with whatever is happening at the time. (Two defeats on the spin and EVERY SINGLE post on here is ' i want JFH dead')
                Go back to the first three games of the season, and look on there and JFH would of been the man over Rowett.
                Exactly what I was thinking.
                Pretty sure you will find scathing opinions of Sir Neil on here just after he was sacked.

Comment

Even now, people are still waiting for their thank you emails

Comment

Just read that. We as fans don't come across well.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                      I always used to think Burton fans loved JFH and really thought he was brilliant for them, as on paper he was.

This sort of makes me see a different side which I wasn't expecting... Seems they rate Gary Rowett higher than JFH
                      they're hardly scathing about him and the criticism seems gentle to me (especially in comparison to what you can find on various threads here). if anything, this post contains way more sensible perspective than a lot of what i've read recently:

They lost a game of football 0-6 at home (which of course is pretty bad) but at the end of the day there was only 3 points at stake in the game. That's 3 of 138 available in a season. They are 2 points off the play-offs, they have 3 wins, a draw and 3 defeats this season, they are above Wolves, Leeds, A***n V***a, Direby, Cardiff (and us). It seems to be an incredible over reaction by their fans. I might be doing the same had we lost 0-6 at home in a league game admittedly

Comment

Working...
                      X