Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrogant Hasslebank defends his tactics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

come on brighton asking pro footballers to be 2 footed at loftus road !!!! we aint got any 1 footed footballers at present!

Comment

Well let the plank carry on cos his p45 wont be far round the corner, obviously arrogant and lacks intelligence to not know his ideas are pants!
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        Not when neither winger regularly:

1) Gets chalk on their boots.
        2) Gets to the byline.
        3) Gets good crosses in.
        So I figured I'd take a look at this, see how accurate this statement is. The thing I notice when I watch the matches is that a lot of the time, wingers do run at their man and a majority of the corners we win are because we deliver crosses from the byline that are blocked. But I figured I'd look at it in more depth. So I've looked at our first 2 matches this season and I've looked at the Huddersfield and Blackburn games as our comparables.

Now, I'll start with point 2 and 3. So against Leeds and Cardiff, this is a diagram of where we delivered crosses in from.

Leeds

21 crosses attempted, 5 of them were corners. 3 of those remaining crosses were blocked before they reached the box and led to corners.

Cardiff

Here you can see that we delivered 12 crosses, 1 of which was corners. 3 more were blocked on their way into the box.

Difference between these two is clear from the pictures, we're getting to the byline more against Leeds than against Cardiff. Difference in personnel on the wings? Shodipo played left side against Leeds, gladwin right, then gladwin and yeni played left side against Cardiff, Cousins right side. And you'll find that against Cardiff, who actually got the crosses in on the right? Nedum got 3, Cousins only got 1.

So the key difference really is that Gladwin is not an out and out winger. We knew that though. Against Leeds, Shodipo tries out 6 crosses. Now, they weren't particularly good, but he won us corners and he got to the byline. Gladwin and Cousins don't do that.

Now compare it to Huddersfield and Blackburn in our poor run of form recently.

Huddersfield

Again, you'll see we were more convincing on the left, 11 crosses delivered, 3 were corners. But look at the depth we've tried to deliver from on the left. This game, Shodipo needed to get further up the pitch than he did, but a lack of confidence stops you making those runs. Right side, we know the issues of Cousins out there. They blocked only 2 of our crosses in any case, but we didn't get high enough up the pitch.

Blackburn

Shockingly, we delivered 28 crosses, 8 of which were corners, primarily won from blocked crosses, with them blocking 11 of our deliveries. One thing you'll definitely notice is that the right looks far more convincing on the deliveries than the left, the reason? Mide on the right, Khayati on the left. Shodipo and Chery combined on the right really well to deliver crosses and win us corners when they didn't make it in. The reason we didn't score from any cross? 5 accurate crosses in total and 2 were from El K. That includes corners and that quality of crossing isn't good enough. For Shodipo to deliver 7 crosses and only 1 is accurate, especially considering how well he gets down the line, is a shame, but he has time to work on it.

As for getting chalk on their boots, well, the numbers speak for themselves, the two matches where we really got to the byline regularly were against Leeds and Blackburn. Both our home games. Both times the more prominent side was the side Mide Shodipo was on. We all know he's more of a threat on the wing than other options and if he gets his delivery right, he can be a star for us. He's not getting regular game time because he's not conditioned to the intensity needed to play regularly every few days, but 3 appearances in 8, playing most of the matches each time, he'll get his fitness together and start getting more game time.

The hope now is that with Wszolek and Yeni, we've got two players who when they get used to the style and the league, they'll start doing this more and getting down the byline quickly.

Sorry bout the long post, just wanted to show this stuff. If a mod wants to move it later to my section if they feel it belongs there, no problem.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          Spot on, allbeit it's pathetic a professional footballer can be so 1 footed
          Agreed weare, one thing i can never understand, like michael owen being classed as world class years ago but couldnt hardly use his left foot!
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            So I figured I'd take a look at this, see how accurate this statement is. The thing I notice when I watch the matches is that a lot of the time, wingers do run at their man and a majority of the corners we win are because we deliver crosses from the byline that are blocked. But I figured I'd look at it in more depth. So I've looked at our first 2 matches this season and I've looked at the Huddersfield and Blackburn games as our comparables.

Now, I'll start with point 2 and 3. So against Leeds and Cardiff, this is a diagram of where we delivered crosses in from.

Leeds

21 crosses attempted, 5 of them were corners. 3 of those remaining crosses were blocked before they reached the box and led to corners.

Cardiff

Here you can see that we delivered 12 crosses, 1 of which was corners. 3 more were blocked on their way into the box.

Difference between these two is clear from the pictures, we're getting to the byline more against Leeds than against Cardiff. Difference in personnel on the wings? Shodipo played left side against Leeds, gladwin right, then gladwin and yeni played left side against Cardiff, Cousins right side. And you'll find that against Cardiff, who actually got the crosses in on the right? Nedum got 3, Cousins only got 1.

So the key difference really is that Gladwin is not an out and out winger. We knew that though. Against Leeds, Shodipo tries out 6 crosses. Now, they weren't particularly good, but he won us corners and he got to the byline. Gladwin and Cousins don't do that.

Huddersfield

Again, you'll see we were more convincing on the left, 11 crosses delivered, 3 were corners. But look at the depth we've tried to deliver from on the left. This game, Shodipo needed to get further up the pitch than he did, but a lack of confidence stops you making those runs. Right side, we know the issues of Cousins out there. They blocked only 2 of our crosses in any case, but we didn't get high enough up the pitch.

Blackburn

Shockingly, we delivered 28 crosses, 8 of which were corners, primarily won from blocked crosses, with them blocking 11 of our deliveries. One thing you'll definitely notice is that the right looks far more convincing on the deliveries than the left, the reason? Mide on the right, Khayati on the left. Shodipo and Chery combined on the right really well to deliver crosses and win us corners when they didn't make it in. The reason we didn't score from any cross? 5 accurate crosses in total and 2 were from El K. That includes corners and that quality of crossing isn't good enough. For Shodipo to deliver 7 crosses and only 1 is accurate, especially considering how well he gets down the line, is a shame, but he has time to work on it.

As for getting chalk on their boots, well, the numbers speak for themselves, the two matches where we really got to the byline regularly were against Leeds and Blackburn. Both our home games. Both times the more prominent side was the side Mide Shodipo was on. We all know he's more of a threat on the wing than other options and if he gets his delivery right, he can be a star for us. He's not getting regular game time because he's not conditioned to the intensity needed to play regularly every few days, but 3 appearances in 8, playing most of the matches each time, he'll get his fitness together and start getting more game time.

The hope now is that with Wszolek and Yeni, we've got two players who when they get used to the style and the league, they'll start doing this more and getting down the byline quickly.

Sorry bout the long post, just wanted to show this stuff. If a mod wants to move it later to my section if they feel it belongs there, no problem.
            Very interesting.

How many of those crosses were done whilst Washington was on the pitch? Too many probably!
            My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
              come on brighton asking pro footballers to be 2 footed at loftus road !!!! we aint got any 1 footed footballers at present!
              I'm actually OK with the one foot. Provided it's the correct foot.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post

Leeds

Cardiff

Huddersfield

Blackburn

Comment

Nas, you've proved the point in that post.

Shodipo on the left got more accurate crosses in. Playing him on the other side didn't stop him attempting to take on his defender, just that his crossing was less effective. Nothing to do with being 19, simply a case of being on the wrong side of the pitch. It's just a shame that the manager felt the need to test it out in a league match, as opposed to on the training ground. (Although in fairness, he'd quite possibly look effective against our full backs).

Comment

Surely JFH has seen analysis like this... Even more baffling he continues to play Cousins on the wing, or anyone other than Shodipo imo.

Comment

Real shame it is turning against JFH, if we were winning it is so much easier to defend tactics but when you aren't winning then tactics and style of play come under scrutiny. I hope he can turn it around but he is up against it now, although unless we lose next 2 or 3 games I expect him to be given more time. Losing at home 6-0 is not a way of getting people onside especially when we have also failed to beat the 2 bottom teams at home as well. Not sure JFH has had a run like this before so next few weeks will be interesting and whilst many look at Wednesday as a free hit, if we were to lose heavily again, next Saturday could end up being the final nail....I hope not though.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                        Surely JFH has seen analysis like this... Even more baffling he continues to play Cousins on the wing, or anyone other than Shodipo imo.
                        However good Jimmy thinks his "intensive training" is I think that anyone would struggle to defend Jimmy against charges that he uses analysis in a good way. When do we see a change in tactics or personnel because we have spotted a weakness in the opposing teams play? We use the same formation (and pretty similar team) no matter if we are at home or away, whether we are playing the team top of the league or bottom. If he were more proactive I feel that a lot of fans would be more willing to give him time, as you would hope that he was honing his skill as a manager and learning what to do. The fact that he doesn't change anything shows his limitations

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
                          However good Jimmy thinks his "intensive training" is I think that anyone would struggle to defend Jimmy against charges that he uses analysis in a good way. When do we see a change in tactics or personnel because we have spotted a weakness in the opposing teams play? We use the same formation (and pretty similar team) no matter if we are at home or away, whether we are playing the team top of the league or bottom. If he were more proactive I feel that a lot of fans would be more willing to give him time, as you would hope that he was honing his skill as a manager and learning what to do. The fact that he doesn't change anything shows his limitations
                          Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post

Comment

The board and dof les are doing him no favours,
                              Its clear as day that he is not upto the job and they need to get rid if jimmy before he starts to be hated.
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Like farking groundhog day on here latley ... you carnts never have a day off???

(Referring to OP)
                                Last edited by Nick; 19-09-2016, 05:39 PM.
                                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                                X