Tony Fernandes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
    Looking back on it, beating Derby was actually bad luck for us as if we had lost, Redknapp would have gone and we could have built a decent team from that point rather than going up and being loaded with even more mercenaries, and then having to start from scratch last year and this.

Hindsight's great though.

To be fair I also think that Tony has been cursed a bit with his managerial appointments turning out the way they have. His biggest mistake IMO was getting rid of Warnock that first season, but in a way you could understand it.

However, I don't think many people at the time when he made the appointments thought they were terrible decisions. Most R's fans were happy with Hughes, people were begging Harry to come, and also JFH was considered a decent option of what was available.
    I think that is probably right with (as you say) hindsight. However, that was one of the best moments of supporting us for me in 40+ years so I am still pleased it happenrd overall.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
      I think that is probably right with (as you say) hindsight. However, that was one of the best moments of supporting us for me in 40+ years so I am still pleased it happenrd overall.
      Not sure Redknapp would have gone, after all he stayed when we went down to the championship and just missing out on the play-offs would have meant we were in a good position to come up the next year.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
        Not sure Redknapp would have gone, after all he stayed when we went down to the championship and just missing out on the play-offs would have meant we were in a good position to come up the next year.
        Redknapp himself said he would had walked had we not got promoted as didn't want another Season in the championship

Comment

Looking back and I was no fan of Redknapp but him going was the begining of what we are witnessing now.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            Looking back and I was no fan of Redknapp but him going was the begining of what we are witnessing now.
            No mate Hughes arrival was as his ego totally transformed clubs ethos

Comment

:
              Originally posted by West Acton;1564624[B
              ]Really unfair thread this and stinks of people just digging and complaining for the sake of it[/B]His biggest criticism since being here is he was to open on Twitter and around ground. He's now doing what vast majority cried out for, stepping back, not talking and letting football bodes get on with it but because he's doing that he's accused of not being interested. Come on guys be fair!!!

He's been at games he's just not shouting about it

This. And besides: he is not the one who is chosing our tactics.
              Last edited by Shania; 19-09-2016, 09:52 PM.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Agreed Westy we became a Billy Big ######## club which Mr Fernandes supported 100% per cent during Agent Hughes's reign. He must have liked Hughes as he waited forever to send him on his way.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                  he is not the one who is chosing our tactics.
                  but he is appointing those who do, and that is at the heart of all this.

I like TF but he just doesn't have a clue. Tender prey for the many agents, hustlers and sharks out there who duly took advantage.

Comment

Very suprised he stayed as chairman when he is not as involved as he was when we were first bought.

Comment

He's well-intentioned but unfortunately completely clueless and very easily influenced.

Comment

Which has cost us for the last 5 years.

Comment

Not being argumentative........But the best day of my life was during them five years so it aint really cost me nothing more than an ever lasting memory of euphoric joy that im sure will never be repeated.

Comment

Fair play Kev but we have regally ####ed up the premier league golden ticket twice in that 5 years and if we are pissed about what we are watching now it all stems back to the mis management over that period. Look at Swansea who came up with us that season.

Comment

Its been a mess mate, no doubt about that, but im with GTLeigh in that its the Rangers curse.

Comment

The only curse was that Flavio sold to Mr Fernandes and not to Amit.

Comment

Working...
                                X