Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Didnt think it would be lkng before you pop up again with a comment
    Haha mate, I've always got one eye on this place.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Agreed West and that has always been the plan for them but for me I just care about a team that my family have followed for over 60 years.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
        Agreed West and that has always been the plan for them but for me I just care about a team that my family have followed for over 60 years.
        We all do mate, but we need to be supportive as opposed to being paranoid about what the owner is going to do, especially when there's been no indication that he's planning anything remotely malicious with regards to the future of the club.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Nas, I put it up not to moan but to see if there was anyone else concerned about how the club is right now. Bit of a shambles on the pitch and with Amit and Co reducing their shareholding just makes me very concerned especially after Caterham. I love my team so see us more than a brand or project for someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            We all do mate, but we need to be supportive as opposed to being paranoid about what the owner is going to do, especially when there's been no indication that he's planning anything remotely malicious with regards to the future of the club.
            It wouldn't be malicious, it would be business. There was a long article in the Japan Business Times (from the Malaysian Business Times) about this two weeks ago.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with showing concern and there is nothing wrong with airing your views this is after all a football forum and that's the whole concept. It's very easy to come out and bash people for having an opinion just because it differs from their own. Saying people "love nothing but a moan" and use "any stick to beat the club with" is a load of old ########. Sure there are individuals who love a moan but there are an equal amount who can't see the wood for the trees so it's each to there own. Personally do I think tony has the best intentions for the club? Yes I do. Would I trust him to make the correct decision? No I wouldn't but that's just me. Everyone should be able to express their views on here without being labelled a "happy clapper" or a "doom monger". We all have one thing on common and that's a shared love for QPR. Doesn't mean we have to ageee all the time

Comment

Fair play Greg as that is a balanced view that you put across.

Comment

Nas, I put it up not to moan but to see if there was anyone else concerned about how the club is right now. Bit of a shambles on the pitch and with Amit and Co reducing their shareholding just makes me very concerned especially after Caterham. I love my team so see us more than a brand or project for someone else.
                  The thing to note is that Ruben is playing a larger role in this now.

Comment

So I understand and I do hope that makes a difference and allows us to build again.

Comment

So I understand and I do hope that makes a difference and allows us to build again.
                      He certainly seems to be more involved, perhaps he's more becoming the face of the ownership from a fans perspective.

Comment

As long as he concentrates on football and not bloody Aeroplanes then long may he reign. The reason for the original post was a f1 pal mentioned to me about caterham.

Comment

I still have faith in Tony Fernandes, he saved us from everything bad and I think we should give him more time.
                          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I actually feel a little sorry for TF, whilst he didn't help himself early on, the managerial appointments he has made have all on paper been good, except Ramsey but for some reason keep back firing. He deserves a little bit of luck from somewhere, perhaps he used it all up when we beat Derby at Wembley :-) Really hope though that he gets a bit of luck come his way and then in turn we do but agree the football at the moment is absolutely dire and difficult to get excited about.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                              I actually feel a little sorry for TF, whilst he didn't help himself early on, the managerial appointments he has made have all on paper been good, except Ramsey but for some reason keep back firing. He deserves a little bit of luck from somewhere, perhaps he used it all up when we beat Derby at Wembley :-) Really hope though that he gets a bit of luck come his way and then in turn we do but agree the football at the moment is absolutely dire and difficult to get excited about.
                              Looking back on it, beating Derby was actually bad luck for us as if we had lost, Redknapp would have gone and we could have built a decent team from that point rather than going up and being loaded with even more mercenaries, and then having to start from scratch last year and this.

Hindsight's great though.

To be fair I also think that Tony has been cursed a bit with his managerial appointments turning out the way they have. His biggest mistake IMO was getting rid of Warnock that first season, but in a way you could understand it.

However, I don't think many people at the time when he made the appointments thought they were terrible decisions. Most R's fans were happy with Hughes, people were begging Harry to come, and also JFH was considered a decent option of what was available.

Comment

Personally am glad he's stopped publicly embarrassing himself on twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X