Where has jfh gone wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
    Don't think it can be put down to lack of budget Hubs, I would imagine his is way in excess of those of Blackburn, Preston, Barnsley and Huddersfield. For me it's a combination of his in-built negativity, very odd team selections and stubbornness.

As others have said, when you are at home to Preston and Blackburn you don't require 2 defensive midfielders who restrict your creativity and attacking threat. He thought we did, he was wrong and so we threw away 5 points needlessly. I suspect that those 5 points would come in handy at the end of the season and we can't win them again.

Although he is not alone in doing this, constantly playing people out of position is ridiculous. When we have options for every position on the park and to play in various formations, it is plain stupid. Almost as soon as he announces his teams, it appears that he still hasn't learnt from previous mistakes. He compounds this basic failure by his inability to change things quickly enough during the game once the inevitable happens and things aren't going to plan. Not sure if that's because he is indecisive or simply hasn't grasped that we are awful.

I so much wanted him to do well, as did I'm sure the vast majority of us. But sadly, I have come to the conclusion that he simply isn't up to the job. He's had plenty of time and been allowed to add a lot of players, yet still there appears to be no cohesive plan. Don't have much sympathy with the views of some that he needs a lot more time. He has had more than enough time to get the players playing how he wants, in a system he wants. It's pretty clear to me that either he isn't getting his ideas across at all well, or that his ideas are not that good.

If we were having a go and being entertained like we were with Di Canio for example, I very much doubt there would be anything like the disillusionment and despair that has got to us. But the lack of entertainment as well as the lack of points, is certainly enough to put him under severe pressure right now and unless there is a rapid change, would justify in us parting company by next month at the latest.
    very well said. If, as suggested, he will turn to the youngsters Wednesday, then what an ideal time to switch to a more adventurous formation. Two up front, a wide man and some creativity in the middle. Sod the result, things need to change and quickly
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Well put from Brighton in this thread.

I also wanted him to do well, and thought his amazing success at Burton meant we had found a really special young manager, but once again it's as some would say 'typical rangers'.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
        A massive factor has to be the limited budget. When you're only looking for bargains, it's a bit hit and miss and you're often buying players who are far from the finished article. For example, I think Conor Washington has proven to be not up to Championship standard, and that's a big disappointment; had he lived up to his promise, things might be very different right now. But he hasn't. Apart from that, I think JFH and Les have done fairly well with the bargain acquisitions. The problem is some of these players still need time and I think that shows. When all the players are fully fit and up to speed, especially the new signings, then we can judge him more fairly.

Tactically, I think he's been trying a system that seemed to work very well at the start of the season, but has gone off the rails a bit. I'm not exactly sure why. Whether the players aren't up to it, they're still not fit enough, I don't know. The problem is, JFH's options have been fairly limited, especially in the striker department. We just don't have a class finisher. Polts has done bloody well to step up and fill that role, but he's no Charlie Austin. And as I said before CW has been a disappointment. I think he's done very well to bring Shodipo on and into the team, but maybe he's protected him a bit too much when he could have played him more. For me, despite all the gnashing and wailing that's been going on especially since the 0-6, there's still a good chance Jimmy will turn it around. When Sylla is fully up to speed along with the Polish lads and Yeni Ngbakoto, I expect to see better performances.

The Sandro situation, however, remains a complete mystery. Why we have a player of that class totally ignored I just do not know and it seems futile to speculate. Henry is a a pale imitation of Sandro in the DM role and has also been disappointing of late, despite a good start. Perhaps it's a form thing. All teams and individual players have their ups and downs. This could just be a collective 'down'. Although being so reliant on Henry has not looked good for JFH and the sooner Borysiuk takes over the better.

All in all, I'd give JFH a 6/10 because he's been handed a difficult situation financially. I'd prefer to judge him once all the new players are integrated. If there's no change after that, then clearly he's not up to the job.
        A limited budget? Come on hubs he's brought in 7 or 8 players this summer.

For me it's his negative tactics and the way he gets his points across. I've heard him talking on the tele and he bores me to tears.

I never wanted him in the first place due to his Chelsea connections but when he arrived I got behind him but now I want him to do one, and lively as well.

Comment

When you have players who can only play one way (such as Washington running in behind, or Sylla wanting the cross in, or Polter...not even sure) the 4-4-1-1 system gets very predictable and easy to negate.

JFH used this system all through the summer so can't really blame him sticking to it 7 games in to the season.

Saying that, don't understand why we play the ball to Washington's head, and the ball over the top to Sylla and Polter. Working against their strengths. We won't cross the ball either, would like to know how many times a game we actually do cross the ball?
          My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by bigray View Post
            JFH came to us with a very good reputation.
            He did really well at Burton Albion and gave us high hopes that his success would continue at The Bush.
            He has had two transfer windows in which to buy the players that he thought were right for the QPR team.
            They have not gelled into a team and do not play attractive football and also do not seem to
            understand what their job is on the pitch. How much longer can JFH last with the shambles he has created?
            Pressure, Pressure and more Pressure.

Comment

I don't agree that it is a lack of budget or team formation. We have spent more of transfers than over half of the league and 4-2-3-1 is being used form by most of the league, just not as negatively as us.
              During pre season we came back earlier than most teams so that we could get a level of fitness so that we can press teams and win the ball back quickly. In reality we play too deep, sit off the opposition and watch them play. The teams that play our formation have a holding midfielder with a little creativity, to pick a pass or run with the ball. Ours just seem to sit back and hit a hopeful long ball and wait for it to come back.
              Jordan Cousins in his first interview after signing said he felt he was signed for his box to box running. Since he has been stuck on the wing and then stuck on the halfway line. The remaining signings with the exception of Bidwell are in and out of the side or not being given starts.
              We need to loosen the shackles and allow our midfield to support the front players.

Comment

Originally posted by croxleyhoops View Post
                I don't agree that it is a lack of budget or team formation. We have spent more of transfers than over half of the league and 4-2-3-1 is being used form by most of the league, just not as negatively as us.
                During pre season we came back earlier than most teams so that we could get a level of fitness so that we can press teams and win the ball back quickly. In reality we play too deep, sit off the opposition and watch them play. The teams that play our formation have a holding midfielder with a little creativity, to pick a pass or run with the ball. Ours just seem to sit back and hit a hopeful long ball and wait for it to come back.
                Jordan Cousins in his first interview after signing said he felt he was signed for his box to box running. Since he has been stuck on the wing and then stuck on the halfway line. The remaining signings with the exception of Bidwell are in and out of the side or not being given starts.
                We need to loosen the shackles and allow our midfield to support the front players.
                Great post - fully agree.

Comment

Unfortunately JFH seems under the impression that this is just a glitch and confidence will return and we will start playing as well as we did before. What he doesn't understand is that before was not particularly good (we got lucky in a few games). He has never indicated that perhaps he needs to reevaluate and try something new, even though everybody is screaming out for him to do this. Maybe it's not stubbornness and this is the only way he can set players up to play. Though having said that not playing Sandro has to be down to his stubborn nature.

Comment

Every manager we get is stubborn.
                    Redknapp stubborn with Adel.
                    Ramsey stubborn with Chaz.
                    Jfh stubborn with the beast,

Comment

According to him, he hasn't got it wrong.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/q...ism-style-play

Must just be us then !

Comment

As others have said, when you are at home to Preston and Blackburn you don't require 2 defensive midfielders who restrict your creativity and attacking threat.
                        But I don't understand why we need two play two DMs ever - be it home or away and regardless of the oppo in this league.

The job of the DM is to protect the back four, break up play and pass the ball to a team-mate. Having two CMs do this is overkill and a waste of a position, surely?

In the words of Simon Le Bon: "Can someone please explain the reason for this strange behaviour?"

Comment

According to him, he hasn't got it wrong.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/q...ism-style-play

Must just be us then !
                          To be honest, what he said there isn't wrong. We played exactly the same way in the opening 2 games and won 3-0 and 2-0 and looked like a proper team. With a lack of confidence right now, players are pulling in deeper, not taking risks, but that wasn't how we played on opening day and going by that performance as what JFH wants from us, seeing what we're seeing now is just a sign of a lack of confidence.

What I've seen these last few weeks is that with defeat, people will question literally everything possible. You go from blaming players to managers, to formations, to owners, to transfers. Soon we'll blame the groundsmen, eventually the LR Squirrel will have to deal with some backlash.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            But I don't understand why we need two play two DMs ever - be it home or away and regardless of the oppo in this league.

The job of the DM is to protect the back four, break up play and pass the ball to a team-mate. Having two CMs do this is overkill and a waste of a position, surely?

In the words of Simon Le Bon: "Can someone please explain the reason for this strange behaviour?"
                            Think it's about how you look at them. Luongo or Cousins shouldn't be that deep by their nature and the idea that we saw on opening day was Henry would be deep and sweeping, Luongo would win it higher up. Since then, the other central midfielder, be it luongo or cousins has dropped deeper and deeper, as Henry has seemed weaker and weaker with each passing week. My main criticism of JFH is keeping Henry in. I don't disagree with his formation or what he wants to do, but that one position is so important that we really should be playing Ariel there preferably.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                              Unfortunately JFH seems under the impression that this is just a glitch and confidence will return and we will start playing as well as we did before. What he doesn't understand is that before was not particularly good (we got lucky in a few games). He has never indicated that perhaps he needs to reevaluate and try something new, even though everybody is screaming out for him to do this. Maybe it's not stubbornness and this is the only way he can set players up to play. Though having said that not playing Sandro has to be down to his stubborn nature.
                              You see this is simply not true. I watched the final pre-season v Watford live, I was at the first game v Leeds and listened to us play Cardiff away live, then watched the whole match on catch-up. Versus Watford our pressing game totally dominated and we won 2-0. Versus Leeds we were in their faces from the off and played an excellent pressing game. We rightly won 3-0. Versus Cardiff the match commentator described it as 'the perfect away performance.' We won 0-2. That is not down to luck.

Since then the game plan seems to have unravelled and i don't know why exactly, but I have offered some explanations in my earlier post. What I take on board is what others in this thread have said, and that's that teams have found us out, because we always start with the same formation, so JFH's lack of flexibility is an issue. The lack of a class striker is our biggest problem IMO.

No one knows what's going on with Sandro, so as I said, I think it's pointless to speculate, even though plenty have made some large assumptions. As I also said, I think that performances will improve once Sylla, Borysiuk, Wszolek and N'gbakoto are fully up to speed and integrated.

Comment

You'd think given JFH's methods and rigorous training regime, the one thing we'd have would be intensity to our game - But strangely we don't even have that.

Something has to be wrong IMO - Whether it's dressing room related and players not believing in JFH or something else...

Comment

Working...
                                X