Where has jfh gone wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where has jfh gone wrong?

JFH came to us with a very good reputation.
    He did really well at Burton Albion and gave us high hopes that his success would continue at The Bush.
    He has had two transfer windows in which to buy the players that he thought were right for the QPR team.
    They have not gelled into a team and do not play attractive football and also do not seem to
    understand what their job is on the pitch. How much longer can JFH last with the shambles he has created?

He joined QPR

Comment

Originally posted by bigray View Post
      JFH came to us with a very good reputation.
      He did really well at Burton Albion and gave us high hopes that his success would continue at The Bush.
      He has had two transfer windows in which to buy the players that he thought were right for the QPR team.
      They have not gelled into a team and do not play attractive football and also do not seem to
      understand what their job is on the pitch. How much longer can JFH last with the shambles he has created?
      It's a good team I reckon with the potential to do well. But as others have said, they are not setup to win games, to attack to press, or most importantly, to adapt.

So, I think JFH was destined to failure from the outset, if he stuck to his steadfast belief of the tactics he's been using, which he has.

It is baffling how you can play one up front and then not have wingers running at their man, getting to the byline, or firing in crosses at every opportunity. It's baffling how teams across the world are trying to play the 'total football' style of play, walking the ball into the net after long periods of build up possession. Sure, teams like Man Utd or Chelsea can play that way, but QPR can't, unless we're a top 6 side and can afford 50 million squids on a mid-fielder.

He can easliy resolve the situation, he's clearly a manager, he's clearly got a brain, it's just not being used right now, clouded and foggy.

Comment

JFH took over a team on the up built by gary rowell. hes come to a club struggling after a few jokers in charge and hasn't been up to the job. poisoned blood through his Chels'# connection and would love to see him gone.

Comment

A massive factor has to be the limited budget. When you're only looking for bargains, it's a bit hit and miss and you're often buying players who are far from the finished article. For example, I think Conor Washington has proven to be not up to Championship standard, and that's a big disappointment; had he lived up to his promise, things might be very different right now. But he hasn't. Apart from that, I think JFH and Les have done fairly well with the bargain acquisitions. The problem is some of these players still need time and I think that shows. When all the players are fully fit and up to speed, especially the new signings, then we can judge him more fairly.

Tactically, I think he's been trying a system that seemed to work very well at the start of the season, but has gone off the rails a bit. I'm not exactly sure why. Whether the players aren't up to it, they're still not fit enough, I don't know. The problem is, JFH's options have been fairly limited, especially in the striker department. We just don't have a class finisher. Polts has done bloody well to step up and fill that role, but he's no Charlie Austin. And as I said before CW has been a disappointment. I think he's done very well to bring Shodipo on and into the team, but maybe he's protected him a bit too much when he could have played him more. For me, despite all the gnashing and wailing that's been going on especially since the 0-6, there's still a good chance Jimmy will turn it around. When Sylla is fully up to speed along with the Polish lads and Yeni Ngbakoto, I expect to see better performances.

The Sandro situation, however, remains a complete mystery. Why we have a player of that class totally ignored I just do not know and it seems futile to speculate. Henry is a a pale imitation of Sandro in the DM role and has also been disappointing of late, despite a good start. Perhaps it's a form thing. All teams and individual players have their ups and downs. This could just be a collective 'down'. Although being so reliant on Henry has not looked good for JFH and the sooner Borysiuk takes over the better.

All in all, I'd give JFH a 6/10 because he's been handed a difficult situation financially. I'd prefer to judge him once all the new players are integrated. If there's no change after that, then clearly he's not up to the job.

Comment

two holding mids and 1 up front at home against bottom of the table blackburn the mans inept , the players don't look super fit and have little belief . i watched the bloke on the fans forum he's thick

Comment

The big concern with him is how he fails to react to how games pan out and how he offers the players very little during games from the sideline. His handling of Sandro is at best shocking especially as Henry is a first team regular. I think we should cut our losses and admit it is not working as no way could his contract be extended.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                A massive factor has to be the limited budget. When you're only looking for bargains, it's a bit hit and miss and you're often buying players who are far from the finished article. For example, I think Conor Washington has proven to be not up to Championship standard, and that's a big disappointment; had he lived up to his promise, things might be very different right now. But he hasn't. Apart from that, I think JFH and Les have done fairly well with the bargain acquisitions. The problem is some of these players still need time and I think that shows. When all the players are fully fit and up to speed, especially the new signings, then we can judge him more fairly.

Tactically, I think he's been trying a system that seemed to work very well at the start of the season, but has gone off the rails a bit. I'm not exactly sure why. Whether the players aren't up to it, they're still not fit enough, I don't know. The problem is, JFH's options have been fairly limited, especially in the striker department. We just don't have a class finisher. Polts has done bloody well to step up and fill that role, but he's no Charlie Austin. And as I said before CW has been a disappointment. I think he's done very well to bring Shodipo on and into the team, but maybe he's protected him a bit too much when he could have played him more. For me, despite all the gnashing and wailing that's been going on especially since the 0-6, there's still a good chance Jimmy will turn it around. When Sylla is fully up to speed along with the Polish lads and Yeni Ngbakoto, I expect to see better performances.

The Sandro situation, however, remains a complete mystery. Why we have a player of that class totally ignored I just do not know and it seems futile to speculate. Henry is a a pale imitation of Sandro in the DM role and has also been disappointing of late, despite a good start. Perhaps it's a form thing. All teams and individual players have their ups and downs. This could just be a collective 'down'. Although being so reliant on Henry has not looked good for JFH and the sooner Borysiuk takes over the better.

All in all, I'd give JFH a 6/10 because he's been handed a difficult situation financially. I'd prefer to judge him once all the new players are integrated. If there's no change after that, then clearly he's not up to the job.
                This is a story we have heard from previous managers. We have to wait and wait for them to gel, but it never happens. If he had come on board at the beginning of the season, we should give him more time, but he has been here for nearly a year and there is no improvement. I think the new players will become disheartened playing in this team and will also be failures is something isn't done. Also this rolling contract is not clear. If it means in December we can tell him to leave, we have to start looking for a new manager now. We can't wait until December and then start looking for a new manager. He has to be in place by then and it is going to take time to find somebody suitable.

Comment

I don't think he is up to the job of management at this level. He did well at Burton, but as pointed out, that was after taking over a well drilled side built by Gary Rowett. He managed to keep that momentum into last season. However, he has not managed to get anywhere near that level with QPR.

His tactics don't look like working, the football is boring to say the least.
                  I don't know why Borysuik is not in the team, nor why Sylla is left on the bench in favour of Washington. And can someone please explain the Henry fixation.

As for the Sandro situation - it is even worse than the Redkrapp/Taarabt one.

He needs to change his tactics if results are to improve - but he won't and they won't.

Comment

les ferdinand as no managerial experience and He put both cris ramsey and jfH in as managers because he thougt they were nice blokes and there isnt much oppertunity for black managers
                    WE NEED WARNOCK AND FAST ONLY E CAN SAVE US
                    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

I don't think he is up to the job of management at this level. He did well at Burton, but as pointed out, that was after taking over a well drilled side built by Gary Rowett. He managed to keep that momentum into last season. However, he has not managed to get anywhere near that level with QPR.

His tactics don't look like working, the football is boring to say the least.
                      I don't know why Borysuik is not in the team, nor why Sylla is left on the bench in favour of Washington. And can someone please explain the Henry fixation.

As for the Sandro situation - it is even worse than the Redkrapp/Taarabt one.

He needs to change his tactics if results are to improve - but he won't and they won't.

Comment

Don't think it can be put down to lack of budget Hubs, I would imagine his is way in excess of those of Blackburn, Preston, Barnsley and Huddersfield. For me it's a combination of his in-built negativity, very odd team selections and stubbornness.

As others have said, when you are at home to Preston and Blackburn you don't require 2 defensive midfielders who restrict your creativity and attacking threat. He thought we did, he was wrong and so we threw away 5 points needlessly. I suspect that those 5 points would come in handy at the end of the season and we can't win them again.

Although he is not alone in doing this, constantly playing people out of position is ridiculous. When we have options for every position on the park and to play in various formations, it is plain stupid. Almost as soon as he announces his teams, it appears that he still hasn't learnt from previous mistakes. He compounds this basic failure by his inability to change things quickly enough during the game once the inevitable happens and things aren't going to plan. Not sure if that's because he is indecisive or simply hasn't grasped that we are awful.

I so much wanted him to do well, as did I'm sure the vast majority of us. But sadly, I have come to the conclusion that he simply isn't up to the job. He's had plenty of time and been allowed to add a lot of players, yet still there appears to be no cohesive plan. Don't have much sympathy with the views of some that he needs a lot more time. He has had more than enough time to get the players playing how he wants, in a system he wants. It's pretty clear to me that either he isn't getting his ideas across at all well, or that his ideas are not that good.

If we were having a go and being entertained like we were with Di Canio for example, I very much doubt there would be anything like the disillusionment and despair that has got to us. But the lack of entertainment as well as the lack of points, is certainly enough to put him under severe pressure right now and unless there is a rapid change, would justify in us parting company by next month at the latest.

Comment

The transfer window has only just shut, two games played and must be given a bit more time for the players to gel.

Our problem is we don't create enough.

Comment

In December 2015 acricketer said
                            Reading the interview on LFW it sounds like a solid defence is his priority. Burton have 3 forwards and only one of them has scored this season.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                              two holding mids and 1 up front at home against bottom of the table blackburn
                              The exact same set up Huddersfield are using.

Comment

Working...
                              X