Expectations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expectations

Everyone knew what the situation at our club was. Financially in disastrous situation with most of the players being on huge salaries without getting good results. It needed to stop or else we will be hit with a huge fine or even points deduction. There was no way the club would had continue spending huge amounts of money on salaries, well beyond the club limits. At last, common sense prevailed with players leaving in numbers thus reducing the wage outlet and bringing in players with less profile, however with a chance to improve themselves and the club. I am sure that the wage bill is much much lower then what it used to be. So finally, we are doing things the QPR way. Buying unknown players on little money and slowly turning them into good, quality players. What are we to expect during this transition? If we are to expect to win every game, then we are in big trouble. If we are expecting automatic promotion, we are also in big trouble. No even play-off I say. We have too many and unknown players to get that solid organisation required to be a good team. The most we could do as fans/supporters is to lower our expectations and save ourselves swallowing pills from high blood pressure conditions. However, if we love the club as our frustration is showing, we should support the players all way to bring the best out of them. By booing or staying quietly stunned, things will only get worse. The players needs you. U R's.

Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Best post in months on this site. Fantastic read. Cmon You R's!!!!
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

We can carry on clapping on our way down to league one ,,,,

Comment

That's not the problem. Nobody has great expectations. We just want a manager who can get the best out of his players, which JFH can't.

Comment

Originally posted by skranger View Post
            We can carry on clapping on our way down to league one ,,,,
            Must be fun at parties mate...
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

The players we have are not the worst to have pulled on the hoops it is just they are not producing the best under this manager. Is this as good as they are or would someone else be able to get more out of them?

Comment

Normally I would agree totally with a sensible , mature post like this. The continuous , though understandable short termism of too many on here usually drives me up the wall. However, it's easy for me ( former season ticket holder and now out in the sticks) as I don't have to shell out good money for the misery we are often experiencing. The problem I have is last Tuesday. To have literally never have experienced a feeling like that ( except in cup games and there's always an excuse for that) has left too big an impression on me to just shrug my shoulders and say, OK, it's all in the best long term interest. I didn't listen to the match yesterday, ignored as far as I could, and had a much more pleasant afternoon as a result. I feel the club need to be far more aware than they seem to be of just how momentous that result was.

Comment

Yeah. It's all my fault. What was I thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                    Normally I would agree totally with a sensible , mature post like this. The continuous , though understandable short termism of too many on here usually drives me up the wall. However, it's easy for me ( former season ticket holder and now out in the sticks) as I don't have to shell out good money for the misery we are often experiencing. The problem I have is last Tuesday. To have literally never have experienced a feeling like that ( except in cup games and there's always an excuse for that) has left too big an impression on me to just shrug my shoulders and say, OK, it's all in the best long term interest. I didn't listen to the match yesterday, ignored as far as I could, and had a much more pleasant afternoon as a result. I feel the club need to be far more aware than they seem to be of just how momentous that result was.
                    To be fair, I understand your perspective. I myself am a season ticket holder and I still enjoy going and I enjoy it because of the football, primarily as I don't really focus on much else to be honest. I was disappointed with Tuesday for sure, but I don't think for me that the financial consideration has ever come into play with regards to getting a season ticket, even as a student. My first goal every year is to save enough for the season ticket next year, no matter what. Maybe it's because I have limited responsibilities relative to others but that's how I feel. I go in with the expectation of watching football, be it good or bad. If I went wanting good football regularly, I'd go to a top prem side, not QPR. I come for all those emotions, the heartbreak, the joy when we get a result. Every win is more valuable to me as a fan because of who we are. No matter who it's against it feels good. And the same goes for defeat, no matter who it's against, it feels cr ap, but I love that. I love the rollercoaster we ride as fans, that's what makes the experience of it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                      Everyone knew what the situation at our club was. Financially in disastrous situation with most of the players being on huge salaries without getting good results. It needed to stop or else we will be hit with a huge fine or even points deduction. There was no way the club would had continue spending huge amounts of money on salaries, well beyond the club limits. At last, common sense prevailed with players leaving in numbers thus reducing the wage outlet and bringing in players with less profile, however with a chance to improve themselves and the club. I am sure that the wage bill is much much lower then what it used to be. So finally, we are doing things the QPR way. Buying unknown players on little money and slowly turning them into good, quality players. What are we to expect during this transition? If we are to expect to win every game, then we are in big trouble. If we are expecting automatic promotion, we are also in big trouble. No even play-off I say. We have too many and unknown players to get that solid organisation required to be a good team. The most we could do as fans/supporters is to lower our expectations and save ourselves swallowing pills from high blood pressure conditions. However, if we love the club as our frustration is showing, we should support the players all way to bring the best out of them. By booing or staying quietly stunned, things will only get worse. The players needs you. U R's.
                      We hardly on the bread line, shopping for freebies and loans. We've spent money on players. In my view, more than enough to be comfortably top half. The way some of you bang on, we're back to the days when Ollie had 8 first Teamers turn up to training and we had to get played in on a free and ask fans to help buy players. Stop exaggerating!

Comment

I think Huddersfield signed about 14 new players and look at them. But our lot need time to settle! The difference Saturday was mind blowing.

Comment

I do think we have a good core of players in the squad and welcomed the different approach to signings than of the past. There is one big problem at the club and it's the current manager..he is absolutely pony. Has not got an ounce of tactical ability and cannot ever think on his feet during a game. Once we get rid of the clown and bring in someone who knows what they are doing,then I think we will see the promise of the players we have.

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
                            I do think we have a good core of players in the squad and welcomed the different approach to signings than of the past. There is one big problem at the club and it's the current manager..he is absolutely pony. Has not got an ounce of tactical ability and cannot ever think on his feet during a game. Once we get rid of the clown and bring in someone who knows what they are doing,then I think we will see the promise of the players we have.
                            Great post

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              To be fair, I understand your perspective. I myself am a season ticket holder and I still enjoy going and I enjoy it because of the football, primarily as I don't really focus on much else to be honest. I was disappointed with Tuesday for sure, but I don't think for me that the financial consideration has ever come into play with regards to getting a season ticket, even as a student. My first goal every year is to save enough for the season ticket next year, no matter what. Maybe it's because I have limited responsibilities relative to others but that's how I feel. I go in with the expectation of watching football, be it good or bad. If I went wanting good football regularly, I'd go to a top prem side, not QPR. I come for all those emotions, the heartbreak, the joy when we get a result. Every win is more valuable to me as a fan because of who we are. No matter who it's against it feels good. And the same goes for defeat, no matter who it's against, it feels cr ap, but I love that. I love the rollercoaster we ride as fans, that's what makes the experience of it for me.
                              Wise words and thanks, Nasser, you've given me a boost with your reminder about what being an R is all about. I'll give them another chance on Tuesday. Can 'to really help it can we?

Comment

Working...
                              X