Joey Barton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid stupid boy
    My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• Serves himself right. He knew the rules about betting. Not as if he only did it once or twice. End of his career and was only really ever going to go out in controversy. He just doesn't know how to stay out of trouble. Good riddance. Have to say i thought he would probably get maybe a 10 to 15 game ban but i guess the fa have looked at his previous offences and threw the book at him. Sets a standard for the future. 1260 bets between 2006 and 2016. Makes you wonder whether he bet on us to lose or to get sent off when he did do as he reacted for silly things. Who knows?
      Last edited by qprjeff1882; 26-04-2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Read his take on it all

http://www.joeybarton.com/betting-statement/

Utter sh*te. utter utter sh*te. Some of the bets he placed were as stupid as he is!

QPR to win against Rochdale in the cup £250 - Lost. I could have told you that for free
        My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• 1,260 bets over a 7 year period?

What a pillock. Every professional footballer knows the rules!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            1,260 bets over a 7 year period?

What a pillock. Every professional footballer knows the rules!
            Bets took place between 2006 and 2016

Comment

• I think he makes some excellent points about the reliance of football and the FA on sponsorship from betting companies. He plans to appeal the ban: https://www.theguardian.com/football...etting-burnley

Comment

• Wonder whether he gets bitter and tries to drag others into it like he tried to do v Man City

Comment

• Loads of silly 5 pound best just to keep himself entertained by the looks of it.
                  He cant of made a single penny, he bet on us to win a cup game for gads sake.

Comment

• Load of b*llox if you ask me....the bloke doesn't have enough friends in the game to actually influence a result !!

Comment

• the way Preston capitulated against the barcodes Monday, I reckon inside betting is rife
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• End of the day they do seem to be just silly little bets BUT the rules are the rules and he knew he shouldn't be betting but did over 1000 times, so when you get caught you pay the price and he has been caught so just accept it but seems he will take everyone on and probably cause more trouble for others. Like Terry, Barton is just a wrongun and always will be right through his life whatever he does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                          I think he makes some excellent points about the reliance of football and the FA on sponsorship from betting companies. He plans to appeal the ban: https://www.theguardian.com/football...etting-burnley
                          The bloke is a pr1ck and a total fool for gambling when the rules on footballers gambling are so strict and well known. However, I agree that he makes some very good points in what he says. The FA have 100% made an example of him for who he is.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                            Bets took place between 2006 and 2016
                            I think it was 2013.

Comment

• Great stuff
                              C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

• he got 7 mill for his gaff in kew , he's got properties abroad , race horses, time to put his feet up , players with limited ability like him get to be millionaires is just wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X