Contrasting views on loft for words.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Yes Ramsay I did and the football was ####. Smithies, Hall and Luongo stood out so don't chuck that old chestnut at me about did I go. Got a result but not convincing.
    was comfortable and not clinging on at all. Was a very astue away performance and to try and take that away from them is wrong.

Comment

I don't mind losing or drawing. Its the style in which we do it that bothers me.

Said a while ago on here, results are not the be all and end all for me. I want to be entertained and see a bit of excitement. From the minute he got the job its been a massive bore fest. That's my major gripe.

Comment

We were #### and did #### even after we went ahead yes they got the result but itcwas not convincing. Did you go up there? If you did you will recall Perch's clearance in injury time that went past the post or can you not remember that?? Would suggest holding on right??

Comment

Oh and for the record I watched it soba so was all clear to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            Yes Ramsay I did and the football was ####. Smithies, Hall and Luongo stood out so don't chuck that old chestnut at me about did I go. Got a result but not convincing.
            Agreed. You can sort of put up with it when you nick and away win but we get this dross at home too.

Comment

Jimmys jobs on the line and he knows it. I reckon we will see a more attacking side in our next few games but that won't matter as long as we defend like clowns

Comment

3 #### poor lifeless home performances should not be covered by a #### performance away where we nicked a 1-0 win.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                  (Wigan) Performance was solid.
                  I agree it was solid, but we definitely rode our luck at times. With competent finishing they should have at least equalised. That's not wisdom after the event as I said the same at the time. The term 'ground out a 1-0' was trotted out but in reality we hung on by good fortune as much as design.

Comment

Personally I've seen too much change in the past 8 seasons for my liking. One thing I certainly am positive about is the willingness to work hard for eachother compared to 2 seasons back.

I can't say I'm a great lover of jfh but I also certainly don't want to see him sacked and is having to start again. I'm not having that absolutely every manager we appoint is bad. Mid table in the champ was mosts predictions and that's where we are.

6-0 at home to anyone is not excusable but let's also bare in mind that newcastles mitrovic up top cost the same amount as most of our team put together. Like I said that doesn't make it right but it does show the levels of budget we are against at the moment.

Although however much I am willing jfh on, it's inexcusable that Karl Henry is still playing every game. I honestly believe for our game plan to work. ( keeping the ball) Henry and ned are not comfortable enough in possession to play that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      If we play like we have away all season and nick a win and go shooting back up the table, what happens then?
                      I think a few people are missing the point with JFH.

I want to see QPR playing football again, that was in our DNA. We play non football. Also sides are getting wise to our limited set up and way past their sell by date tactics. We are unable to create anything, and that is as much a function of set up as skill. We're seeing what we saw at Burton, very predictable - except this time without the dressing room. Managers have to earn the respect of the players, it may not be fair but its true. You can tell by the surrender that they don't respect him. No football, no heart. Not a great recipe.

Comment

I think fans accept bad football if it gleans results, like Wigan away for example. Problem comes when shite performances are coupled with shite results and that's where we are at, at this time.

Jimmy needs to either find results quickly or get at least more adventurous and attacking or he's gonna be out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                          Jimmys jobs on the line and he knows it. I reckon we will see a more attacking side in our next few games but that won't matter as long as we defend like clowns

Took the words out right out of my mouth with the first part.

At Burton Jimmy was able to play a controlled, defensive, boring game that would grind out a 1-0 win. That may be alright in League One but it won't work in this division.

If this 6-0 thrashing means we start to play more attack oriented footy, then maybe it could be a blessing in disguise... Sure as hell doesn't feel like of at the moment tho.
                          Feed The Massimo And He Will Score

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger-JimBob View Post
                            That may be alright in League One but it won't work in this division.
                            Exactly this, was pointed it out at the time. Plus ideas about how to set up have moved on. JFH hasn't.

Comment

Jimmy used up one of his life on Tuesday night and I am definitely in the give him more time camp however another couple of performances like that and it will become untenable for him, much in the same way Hughes's reign went and Ramseys. Teams do have bizarre results in recent years Man Utd 1 Man City 6, Man Utd 8 Arsenal 2 etc etc so throwing our toys out the pram initially is a little premature but he has certainly used up one of his lives that is for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                                I agree it was solid, but we definitely rode our luck at times. With competent finishing they should have at least equalised. That's not wisdom after the event as I said the same at the time. The term 'ground out a 1-0' was trotted out but in reality we hung on by good fortune as much as design.
                                disagree. Honestly thought we looked comfortable. Yes they had plenty of ball around our area. But can you honestly say they had chances they should have scored?

Comment

Working...
                                X