Losing 6-0 at home is not a blip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing 6-0 at home is not a blip

We suffered the worst home defeat in our history in not even the highest division. It needs to be said that we are a shambles and this is not a blip. A serious tonking was not hard to predict, we just couldn't bring ourselves to admit it.

JFH hasn't shown any signs of having a strategy that can compete, even if our resources are slim. I look at our squad and see league 1 all over it, bottom half.

Even teams with limited talent and resources can organise themselves to frustrate and even nick a game. JFH can't even do that.

Telling the team to stand still in their positions for 90 minutes has more chance of a result than Jimmy's game plans.

Even Barnsley and Huddersfield are better than us, no money but heart. Too late for Jimmy now
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Newcastle aside one thing he can't be accused of is not organising us and if you don't think that your blind

What he has failed is to add any attacking dimension to the side

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Newcastle aside one thing he can't be accused of is not organising us and if you don't think that your blind

What he has failed is to add any attacking dimension to the side
        Agreed Westy after Tuesday tho I'm beginning to wobble about JFH always saw a bit of progress in his side's that said we have to be careful what we wishfor the times reporting that great tactical awareness of free flowing football Tony Phyllis was sitting next Ferdinand on Tuesday night

Comment

Why do we think we have a lack of resources? Not as much as last few years, that we can spend anyway, but we're not brining in freebies and loans. We've spent a decent amount of money to expect top half in my view.

Comment

Agree dogs massive question about him after Newcastle but if we're going slate him let's keep it to the facts.

Huge game for him Saturday and I would say the actual result will be secondary to the actual performance. The natives are restless and when that happens it's hard to settle them

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
              Agreed Westy after Tuesday tho I'm beginning to wobble about JFH always saw a bit of progress in his side's that said we have to be careful what we wishfor the times reporting that great tactical awareness of free flowing football Tony Phyllis was sitting next Ferdinand on Tuesday night
              Who's Tony Phyllis?

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                Who's Tony Phyllis?
                Keep up with the derision J. Tony Pullis

Comment

Pullis style of football would make us look like barca after the sh it weve been watching.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Agree dogs massive question about him after Newcastle but if we're going slate him let's keep it to the facts.

Huge game for him Saturday and I would say the actual result will be secondary to the actual performance. The natives are restless and when that happens it's hard to settle them
                    I agree Westy about the performance over-rides the result. Just don't see him changing his tactics to make us more adventurous. Away I agree he can be more cautious, but playing the way he does at home is going to get himself the boot
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Perhaps if Pullis has changed his name he may have changed his style of football?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                        Perhaps if Pullis has changed his name he may have changed his style of football?
                        What ever his name is. Never been my choice but one plus might be he'd bring G Francis that would a proper coach and tactician to work behind the scenes

Comment

Never have we looked worse at defending corners which was highlighted by clark walking free in the area to head home number 5 on tuesday. No leadership on or off the pitch right now.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                            Never have we looked worse at defending corners which was highlighted by clark walking free in the area to head home number 5 on tuesday. No leadership on or off the pitch right now.
                            I think they saw early on they were getting the run around heads drop and they gave up which was not on. Had game been nil nil or one nil going into final stages don't think last three goals would have happened but what is alarming is just how they downed tools

Comment

To be fair I sit directly behind the goal with my boys and our marking is a joke as we have no one who takes charge and leads. This is the quietest back four I have seen down there in over 30 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X