The players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Cant agreed there Mush. I'd give them the trophy now. They will walk it imho. That was the best performance ever by any championship side would be my guess.

Comment

Cant agreed there Mush. I'd give them the trophy now. They will walk it imho. That was the best performance ever by any championship side would be my guess.
      Each to their own but I'll say Norwich will win this division.

As for best performance ever there's been loads of away 6-0's over the years but didn't Bournemouth beat someone 8-0 away a few seasons back...

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Each to their own but I'll say Norwich will win this division.

As for best performance ever there's been loads of away 6-0's over the years but didn't Bournemouth beat someone 8-0 away a few seasons back...
        But we aint even that bad a defensive side and they ripped us to to shreds, was an amazing display of football im sad to say.

Comment

we aint even that bad a defensive side and they ripped us to to shreds
          Have to disagree Kev. It's been repeated ad nauseum now - defensively we were beyond a joke on the night. It was a litany of inexcusable schoolboy errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            Have to disagree Kev. It's been repeated ad nauseum now - defensively we were beyond a joke on the night. It was a litany of inexcusable schoolboy errors.
            I think that's the point Kev made. This season certainly, we've not made many errors, and yet here comes a team that forces 6 errors. That's how good they were on the night.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              I think that's the point Kev made. This season certainly, we've not made many errors, and yet here comes a team that forces 6 errors. That's how good they were on the night.
              Nas, Blackburn could have had a hatful with better finishing. Any half decent side are capable of putting 3 or 4 past this so called team of ours.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                here comes a team that forces 6 errors. That's how good they were on the night.
                I disagree. You're giving them way too much credit. At least 3 of those errors were very much avoidable had there been the application of some extremely basic defending. Their 3rd goal was the perfect example of this but there were others too. So that really is not "how good they were on the night" but how pis$ poor we were on those specific and crucial occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  I disagree. You're giving them way too much credit. At least 3 of those errors were very much avoidable had there been the application of some extremely basic defending. Their 3rd goal was the perfect example of this but there were others too. So that really is not "how good they were on the night" but how pis$ poor we were on those specific and crucial occasions.
                  naive if you think they won 6 zip because we were so poor. It was the best performance i have seen from a team against us in a LONG TIME

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                    naive if you think they won 6 zip because we were so poor. It was the best performance i have seen from a team against us in a LONG TIME
                    This matched with the way our team was set up - We were poor because of our set up.

Comment

Team with the least shots against them suddenly becomes the worst defence in the division in one night. Don't get it myself. Going by that record so far you just have to put it down to the other team being exceptional and much better.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                        This matched with the way our team was set up - We were poor because of our set up.
                        I dont dispute that. Jimmy 100% got it wrong on the night. If we were playing a lower league side, perhaps we would have got away with a draw. Newcastle were superb though and anyone blaming the lose soley on us needs to take a serous look at how they performed.

Comment

Team with the least shots against them suddenly becomes the worst defence in the division in one night. Don't get it myself. Going by that record so far you just have to put it down to the other team being exceptional and much better.
                          I'd accept this if the scoreline weren't 0-6!!!! Kev. Teams have worldy matches, but this weren't Man City. Better teams like Man City have played better than that down at LR and not won 0-6!

We were setup to lose from the team sheet.

Comment

Just as one example - think some people need to re-watch their 3rd goal and see how much time and space Shelvey was given. Absolutely zero excuse for that from a defensive POV. It was a 100% preventable goal with just some basic man-marking and simply being aware of the player's presence. I bet Shelvey himself couldn't even believe it.

Again, a very similar scenario for at least one of their corners.

Comment

Christ, the goal from the corner was like slow-motion!!

2 of their fellas could of headed it in, I couldn't believe my eyes at how easy it was!

Comment

To be honest, once it goes down that fast, I think every team loses their focus. The difference between what usually happens and what happened on saturday was that Newcastle didn't let up. 90 percent of the time, a team that in charge cools down as they know they don't have to put in the effort to win anymore. Newcastle players kept running. Totally surprised me and I'm switching camps from "they're f ark ed this year" to "They'll win it"
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X