Last night kind of puts a different perspective on things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night kind of puts a different perspective on things

Newcastle with their squad are the Championship equivalent of world beaters. They should be going into every game expecting to win and I was expecting them to win last night. What I had also expected though is we would make them work for it, not succumb to a record home league thrashing. It was not just poor it was actually shameful regardless of the quality in Newcastle's squad.

Prior to that game I was quietly optimistic we could do ok this season with a view to progressing further next season. On paper two good goalies, excellent defence, lots of options in central midfield. Weak on the wing but we have two new recruits and weak up top albeit we have another unknown newbie. So overall a reasonable base to build on and JFH's reputation at Burton was to grind out results.

After the game I do wonder how the team and manager can come back from that? A cliché but the next few games crucial. The team needs to man up and show some pride. If there is no positive response then, even as someone who has been supportive of JFH, in my view the club need to make a hard decision and get someone else in.

Never felt this way about a single result before but is was simply just so bad.

I think Jimmy will have a similar team and similar formation against Huddersfield, and we will grind out a point. He will then throw a mix of youth and Sandro in the cup game against Sunderland (basically because he doesn't care about the cup) and we will win. If this happens hopefully it will show him that there is another way he can use the squad and he will learn from this.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      Newcastle with their squad are the Championship equivalent of world beaters. They should be going into every game expecting to win and I was expecting them to win last night. What I had also expected though is we would make them work for it, not succumb to a record home league thrashing. It was not just poor it was actually shameful regardless of the quality in Newcastle's squad.

Prior to that game I was quietly optimistic we could do ok this season with a view to progressing further next season. On paper two good goalies, excellent defence, lots of options in central midfield. Weak on the wing but we have two new recruits and weak up top albeit we have another unknown newbie. So overall a reasonable base to build on and JFH's reputation at Burton was to grind out results.

After the game I do wonder how the team and manager can come back from that? A cliché but the next few games crucial. The team needs to man up and show some pride. If there is no positive response then, even as someone who has been supportive of JFH, in my view the club need to make a hard decision and get someone else in.

could'nt agree more

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Great post, I'm also with you in never feeling this way about a result before, even in the Prem - Shocked me to the core.
        Inexcusable.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
          Jimmy will have a similar team and similar formation against Huddersfield, and we will grind out a point. He will then throw a mix of youth and Sandro in the cup game against Sunderland (basically because he doesn't care about the cup) and we will win.
          Cheers Mystic Meg

Comment

And what did we say after double doses from Fulham, same thing?

Comment

Working...
            X