No announcement yet.

Strangely enough...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if we played our strongest team and all in the right positions we still would have got tonked but prob kept our record . The Toons were that good.

Comment

Newcastle might have been good but our defending was absolute schoolboy stuff.

Caulker looked back to his old self, stiff as a board and with zero confidence and Bidwell looks half the player he was at Brentford last season.

Only at QPR

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        Not meaning to mock any of your anger by the way, guys. Crack on, I don't blame you at all.
        Just making the point that I feel strangely calmer than I thought I would, maybe im one of the shell shocked ones 77? I dunno.
        One thing I am certain of though is that I'm going to Huddersfield on Saturday, and I want to see some sort of response.
        I see the point you are making, because I also do not feel as hurt as I should do given the scoreline. I fully expected a Newcastle win. I said in pre season they would win this league and even after they lost the opening 2 games nothing changed my thinking.

The manner of the defeat and of course the usual boring $hite set up, tactics and team selection are what really hurt.
        JFH has been shocking from day one. The football is dull and predictable. He sets the team up to not lose, but if they go behind, they usually lose as there is no plan B.

Some of us saw this and wanted him out in January after a winless first 9 or 10 games. Not only were they losing, but the fans were watching. dull performances in many of those games.

Of course the excuse was that he needed time to build his own team and that it was a work in progess. Well this is his team and the work in progress is taking the club downwards. I can't see his team getting anything at Huddersfield and possibly nothing against Birmingham or Burton.
        If that happens, surely he will be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
          Cant be to disappointed, totally outclassed from minute 1 to minute 93 could've been 10 or more, we haven't beaten any one outside the bottom 8, we look devoid of ideas, manger looks clueless doesn't know how to change things, think a lot of people had some deluded ideas we were going to be challenging, we look like a bottom half team who may just stave off relegation, may not win again for a while tough games coming up Huddersfield, Birmingham, Burton wont be easy and then the usual spanking at Fulham
          i agree.
          They were totally outplayed in every way.
          Things will be very tough over the next few weeks and they will be lucky if not in the bottom 3 soon.
          Clueless Manager and clueless football.
          7 games played and not a single goal from open play sums it all up.

Had they beaten Preston and Blackburn this defeat would have been accepted as being beaten by a better team, but those games clearly show up this team as not being good enough or the way they are set up is not working.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            I see the point you are making, because I also do not feel as hurt as I should do given the scoreline. I fully expected a Newcastle win. I said in pre season they would win this league and even after they lost the opening 2 games nothing changed my thinking.

The manner of the defeat and of course the usual boring $hite set up, tactics and team selection are what really hurt.
            JFH has been shocking from day one. The football is dull and predictable. He sets the team up to not lose, but if they go behind, they usually lose as there is no plan B.

Some of us saw this and wanted him out in January after a winless first 9 or 10 games. Not only were they losing, but the fans were watching. dull performances in many of those games.

Of course the excuse was that he needed time to build his own team and that it was a work in progess. Well this is his team and the work in progress is taking the club downwards. I can't see his team getting anything at Huddersfield and possibly nothing against Birmingham or Burton.
            If that happens, surely he will be gone.
            Unfortunately, Stan, I'm starting to see things the same way. Not meaning any disrespect to you by saying unfortunately there, just that I really want any manager who is in charge of our club to succeed. We've gone through so many managers in the past decade it'd be nice to have one that does well and lasts 2 seasons at least, you know? But it seems people were right about JFH, much as I hate to admit it. He didn't have a scooby last night.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2