Strangely enough...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strangely enough...

...I have no complaints. Of course, it hurt like hell seeing us lose like that and by that margin tonight. But the way I see it, Newcastle showed why they will more than likely win the Championship. They are a much better side than us, outclassed us all over the field in every department. Could Jimmy have set us up in a more attacking way and got us to get in their faces from the start? Probably. But IMO, with Newcastle playing the way they did, no team in the Championship would've beaten them tonight. Yes, we were poor, yes it hurts, yes I'm farked off with the lot of them...but full credit to Newcastle, they were simply too good and too strong for us. Instead of complaining about it, I'm more inclined to think yep, fair enough, well played Newcastle.

Now, lets see how we respond. Rangers til I die.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

they had meaning to their attacks , precise passing and got the ball to their front players quickly . shelvey strolled around , not even getting up a sweat firing passes here and there , dropping deep to collect the ball . our midfield didn't have it about them to get anywhere near him . the space they gave shelvey was shocking

Comment

Six nil. One disallowed goal. Hit the bar twice. They were brilliant. But we let them be as brilliant as they were. Jimmy the Clown made no effort to change things to stop the rot. Subs sucked. What was Perch doing at right wing? FFS?? Are you joking? The team he sent out there was an absolute disgrace. We've had ten months of s hit performances with Jimmy. Leeds at home being the single exception.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        ...I have no complaints. Of course, it hurt like hell seeing us lose like that and by that margin tonight. But the way I see it, Newcastle showed why they will more than likely win the Championship. They are a much better side than us, outclassed us all over the field in every department. Could Jimmy have set us up in a more attacking way and got us to get in their faces from the start? Probably. But IMO, with Newcastle playing the way they did, no team in the Championship would've beaten them tonight. Yes, we were poor, yes it hurts, yes I'm farked off with the lot of them...but full credit to Newcastle, they were simply too good and too strong for us. Instead of complaining about it, I'm more inclined to think yep, fair enough, well played Newcastle.

They will not have an easier game all season. Another wacking Saturday and I don't see how he can survive. There was a real feeling of anger tonight and it was all aimed at Hasslebank. Clueless.

Comment

You can't play narrow against a team that's getting the ball out wide with ease, and firing crosses in straight away behind the last man and turning defenders. Brilliant tactics to be honest. Burnley and Leicester played like that against us and everyone else, and look where they are now.
          Last edited by Olly; 14-09-2016, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
            They will not have an easier game all season. Another wacking Saturday and I don't see how he can survive. There was a real feeling of anger tonight and it was all aimed at Hasslebank. Clueless.
            Wasn't much anger in the Ellerslie. Bar mine. Most folk were shell shocked. But some planks were dumb enough to applaud the players at the end.

Comment

Not meaning to mock any of your anger by the way, guys. Crack on, I don't blame you at all.
              Just making the point that I feel strangely calmer than I thought I would, maybe im one of the shell shocked ones 77? I dunno.
              One thing I am certain of though is that I'm going to Huddersfield on Saturday, and I want to see some sort of response.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

You may not have complaints but some fans will. Had we lost 1-0 or 2-0 then could say no complaints as they are the best team in the league. Other teams lose against them while holding their own. But us, we have to be humiliated. So I think that's what is bothering fans. It's not losing, it's getting destroyed. Since the Tony era (and this not a blame on him) we have had a few games now where we let in 6. So something is going wrong with our mentality over last few years.
                'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  But some planks were dumb enough to applaud the players at the end.
                  I clapped at the end purely for those who made the effort to clap us staying until the final whistle...nothing to do with their performances.

Comment

Originally posted by qprvoyager10 View Post
                    You may not have complaints but some fans will. Had we lost 1-0 or 2-0 then could say no complaints as they are the best team in the league. Other teams lose against them while holding their own. But us, we have to be humiliated. So I think that's what is bothering fans. It's not losing, it's getting destroyed. Since the Tony era (and this not a blame on him) we have had a few games now where we let in 6. So something is going wrong with our mentality over last few years.
                    And, as I said in my second post, I wasn't meaning to mock anyone, nor did I blame anyone for feeling angry/complaining.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Not meaning to mock any of your anger by the way, guys. Crack on, I don't blame you at all.
                      Just making the point that I feel strangely calmer than I thought I would, maybe im one of the shell shocked ones 77? I dunno.
                      One thing I am certain of though is that I'm going to Huddersfield on Saturday, and I want to see some sort of response.
                      No doubt they're a great side, Ginge. We were well beaten even if we'd lost two nil. Fast. They were in our box like lightening. Men against boys. Looked premiership class. But f acking hell, what a crock of s hit we looked. They used their bench to change a great team to a better team. The clueless clown had no idea how to use his bench to try to stop the bleeding. And he had four f acking wingers. And those wingers on the pitch were played out of position. And one of them was a f acking RB. Playing in front of a CB playing RB. Jesus Christ.

Comment

They could've come here and setup for the draw, but they didn't. They went away from home looking for all 3 points, not to share a point.

Every team that comes to play us now will play us to beat us, they know we can't score and we won't try.

Comment

i can see us getting another hiding at fulham aswell!

Comment

Certainty with this plank in charge

Comment

Same old rangers, destined to be a very mediocre football club from top to bottom. Fans expectations are far to high, JFH V Fat Spanish Waiter......no comparison, Benitez is class.

Never known a club at this level get a hiding so often. When we go 3-0 down we tend to completely give up. Having said that we wont be the only side to let in more then 4 against the toon this season.
                              http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Working...
                              X