My issues with qpr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My issues with qpr

hello, been off the mb for a while and have not renewed my season ticket after many years.....i couldn't take the newbys, lack of atmosphere, prices and all that anymore. so many mates walked away, modern football has become a corporate nightmare for fans. sky sports poured money in and did we fans benefit? not til recently, we went up and it began.....the emergence of the NEWBY, we slated oppo fans for less, @sit down or i get a steward/report you@
    etc.....no wonder the once renowned atmosphere died off. loyal fans priced out or walked away, but will the newbys be there when the poop hits the fan? will they go wrexham on a tuesday night???
    WEST HAM are copping it now at the new stadium, and we know chelsea and arsenal are FRIDGES , stewards are my pet hate, as many may know.....no common sense and over officious, self inflated egos and total khunts in some cases.
    qpr away days were a special day, win,lose or draw...it was beers with your mates, banter and if you missed any, it was THE day out.....the club can dress it up with another badge but it goes deeper. the fanbase made qprfc , the fanbase helped stop mergers, closures and so much esle, raised money that olly used to buy cureton, who helped get us up.....that UNITY went ages back. anyway, at least some decent results give fans something to cheer.
    probably a few away days for me only this season.....i have have issues with sir les and the spurs influence at our club. good luck and all that.

Prices????

Comment

reckon you're a couple of years ahead of me modfather

Comment

Sir Les and the Spurs influence? What Spurs influence?
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I have been going since 1966, nothing really changes, we re are small team in West London who sometimes hits the dizzy heights, fans have always moaned how crap the team was, only the team who finished runners up in old first division was a truly a great side.
          I've seen Marsh, Bowles, etc but at times we were still rubbish, I do agree about Sky ruining football with stupid kick off times etc but football needs the average old fashioned fan to turn up, without it and relying on the tourists and corporate will finish football for good.

Comment

Issues with QPR????? Thought you were going give breaking news on boardroom etc

Not issues with QPR more personal moan of why you have gone off club

Comment

I think the op has opinions that are shared with a lot of fans. Talking to a Arsenal ST holder who used to travel to home games with 3 or 4 mates. Now travels alone, all knocked it on the head, ticket price being the main reason
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Don't remember Cureton being part of the promotion squad?

Comment

ive been going since 1962 and there has always been issues at rangers White City,merger Bulstrode,Chris Wright,buying Brentford,Paladini,the poison dwarf,Flabio
                  the club has never really had any stability and will always probably be the same

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
                    hello, been off the mb for a while and have not renewed my season ticket after many years.....i couldn't take the newbys, lack of atmosphere, prices and all that anymore. so many mates walked away, modern football has become a corporate nightmare for fans. sky sports poured money in and did we fans benefit? not til recently, we went up and it began.....the emergence of the NEWBY, we slated oppo fans for less, @sit down or i get a steward/report you@
                    etc.....no wonder the once renowned atmosphere died off. loyal fans priced out or walked away, but will the newbys be there when the poop hits the fan? will they go wrexham on a tuesday night???
                    WEST HAM are copping it now at the new stadium, and we know chelsea and arsenal are FRIDGES , stewards are my pet hate, as many may know.....no common sense and over officious, self inflated egos and total khunts in some cases.
                    qpr away days were a special day, win,lose or draw...it was beers with your mates, banter and if you missed any, it was THE day out.....the club can dress it up with another badge but it goes deeper. the fanbase made qprfc , the fanbase helped stop mergers, closures and so much esle, raised money that olly used to buy cureton, who helped get us up.....that UNITY went ages back. anyway, at least some decent results give fans something to cheer.
                    probably a few away days for me only this season.....i have have issues with sir les and the spurs influence at our club. good luck and all that.

Wow, what a whingeing, whining, depressing pile of waffle.

Thank god you have been away for a while, next time make it longer.

Now I'm off to support the team, it's what we do.

COYR's

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
                      Wow, what a whingeing, whining, depressing pile of waffle.

Thank god you have been away for a while, next time make it longer.

Now I'm off to support the team, it's what we do.

COYR's
                      Well said, it's more like the mod father has the issue's IMO. Each to their own, everyone has an opinion and the mod has his.
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I'd be surprised if fans that turn up to watch us week in and week out this season are newbies. To be honest, even if they are, they deserve medals for supporting with football on show. These fans have to turn up to watch polter or el kahati at Barnsley in mid week. Not wrexham maybe but I think your post must be 2 years old. Off the field I think things are in good order and club is offering 7 pound to watch qpr Sunderland. To me we've got a lot right. On the pitch, is another matter. We're far too negative.

Comment

I thought the OP was from 2013 and had been resurrected. It certainly reads like that. Things have improved imo since the worst excesses of Hughes and Harold. Not exactly rosy yet, but we definitely seem to have turned a corner, which is why the OP seems like an anachronism to me. I feel more engaged now than I did a year or so ago. Even the old excitement has come back, at times.

Comment

It's a pity we couldn't bring back terraces in some parts off the ground
                            You Rsssssss

Comment

Mods fallen out of love with modern football.and Mel and sue are leaving the great British bake off! My life is over.
                              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
                              X