Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Hughes finally recreated QPR 2012 at Stoke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Hughes finally recreated QPR 2012 at Stoke?

From yesterday's Guardian:

Nurse, it’s happening again! Stoke City have suffered a relapse of the sickly form that beset them at the start and end of last season and Mark Hughes needs to find an effective treatment quickly. Otherwise his ears will be assailed anew by the three little words that he least wants to hear: Queens Park Rangers.

Over the past three seasons Hughes has made a decent fist of rebuilding a managerial reputation that lay in ruins in November 2012, when he was dismissed after 10 months as QPR manager with his blinged-up team bottom of the league and winless after 12 matches of the season. That side was one of the most error-prone, unbalanced and ####less seen in the top flight – and at times on Saturday, as well as on an alarming number of previous times this year, Stoke looked a lot like them. Which made them a pleasure to play against, as Tottenham Hotspur demonstrated by swaggering to a repeat of the 4-0 victory they enjoyed at the same ground in April.

Whole article: https://www.theguardian.com/football...defensive-woes

I think hughes is a good manager until he starts throwing money around. Did great jobs at blackburn, fulham and stoke but as soon as he has money to spend he just flops

Comment

Stoke are worse than we were, we had 2 points at this stage in THAT season!

See you next season Hughes you egotistical pr*ck!

Comment

Is a strange one that he would appear to fark it all up whenever he is allowed to spend money. Seems to do better with no money.

Regardless of his reign with us, never really liked the bloke as a manager, so hope it all goes t!ts up for him.

Comment

Full Hughes.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Stoke are worse than we were, we had 2 points at this stage in THAT season!

See you next season Hughes you egotistical pr*ck!
            You think he'll be around next season.

Comment

Has money, spends it on players he can get, unbalances the side, plays people out of position, the team starts loosing. I did enjoy watching Spurs smash them on MOTD just to see Hughes get sent to the stands

Comment

Is Kia Joorabchian still his agent?

Comment

some people just make my skin crawl . mark hughes , eamon holmes and david from coronation street , they've never done anything to me but have to switch channels when they come on

Comment

Working...
                  X