Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    pre-match and half-time dolly birds
    There is not much I like about my local club but........

Comment

fans can't be blamed for not vocally and passionately getting behind the team when we've been playing below par football at home whilst the away side are playing like their lives are on the line.

all that can change that is if we start playing better, not neccesarily winning but simply our team giving it their all at home. once fans see the team giving it their all, they will too

Comment

Exciting football apart, there are a few things that could be done. Even when we have played well, we have had a poor atmosphere so to say it will be rocking if we are playing well is a bit naive in my opinion.

Family stand: Should not be being the goal. Look at Man Utd, West Ham, Spurs, Liverpool etc. Behind their goals is their loud sections and everyone stands. If you stand, you can shout and support a lot easier than when you are sitting. You get more into the game and almost move with the game, heading every ball etc. We do not have enough areas where people stand. Some of R block does, but no where else does. You cannot generate noise if you are sitting and you certainly cant shout if you are surrounded by kids. The Loft should be our vocal area like it was when I was growing up but it isnt now, and it is a real shame. Move the family stand and encourage people to stand in this area and more will get involved elsewhere.

Stewards: Tied in with the above. They are heavy handed when making the home fans sit. Away fans always stand but we get chucked out for standing. Make sure everyone is in there right place yeah, fair enough. But if they are standing, especially at the back - let them! Dont turf them out as normally they are the loud ones.

Prices: Yeah this has a bit on an effect, but I dont shout less because ive paid more. The 'average fan' shouldnt be priced out for what we are paying so I dont think this is an excuse.

Of course, if the game is dull then more chance it will be a quiet atmosphere. But on the other hand, if you are bored then having some chanting to get involved with will make the game more exciting.

Comment

Spongeparr is bang on , having the Loft back would increase the atmosphere by miles , back in the day the Loft used to suck the ball into the net , and give dogs abuse to the away keeper ( after clapping him on ! ) ,Les Seally anyone ???? Having the family stand in the lower Loft has not worked and needs to be moved asap .
          Decent lager sold ,would get me going too !
          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Think there's zero chance of the "family area" being moved judging by Lee Hoos' comments at the fans forum.

Anybody on here want to move their season ticket seat so it frees up some space for it?

If so, can you please ask everybody around you to sign a petition on Tuesday night. See, sorted.

Comment

Upper away never have any trouble making noise, so what's wrong with upper loft?

Comment

Fill the ground would be a huge help and the natural place to start. Most of you guys have ST's I know which are pretty decently priced but individual match day tickets are ridiculously priced. £37.50 for an adult (inc booking fee) to watch a game of Championship football is utterly extortionate. Should be 25 max and with that you would get a full LR and the most important factor in generating an atmosphere, people!

Comment

Originally posted by Glevum_Hoop View Post
                  How do we improve the atmosphere at HQ?
                  Impossible. It died when TF created 'the family stand'. Until the loft is reclaimed you'll never get the atmosphere back to how it used to be. Simple as that.

The even more damaging aspect of that decision is that competitive points have been lost as a direct result of the loss of atmosphere. A clear correlation can be made, because the clear advantage it once gave us was taken away, like a rug being pulled from under our feet. Calamitous business decision that was, in the days of Beard, a poorly advised Chairman, and zero fan consultation.

Comment

True need the Loft back

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                      play entertaining football
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I thought Saturday was better than most other games this season. But I will say we need to quieten the music down before the game and at half time, doesn't encourage singing or even talking and then tricky to immediately get into.voice. Really don't see the point. Allow kids to have those rattler things. Also we need more songs, most of ours are kinda short so they tail off quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          Think there's zero chance of the "family area" being moved judging by Lee Hoos' comments at the fans forum.

Anybody on here want to move their season ticket seat so it frees up some space for it?

If so, can you please ask everybody around you to sign a petition on Tuesday night. See, sorted.
                          As a guy with kids I wouldn't mind if the family area was switched to ellerslie but would everyone who sits there then want to sit behind the goal. I don't think so.

Comment

Everyone talks about moving the familys to ellerslie road why not use the paddocks for the kids. It's close for Jude to mix with the kids and feels big enough seatwise.

Comment

the players have their part to play as well , . said it before took us approx 5 hours to get up to hull city ( we lost barton got red card ) , rob green gave us a half hearted hand clap from half way line the other 9 players walked off none of them looked at us ,or clapped us , it's a two way street i want to know that i mean something to them as well . adopt what the teams do in germany would be a start . if we thought they cared i'm sure the passion would roll over into home games , good thread op

Comment

I've sat in the family stand a few times and I've always thought it would make more sense to move it to the paddocks. Kids can see the players and see Jude etc. Also maybe getting a local band or singer in to perform at half time, good exposure for them and a bit of good music would get the crowd going.But ultimately a good atmosphere HAS to be created by playing attacking, positive football. Nothing else really matters, if the football is entertaining and we see players chasing and making effort, then everything else is irrelevant. Just look at how many people think of Jamie Mackie, simply because he runs and chases and puts effort in, we as QPR fans seem to respond well to players like that and Imo that is all we really need to see is a bit of effort

Comment

Working...
                                X