X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start winning

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      Try to be more positive at home and have a go, & not have two holding midfielders or atleast two attackers upfront trying to build a partnership might help!
      Agreed

Comment

More attacking football would certainly raise the excitement levels, and of course moving that family stand to the Elleslie sould have an effect.

There's not much you can do about it, but there's way too many old moaners at the ground who do nothing for atmosphere - they seem to come to the ground just to moan.
        I'm in the upper loft, and I'd say the vast majority of people in the upper loft are men between 50-70 years-old. They sit in silence for most of the game, only opening their mouths to moan, even when Rs are winning.

I know you get moaners at all grounds, but it's starting to drive me nuts. At the start of the game on Saturday they were all talking about how they hoped Jimmy will get the sack soon - at this point we were in the play-off places! I have many issues with Jimmy's side at the moment myself, but this is madness. The main problem is it spreads like a plague, one starts moaning, they all start moaning.

After Chery scored the free-kick I made a point of looking around me and quite a number of these older men were not even clapping the goal, let alone cheering!

There are some young kids around me, they do try to cheer and join in with the singing, but you can see them completely isolated and they soon lose their enthusiasm. I try to join in with chants myself, but I find I'm a lone voice and it becomes ridiculous. I'm seriously thinking about changing my seat next season, but I suspect I'd be stuck in the middle of moaners wherever I go.

Comment

Originally posted by blueandwright View Post
          Genuinely think all we need is a bit of attacking intent and the place will be rocking. It is hard for fans who have put up with utter sh!te for years now to get excited and create an atmosphere without any inspiration on the pitch.
          This and what Pinkie said.
          Until that happens the atmosphere will not improve and attendances will drop.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            Score some goals from open play. Try to push forward at speed. Use the flanks and cross from the byline. Carry the ball. Stop endlessly passing backward and sideways. Take proper corners. Play a pressing game, dare I say.
            Agreed.
            If the football is dull, how can anyone expect the fans to be excited?

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              Score some goals from open play. Try to push forward at speed. Use the flanks and cross from the byline. Carry the ball. Stop endlessly passing backward and sideways. Take proper corners. Play a pressing game, dare I say.
              Agreed.
              If the football is dull, how can anyone expect the fans to be excited? You cant cheer and sing when yawning.

Comment

Get fans to accept lower expectations than being top of the league, God help struggling clubs!

Comment

A world class free kick doesnt help much either by the looks of it on here..

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy View Post
                    Get fans to accept lower expectations than being top of the league, God help struggling clubs!
                    I'm not sure that this really applies....... Football can be really exciting at most levels - but if there's no real impetus in the team, tippy tappy back passes and then a long hoofball, there is nothing really to try and get behind. I don't think that the crowd urging a team on is guaranteed to bring attractive/ exciting football, if the manager is setting a team up with two holding mid and a lone striker, then inevitably the play will be subdued, and so will the crowd too.

Comment

Originally posted by qprdad View Post
                      I'm not sure that this really applies....... Football can be really exciting at most levels - but if there's no real impetus in the team, tippy tappy back passes and then a long hoofball, there is nothing really to try and get behind. I don't think that the crowd urging a team on is guaranteed to bring attractive/ exciting football, if the manager is setting a team up with two holding mid and a lone striker, then inevitably the play will be subdued, and so will the crowd too.
                      This exactly, things will turn even worse if we have a bad spell playing like this results wise, then it could be hard to pick any momentum, up after!
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Here is an article from Huddersfield about next Saturday's game. Be interesting to see what this does to the atmosphere.

Read more at http://www.htafc.com/news/article/20...s-3286666.aspx

Comment

Get a couple of "Adels" that would rock the house !!

Comment

A Hooters pre match and half time dance off?
                            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                            Work Best When Open...
                            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by rkingy78 View Post
                              Start winning
                              I don't think it's even that. Just start playing like they want to win. It's so boring recently. I've been a season ticket holder for around 7 years (I'm 26) and it's a struggle to get excited for games because the football is so dreary, if we just had a go at teams you know you'd be in for some excitement. I can't be bothered to go on Tuesday and I know I won't miss much.

Comment

Originally posted by tetters View Post
                                I can't be bothered to go on Tuesday and I know I won't miss much.
                                That's exactly when you will!

Comment

Working...
                                X