Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After watching abit of football on tv yesterday....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3London View Post
    not the modern game at all - been going on for decades - Ray wilkins was known as the crab playing for Man utd - Hansen and lawenson Made a career out of passing the ball to each other...the great italian teams of the 70's were bread on it...nostalgia is a wonderful thing
    Thing is yes ray did it, but in that team we had Bardsley and Wilson bombing down the wings, sinton putting in some great crosses, what we're talking about is we have about 8 players doing it
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      Unfortunately, too many teams and managers think it's clever to go out with the attitude of trying to avoid conceding and losing first and foremost. And as you would expect, this inevitably leads to negative and boring football. Been happening for a while now and we are expert at not providing entertainment.

In addition, the general standard of footballer, certainly in this division is apalling. I find it hard to believe that blokes that train every day are incapable of accurate passing and the amount of players that cannot get shots on target from in and around the penalty area never ceases to amaze me.

Always look forward to a matchday. Unfortunately, the worst part of them is almost always the hour and a half having to watch such awful football. Not sure how much longer I can hack it to be honest. Shepherds Bush is a bit of a trek for a few beers.
      100% agree with this, it seems more about athletes now than talent, amazes me how seeing comments like we dont have a player in midfield to find a pass,thread it through etc, criky is this what professional footballs come down to now every pro should be able to do most of these things, another thing that does me is how many cant kick with both feet, i find that unreal as i was a natural left footer and had my uncle training me on my right as was all left foot, ended up being stronger on my right But does make you wonder if football will start losing its appeal as everyone goes with the same boring dont want to concede tactics, what next shove 6 in goal with the goalie!
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
        Too much money involved to have a go. Been drummed into teams nower days not to waste.

Its a shame as football should be about expressing yourselves tbh, was brought up on that, its certainly not the same game now to watch!
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

its safety first nowadays , players need to take a risk and be able to mix up the play . we have the master of the back pass in our team mr karl henry . we need to get the ball forward quickly and attack at pace , not pass sideways so teams can get back into their shape . we play like we're 2 nil up nowadays , its boring watching the back 4 and henry pass to eachother then watch smithies lump it .

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            its safety first nowadays , players need to take a risk and be able to mix up the play . we have the master of the back pass in our team mr karl henry . we need to get the ball forward quickly and attack at pace , not pass sideways so teams can get back into their shape . we play like we're 2 nil up nowadays , its boring watching the back 4 and henry pass to eachother then watch smithies lump it .
            As much as I don't think Henry should start over the other 3 we've got, Saying that he's the master of the back pass is a bit harsh. 4 of our 6 games this season, he's played fewer passes back than his midfield partner. The other two games he only played one more backwards than the partner. He certainly isn't someone to play it regularly into the final third, but he doesn't play it backwards as much as people think.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              As much as I don't think Henry should start over the other 3 we've got, Saying that he's the master of the back pass is a bit harsh. 4 of our 6 games this season, he's played fewer passes back than his midfield partner. The other two games he only played one more backwards than the partner. He certainly isn't someone to play it regularly into the final third, but he doesn't play it backwards as much as people think.
              come off it nas

Comment

come off it nas
                Those are just facts mate. I'm not putting opinions on that post. The facts are that he might play sideways, or into the middle of the field, but he plays it far less backwards than people think he does.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

come off it nas
                  You don't like Henry that's why you view him playing backwards when he don't. Did you fail to see the 60yard diagonal he played on Saturday. He's not everyone's cup of tea and I would drop him for Sandro but he's better player then so many are prepared to give him credit. Arguably one of the most consistent players last two seasons

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    You don't like Henry that's why you view him playing backwards when he don't. Did you fail to see the 60yard diagonal he played on Saturday. He's not everyone's cup of tea and I would drop him for Sandro but he's better player then so many are prepared to give him credit. Arguably one of the most consistent players last two seasons
                    That pass was phenomenal btw and really silenced a few when he made it.

Comment

Working...
                    X