No announcement yet.

Team v Geordies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever happens, just don't be surprised if Newcastle are even more boring than us. 21 teams have had more shots than them, including us.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Whatever happens, just don't be surprised if Newcastle are even more boring than us. 21 teams have had more shots than them, including us.
      id go 5 3 2 and hit them on the break but i dont think its in our repetoire to play this way and jfh
      would not like this

Comment

Geordie in peace here.

Your man nasser is right. This Newcastle side isn't cavalier, it is much more similar to Hughton's Newcastle. Well drilled, with foundations built on a strong defence, and aiming to be ruthless from set pieces and up front. That's how we've been playing under Rafa.

So far.

Mind you we've just signed Yedlin, Lazaar and Atsu (the latter on loan) and the three of them are lightning quick. Like Bellamy at his peak quick. Given your propensity to play a high line and control the ball in the opposition half we may surrender possession and aim to strike on the break.

I'm not as confident of getting the three points as your poll suggests a lot of you are, I'd be very happy with a point away at a tough tight ground.

I wouldn't expect many goals, if there are 2 it'll be because it ends 1-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
          id go 5 3 2 and hit them on the break but i dont think its in our repetoire to play this way and jfh
          would not like this
          Blimey he must have read my post

Comment

Originally posted by The Fish View Post
            Geordie in peace here.

Your man nasser is right. This Newcastle side isn't cavalier, it is much more similar to Hughton's Newcastle. Well drilled, with foundations built on a strong defence, and aiming to be ruthless from set pieces and up front. That's how we've been playing under Rafa.

So far.

Mind you we've just signed Yedlin, Lazaar and Atsu (the latter on loan) and the three of them are lightning quick. Like Bellamy at his peak quick. Given your propensity to play a high line and control the ball in the opposition half we may surrender possession and aim to strike on the break.

I'm not as confident of getting the three points as your poll suggests a lot of you are, I'd be very happy with a point away at a tough tight ground.

I wouldn't expect many goals, if there are 2 it'll be because it ends 1-1.
            Welcome Fish. You played well and are by far the best team we've played this season. Doubt you'll have an easier game all season though as we were simply abominable on the night. Take nothing away from your excellent performance and away support though.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              Welcome Fish. You played well and are by far the best team we've played this season. Doubt you'll have an easier game all season though as we were simply abominable on the night. Take nothing away from your excellent performance and away support though.
              Cheers,

Shows what I know about score predictions.

That was Shelvey and Perez's best games for us thus far and when the former is on song we're a far far better outfit.

Good luck for the season

Comment

Working...
              X