No announcement yet.

Chery discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Him and Shodipo need to build their game togther, plus at times would like to see Chery looking to get the ball slightly deeper, off today it would have been Cousins. So Cousins can run beyond and get the ball back. Chery can be a bit static and that I think may be the thing that stops his game moving to the next level.

Comment

he's got to want the ball more , must be hard though in a team that is intent in passing the ball backwards and sideways , with henry the biggest culprit why can't we take the odd risk and get the ball forward quickly and attack before the opposition get their shape back

Comment

Today I thought he was MOTM for us. Kept running non stop, going deep to try and win the ball, had some phenomenal touches. Especially with how deep our midfield pair plays, he's so vital and he's done a really good job of it this season. Winning the ball and getting around, being a nuisance all over. Really enjoying watching him grow and develop a relationship with the players around him.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Today I thought he was MOTM for us. Kept running non stop, going deep to try and win the ball, had some phenomenal touches. Especially with how deep our midfield pair plays, he's so vital and he's done a really good job of it this season. Winning the ball and getting around, being a nuisance all over. Really enjoying watching him grow and develop a relationship with the players around him.
          Well sais mate. Not sure calling out our best player and source of about 80% of all our goals (scored or assisted) is such a great move.

The team need to do more around him. Maybe the introduction of Sandro and the two Polish Internationals with Luongo back will help.

Comment

Chery will be our top scorer this season IMO
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Westy, Not convinced at all and yes the free kick was top drawer but against Preston when we were in the #### he went missing and just think more should happen through him in the final 3rd. Tricks and flicks are good photo material but his role is to create goals not photos.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                Well sais mate. Not sure calling out our best player and source of about 80% of all our goals (scored or assisted) is such a great move.

The team need to do more around him. Maybe the introduction of Sandro and the two Polish Internationals with Luongo back will help.
                Not sure saying you expect more from a player who clearly has more ability then he is showing is calling out!!!!

Suppose point I was making is if he's going to be the main man in the team should we expect more?? Clearly the a fair few think not which is fair enough. I hope behind the scenes though Jimmy etc are demanding more from him and others

Comment

If he is our "number 10" then he should deliver more and do not think it is unfair to expect that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                    If he is our "number 10" then he should deliver more and do not think it is unfair to expect that.
                    That's my view 73 but we appear to be in a lonely corner holding that view

Comment

Will stand by it as penalties and a free kick aside how creative has he been? No goals from open play this season says it all.

Comment

A few good touches here and there and was a great strike yesterday,knows how to take a pen too. But tbh I expect to see quite a bit more from a number 10,never really seems to create much for me. This is probably down to other midfielders being to deep and not enough quality out wide. Hopefully when the players we are missing are back then think we will see a different chery.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post

Brakes I don't know where your coming from calling him out , the way I've read this most seem to think he would be better with better service we all seem to agree we need to get crosses in for Polter likewise Chery needs more through balls and chip overs the defenders in other words the m/fielders need to push him forward but untill that happens there will always be the feeling he's not doing enough because he's not ! maybe not his fault or maybe he just plays in fits and starts the only to find out is to get the m/field right

Comment

People who watched yesterday, you'll recall Nasser's big chance where he was played through one on one only to hit it into the keepers legs. That chipped through ball was supplied by chery. You have a better finisher there and Chery gets an assist. As a Number ten, he creates, but he needs people around him to finish the job.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Shelvy now that's how you play the attacking midfielder role. Always involved, played forward with pace found space and drove into it

Not like our p iss poor effort of a number 10 who is S hite

Comment

Hardly the game to push your point hen we've just been done 6 zip mate. Every player was a disgrace by the sound of it.

Always been a fan of Shelvey. Proper grafter and got a mean shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X