Chery discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chery discussion

Yes he scored today and it was great free kick but every game that passes I'm thinking he's a massive luxury player who does not deliver enough given his focal point in the team. I don't think he's does anything (pens aside) exceptionally well.

He don't really beat a player, no tricks and in my opinion not great passer or crosser of the ball.

He's no Adel and if we could get someone like Ravel back I would have him in front of Chery in a blink of an eye

Currently it feels like he's coasting and given how he's the focal point he's not doing enough for me and needs to up his game considerably

Am I being to harsh and my expectations to high

No mate your not being harsh. Brilliant goal but guck all else today. There was one moment in the second half that summed it up. Received a beautiful diagonal ball, controlled it well and then just blasted a lazy shot/cross/not quite sure accross goal. Doesn't look that interested to be fair, we desperately need a leader and a talker in the middle of the park. 2 minutes to go with the game to win and we are pissing around with it playing suicide passes across the back line. There was no drive or desire to win that game

Comment

I recall that attack was not a shot or cross as you said just lazy effort

Frustrating as games like today are just crying out for someone to take game by scruff of neck and say I'm going to control it. I'm really not convinced by him and I would be tempted to move him out wide

Comment

Said this for a while now and the free kick like the penalties before smokescreen the bigger picture. Luxury players tend to be a bit on the lazy side but can dominate and influence a game at a drop of a hat.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Yes he scored today and it was great free kick but every game that passes I'm thinking he's a massive luxury player who does not deliver enough given his focal point in the team. I don't think he's does anything (pens aside) exceptionally well.

He don't really beat a player, no tricks and in my opinion not great passer or crosser of the ball.

He's no Adel and if we could get someone like Ravel back I would have him in front of Chery in a blink of an eye

Currently it feels like he's coasting and given how he's the focal point he's not doing enough for me and needs to up his game considerably

Am I being to harsh and my expectations to high
          No and yes , to me he still looks like he's going to be a good player but not yet settled in

Comment

Westy I have made this point a few weeks ago and will stand by my opinion. Just do not get how he won player of the month.

Comment

Are you actually serious?

Not a good post from you mate. He's our only outlet for goals and set pieces in an extremely defensive, boring side.

Poor from you on his one I feel.

Comment

You not convinced 73??

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                  Are you actually serious?

Not a good post from you mate. He's our only outlet for goals and set pieces in an extremely defensive, boring side.

Poor from you on his one I feel.
                  He might be the only out let Jimmy but is he good enough for the pivotal role he is playing. Is he giving/offering enough

Today was not entertaining your spot on but he never done anything to entertain

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    He might be the only out let Jimmy but is he good enough for the pivotal role he is playing. Is he giving/offering enough

Today was not entertaining your spot on but he never done anything to entertain
                    Only as good as the players around you mate. Hardly blessed with blistering runs into the box, or players waiting for a threaded pass. We're just.... Boring

Comment

Only as good as the players around you mate. Hardly blessed with blistering runs into the box, or players waiting for a threaded pass. We're just.... Boring
                      Very hard to disagree

Comment

Thought Chery was outstanding.

Comment

Can't agree with that as you making excuses mate. Yes can see point about movement take that on board but first and second half he had chances to create and never. If he's going to be centre point he needs to offer more then he is on and off the ball. Can you honestly say he gets you off your seat and entertains you??

Comment

The chance Second half he had Washington in box from memory but done what I don't know if you would describe it as shot or cross and put it out for goal kick

Don't get me wrong think the potential is there it he way short of what is expected and seems to get away with it

Comment

I just don't think he's kept busy enough needs regular service

Comment

Working...
                              X