No announcement yet.

You must be joking Jimmy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty rubbish from where I was sitting, Washington, rubbish, El Kay rubbish.
    The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese....

Comment

Insanity.

Doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results. JFH springs to mind.

Comment

this is the most depressing thread ever...if you were asked at the end of last season that we would be 3 points of 2nd place with a couple of good away wins progressed to the third round of a cup competition in ages most of you would have taken that....but it feels like many on here want to knock the club for the sake it...we are scoring goals but they aren't from open play we have conceded the least shots on target by any team in the division but we have a crap defence...we are giving youth a chance and buying exciting prospects but they must be championship ready...we are only in the top half because we have played teams at the bottom.
        Last edited by 3London; 11-09-2016, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
          this is the most depressing thread ever...if you were asked at the end of last season that we would be 3 points of 2nd place with a couple of good away wins progressed to the third round of a cup competition in ages most of you would have taken that....but it feels like many on here want to knock the club for the sake it...we are scoring goals but they aren't form open play we have conceded the least shots on target by any team in the division burt we have a crap defence...we are giving youth and buying exciting prospects but they must be championship ready...we are only in the top half because we have played teams at the bottom.
          Word.

Comment

Play with 1 upfront at home to bottom of the league we deserve all we get. Don't rate JFh at all. It is what it is jimmy says. And I have to agree. Absolute crap. No wonder the fans have stopped going.

Comment

This issue people have with 1 up front is nonsense. Playing 2 up front doesn't mean you'll get more chances, it just means that if you've got two strikers who don't score, you'll score less. You'll actually be defending more and playing more hoofing long balls with a 2 up front because you no longer have a creative hook, but a target man instead.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                This issue people have with 1 up front is nonsense. Playing 2 up front doesn't mean you'll get more chances, it just means that if you've got two strikers who don't score, you'll score less. You'll actually be defending more and playing more hoofing long balls with a 2 up front because you no longer have a creative hook, but a target man instead.
                What utter nonsense. How can 2 strikers who don't score, score less?

Comment

I actually agree with Nas. Playing 2 strikers does not necessarily mean more goals and chances. If we're attacking enough and we play to win rather than play not to lose, then I think 1 striker can work.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    Thing is Nas, we haven't been creating much at all. Played 3 dreadful teams at home, W1 D1 L1, not good enough.

For me, it's not so much the results as the style of football (or rather lack of) and almost no entertainment whatsoever.

As others have said, our crowds will continue to dwindle all the while our general standard is of such poor quality.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                      I actually agree with Nas. Playing 2 strikers does not necessarily mean more goals and chances. If we're attacking enough and we play to win rather than play not to lose, then I think 1 striker can work.
                      1 striker can work with quality players which we don't have.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                        1 striker can work with quality players which we don't have.
                        Ok so you and others are saying the issue we have is that we don't create enough... and your solution to us not creating enough is to get rid of the creative link role between midfield and attack and get two players who finish the job... but what do they have to finish? Unless you're willing to commit to an even higher amount of hoofing it up with hope, we will not create more chances up front with a 2 up top setup.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Steve Bruce

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong stato but didn't Leicester win the prem with 2 up front? And there's not a person on this planet who could argue that they weren't a damn sight more entertaining than the dross we've are served up.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                              many on here want to knock the club for the sake it....
                              Aptly named op?

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                                Correct me if I'm wrong stato but didn't Leicester win the prem with 2 up front? And there's not a person on this planet who could argue that they weren't a damn sight more entertaining than the dross we've are served up.
                                Leicester won the prem by having the best winger in the league and playing 12 players legally every game. How? Kante. Any team with Kante in it has a huge advantage, just like any team that had Makelele in it had a huge advantage back in the day.

And no, not Sandro, nor Ariel, nor Cousins can do what Kante did. That man does the job of two players and is ridiculously technically proficient for his style of play.

Comment

Working...
                                X