Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no he sits in ER i went with a mate

Comment

Oh nice one. Thought you nabbed a ticket each.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Oh nice one. Thought you nabbed a ticket each.
        my mate is a carer so doesn't reallly get to go often so took him

Comment

Class.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
            I do find it a bit worrying that we don't seem to have that many youngsters at games. These are the future and for whatever reason we struggle to attract younger fans. Hoos mentioned on fans forum that age of season ticket holders was a worry.

Increasing kids for a quid games may have an impact but for me, I actually think current football may put them off! I think we need a maverick or a player that youngsters want to go and see. And no I don't mean bring adel back. However, to me qpr has always been associated with Mavericks....Stan Bowles is the one that most older fans look back on with pride and admiration. Who do the youngsters have now? I'm all for a hard working team and getting in right individuals but I think there's room for 1 maverick.
            People bang on about rebuilding and consolidation etc. but I do wonder who we're building for.

I am only 24 yrs old. after spending 2 years at Korean army.

Comment

I've got 3 young daughters and was gonna take them yesterday. But realising it would cost me about £150 to watch us pumping the ball to 1 bloke upfront I decided against it. The Footballs been a joke at loftus rd under jfh we don't even give it a go anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                I took 3 of em to MK Dons away last season, all hungover as #### too. They vowed to never come to a QPR game ever again
                I wouldnt offer an away day with my mates. I think an away day should be about out singing the home fans, standing and having a few beers.

But we dont sing and we dont stand so I wouldnt want to put a non QPR supporting fan through it, and have them mock us for our support.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                  A combination of crap football, high ticket prices and a poor ground has put a lot of casual fans off. I know many dont like the casuals but unless you're born into a Rangers family, everyone starts off as a casual at first.

I got taken at 7 years old by my mate and his Dad, tbh I followed Man U more at the time. It was a midweek Prem game under the lights vs Liverpool. We lost but the atmosphere and excitement stuck with me. Loftus Road seemed amazing to me.

I was sitting in the lower school end last year and I saw a couple of kids, looking miserable as hell, with water sporadically dripping on them from one of the cracks above.

When I was old enough to go with my mates, I think it was about £8 for a junior ticket. This was late 90's/early 2000's era
                  exactly the same for me. a nothing draw in the end, but monday night under the lights. I was a casual before as well.
                  Rangers Til I Die
                  follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                    If they watched todays game, would they want to come back?
                    Yes, if they are as blinkered as JFH seems to be.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                      Second half was reasonably entertaining. Can't really agree with the booing at the end. Pathetic overreaction really.
                      Yes, i mean drawing at home against the bottom side with just 1 point from 6 matches, having lost the previous home match against the then bottom team, what more do those fans want.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                        I think while teams carry on playing one man up front supporters will vote with their feet. Did you see Watford attack in numbers yesterday? Not rocket science Jimmy
                        nb not just Rangers fans getting fed up with the style of football either
                        Agree about Watford and also other clubs fans getting peeved off with the 1 up front football, my Arsenal fan brothers don't like it either.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                          Yes, i mean drawing at home against the bottom side with just 1 point from 6 matches, having lost the previous home match against the then bottom team, what more do those fans want.
                          Stan like you and many we were extremely disappointed. I never boo players and I can understand Croydon trying to back the jfh regime. We do need him to be a success, and we have no choice but to back him. At least he is hungry unlike redchap. Croydon is wrong about seeing a draw as acceptable but he is going to stay loyal and I hope others do too. I just won't be putting anymore of my money down to see it
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                            I took my 5 year old boy yesterday. It was his second game, the first being Bristol city last game last season.
                            He's a bit too young to get it regarding the actual football but as is the way these days, most of the kids in his class "like" Chelsea, or one of the north London clubs, so I thought I should get him down to HQ and indoctrinate him before it was too late.
                            We sat in P block upper loft near where the 'noise' is, hoping that he'd get the same feeling I got as a kid when I first saw thousands of grown men singing and shouting. Unfortunately, due to the absolutely dire football on offer, apart from the first 15 mins when the atmosphere was ok, all he heard was men (and women) complaining about how sh!te it all was.
                            I decided to leave at half time as I really couldn't see the point of putting him through the second half and making his overriding memory even worse. We obviously missed both goals and it sounds like the second half performance in general was better.
                            I'm more of a happy clapper and I know we are a work in progress and are actually picking up points, but, when you play the way we did in the first half, constantly passing the ball across the back four, not even looking like we wanted to take the game to them, it was painful. Whenever Blackburn had a set piece which we needed to defend in the the box, everybody came back so that when we gained possession, there was no outlet. Smithies would roll it out to a defender and the whole sideways passing game started again.Someone said on another thread before the match that given Blackburn are a team seemingly devoid of confidence, we needed to take the game to them from the off and not allow them to settle into any sort of gameplan. We looked like our plan was to do the exact opposite.
                            Like I say, I'm a glass half full man and remember the bad times we've had.
                            I can honestly say though, the atmosphere was better and it even feels like the football was better ( although in reality it might not have been ) when we were in league one.
                            Jimmy is obviously so terrified of losing that that's the way he sets his teams up. This is exactly what Burton fans said to us when he left them.
                            Nobody likes to lose but come on, whatever happened to a little bit of good old fashioned entertainment.
                            Very well put.
                            As for the every one behind the ball tactic, i agree an outlet is needed unless there are a number of players in the side capable of breaking fast.. Unfortunately, QPR don't and this is one of the reasons for the borefest that is offered almost every match.

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                              Make you about right with his age mate. I'll just have to keep him on the straight and narrow until then and make sure his mind isn't corrupted by some of his schoolmates.
                              A first world problem but the thought of him turning to the dark side and supporting Chelsea sends a shiver down my spine.
                              Still, one of the boys in the year above him has now developed "gender issues" His name is Sam but at weekends he dresses up as a girl and wants to be known as Samantha. Not even seven years old for Christs sake, what is the world coming too.
                              I've not got kids yet, but mate that doesnt sound like a 1st world problem. Sounds worse than if 1 of my kids joined ISIS!!
                              Rangers Til I Die
                              follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                                Stan like you and many we were extremely disappointed. I never boo players and I can understand Croydon trying to back the jfh regime. We do need him to be a success, and we have no choice but to back him. At least he is hungry unlike redchap. Croydon is wrong about seeing a draw as acceptable but he is going to stay loyal and I hope others do too. I just won't be putting anymore of my money down to see it
                                i agree tgat he is hungrier and more into the job than redcrap ever was. I also agree that we need a manager to stick around, but we need to see better perfornances and results otherwise more fans we also withdraw from attending matches. Once they are gone, it will be harder to get them back, with or without a new stadium.

Comment

Working...
                                X