Young fans and Mavericks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young fans and Mavericks

I do find it a bit worrying that we don't seem to have that many youngsters at games. These are the future and for whatever reason we struggle to attract younger fans. Hoos mentioned on fans forum that age of season ticket holders was a worry.

Increasing kids for a quid games may have an impact but for me, I actually think current football may put them off! I think we need a maverick or a player that youngsters want to go and see. And no I don't mean bring adel back. However, to me qpr has always been associated with Mavericks....Stan Bowles is the one that most older fans look back on with pride and admiration. Who do the youngsters have now? I'm all for a hard working team and getting in right individuals but I think there's room for 1 maverick.
    People bang on about rebuilding and consolidation etc. but I do wonder who we're building for.

If they watched todays game, would they want to come back?

Comment

I'm 25 and I've been trying to get my mates to come with me for years but every time they do come they never want to come again. Brought 2 of my pals to the Preston game they couldn't believe how bad the game and atmosphere was.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
        I'm 25 and I've been trying to get my mates to come with me for years but every time they do come they never want to come again. Brought 2 of my pals to the Preston game they couldn't believe how bad the game and atmosphere was.
        Mine's quite the opposite experience. Every time I bring people over for the match, we tend to get lucky and have a good game. People talk about this being one of the few stadiums where there's this unique build up to every goal. The fans are quiet for so much of the game and the atmosphere is so tense but once we get a goal, the pay off is immense.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Somethings missing that's for sure. Football wasn't great in league 1 but atmosphere was great.

Comment

Second half was reasonably entertaining. Can't really agree with the booing at the end. Pathetic overreaction really.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
              Second half was reasonably entertaining. Can't really agree with the booing at the end. Pathetic overreaction really.
              Absolutely, I mean, it's not great to draw at home to anyone let alone Blackburn, but we weren't actually bad out there, we just haven't hit the same gears we did on opening day.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I'm 25 too and go with a few pals of the same age . We all curse the fact we support Rangers so have no chance of getting any neutrals on board
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  I'm 25 too and go with a few pals of the same age . We all curse the fact we support Rangers so have no chance of getting any neutrals on board
                  I took 3 of em to MK Dons away last season, all hungover as #### too. They vowed to never come to a QPR game ever again

Comment

I took 3 of em to MK Dons away last season, all hungover as #### too. They vowed to never come to a QPR game ever again
                    Tbf i nearly made the same vow after that game
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Got loads of spurs mates that have been to a few QPR games and hated it, even paid for them the 2nd time. Gave up for a while and felt I missed it. Went today and can't see myself going to many more as although it wasn't the worst, Blackburn showed why they're struggling and we let them off. Sandro needs to come back in but I have always thought mid table and unlike most I wasn't confident about today. If we got a new stadium these players wouldn't fill 60% of it in all truth
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        Got loads of spurs mates that have been to a few QPR games and hated it, even paid for them the 2nd time. Gave up for a while and felt I missed it. Went today and can't see myself going to many more as although it wasn't the worst, Blackburn showed why they're struggling and we let them off. Sandro needs to come back in but I have always thought mid table and unlike most I wasn't confident about today. If we got a new stadium these players wouldn't fill 60% of it in all truth
                        Great support eh?
                        When the going gets tough and all that.

Comment

was watching the utd v city game with my youngest earliar he's QPR mad and i know its not easy for him as he lives out of london and he doesn't know any other QPR fans in his area , at the end of the game the city players go over to their fans , clenched fists to celebrate , my boy sayes to me i've never seen our players do that with us at away games and he's been up and down the country following us ...there is a massive divide between players and supporters at our club , at least the club don't insult us with that " we're in it together " anymore

Comment

It's difficult when in a large city with many other teams to choose from. Youngsters follow the crowd (their mates), the pl sides will always attract support. There were plenty of youngsters watching us in the pl because the attraction was probably the opposition. The club needs to be very active in and around the area, school's, club's and hospitals are the best places. I know we do it, we just need to do it more IMO.
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

You're bringing them to the wrong games, stop picking the easy ones!

Comment

Working...
                              X