Said it all along...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    This is something I really noticed today, I'm gonna make a write up for the performance tomorrow, but straight out of the gates, Cousins was basically a third centre back for 90% of the game. I was telling the guy next to me that we should play him and Luongo both to let them both run up and down but what seems more likely is that Ariel will play alongside one of them and hopefully free them up a little.
    Cousins is a midfield who should bomb forward. We shouldn't have signed him if we want him to sit deep and just break up play

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
      Cousins is a midfield who should bomb forward. We shouldn't have signed him if we want him to sit deep and just break up play
      Again, I agree one hundred percent... My theory (and most of this will go in my write up tomorrow) is that we're waiting for Ariel to get fit. He's faster than KH so the players will trust him more if they want to bomb forward. For today's game, the only real option alongside Cousins was Henry and there's no chance he'll make it to tuesday. So I believe that with Henry playing, we have to be deeper just because he's not fast enough.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Jimmy always plays the midfield two too deep. Especially at home. Kelvin so can't play anything other than deep, he ought dig coal for a living. No goals from the midfield two in Jimmy's team, ever, whoever they are... Yes I know Kelvin scored one belter, but we need ten goals consistently from the middle two in a season...... And a striker who can occasionally undo a defence by running onto a through ball played by those middle two, which we've lacked for years (the through ball and the striker).
        Totally agree with this plus the fact that one of them is Henry. 4-2-3-1 can work for us but when the 2 in midfield hold hands with the centre halves for then we are going to isolate Chery and Polter. When Henry ran forward in the second half and realise that had gone over the half way line, turned back and fell over was hilarious.
        We need to have Cousins and Luongo in these two positions to link with Chery. JFH also needs to give them a bit more freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Again, I agree one hundred percent... My theory (and most of this will go in my write up tomorrow) is that we're waiting for Ariel to get fit. He's faster than KH so the players will trust him more if they want to bomb forward. For today's game, the only real option alongside Cousins was Henry and there's no chance he'll make it to tuesday. So I believe that with Henry playing, we have to be deeper just because he's not fast enough.
          I hope you're right mate

Comment

they new Henry was not fast enough from last season so why keep him and keep playing him

Comment

JFH must go. Absolutely useless!

Comment

Originally posted by marstonhoop View Post
                JFH must go. Absolutely useless!
                Can we wait till we drop out the play off places before we sack him though please.

Comment

10 points ain't a bad return so far....albeit we have only played teams at the bottom of the table but the football we serve up is turgid. Can count on one hand a game we have actually played attacking football and been entertained under jfh.
                  Today would of been a great chance to try different formation,what with lack of wide options would of liked to have seen a 4-3-1-2 but shoukd know jfh only knows one tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Can we wait till we drop out the play off places before we sack him though please.
                    Have you checked the table,we aren't in the top 6,that said,sacking him at this stage would be ridiculous

Comment

so about 45 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                        Have you checked the table,we aren't in the top 6,that said,sacking him at this stage would be ridiculous
                        Was top six when i posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Was top six when i posted.

Seems your usual sarcasm backfired ��

Don't want to see him sacked, just want to see him set up more attacking. Playing a bottom of the table side, who've taken 1 point from 5 games in such a defensive manner is a disgrace and we got what we deserved a bore draw.

Comment

We must be more confident in our ability and not let the opposition dictate the pattern of the game.
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

No invention or creativity at all in this side and we are set up not to get beat rather than going to win games. Preston showed when we go behind to a organised team we are shafted as the team and manager have a plan b

Comment

Boring boring Rangers

Comment

Working...
                                X