Said it all along...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    We played 2 up top for a while in the second half and didn't look any better. We probably looked worse. What people don't realise is that without an attacking mid, we leave a huge gap between midfield and attack and we saw that at the end of today. Sorry, but for me, we'll score more goals with a 1 up top than we ever will with a 2 up top, unless we go 3 at the back and keep the attacking mid.
    Agree Nas. 1 upfront with attacking central mid who bombs forward with cherry behind and 2 good wingers should be more than enough.

Comment

Jimmy always plays the midfield two too deep. Especially at home. Kelvin so can't play anything other than deep, he ought dig coal for a living. No goals from the midfield two in Jimmy's team, ever, whoever they are... Yes I know Kelvin scored one belter, but we need ten goals consistently from the middle two in a season...... And a striker who can occasionally undo a defence by running onto a through ball played by those middle two, which we've lacked for years (the through ball and the striker).

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
        Agree Nas. 1 upfront with attacking central mid who bombs forward with cherry behind and 2 good wingers should be more than enough.
        As I say, who is that attacking CM? It's isn't Kelvin or Luongo. Cousins? Sandro? Can't be Ariel.

Comment

Nas when you don't talk stats you tend to make sense. Totally agree, we need 1 centre mid to be much more dynamic and unfortunately cousin and henry didn't show me this. Never seen cousin before but I was hoping he'd be that player but didn't see many signs of it today
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
            We need to beat Newcastle to get back on track.
            😂

Comment

But no one has chosen to or can't , personally I don't think collectively they don't know who and when someone should go forward which smacks of a lack of understanding in game time

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                Nas when you don't talk stats you tend to make sense. Totally agree, we need 1 centre mid to be much more dynamic and unfortunately cousin and henry didn't show me this. Never seen cousin before but I was hoping he'd be that player but didn't see many signs of it today
                for me just sends out a team not to lose which is very boring and negative just like last season.

In my view this is not good enough and very predictable to the opposition surely he can mix it
                up bit or is he not capable of this

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                  But no one has chosen to or can't , personally I don't think collectively they don't know who and when someone should go forward which smacks of a lack of understanding in game time
                  I would imagine manager has told them to sit. Doubt they've just decided to do it.

Comment

Sit at home to Blackburn surely not

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      Jimmy always plays the midfield two too deep. Especially at home. Kelvin so can't play anything other than deep, he ought dig coal for a living. No goals from the midfield two in Jimmy's team, ever, whoever they are... Yes I know Kelvin scored one belter, but we need ten goals consistently from the middle two in a season...... And a striker who can occasionally undo a defence by running onto a through ball played by those middle two, which we've lacked for years (the through ball and the striker).
                      This is something I really noticed today, I'm gonna make a write up for the performance tomorrow, but straight out of the gates, Cousins was basically a third centre back for 90% of the game. I was telling the guy next to me that we should play him and Luongo both to let them both run up and down but what seems more likely is that Ariel will play alongside one of them and hopefully free them up a little.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I'm convinced Jimmy's one and only tactic is don't get beat. Never seems to push the boat out and try and dominate the game going forward. He bangs on about his pressing game and its all well and good but you need to actually put the ball to use once you've won it back. Not seen every game this season but the ones I have we just seem so uninspired with the ball at our feet. One of the holding midfielders has got to be given a license to push on and support Chery or our link up play is going to be so disjointed all season.

Comment

I would imagine manager has told them to sit. Doubt they've just decided to do it.
                          That is exactly why we need someone to pull the strings when the game is in motion If we don't have that it looks like they arnt grasping what they being instructed to do

Comment

The exact words I said to my pal walking out the stadium were "without Chery we would be awful going forward".

Worrying. Bang on with the OP Jimmy.
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                              That is exactly why we need someone to pull the strings when the game is in motion If we don't have that it looks like they arnt grasping what they being instructed to do
                              For me, Luongo is this guy but he needs the right player next to him to just let him loose and attack more.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

needs to show some balls and go for it

Comment

Working...
                                X