Bendtner to Forrest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendtner to Forrest

Two year contract, apparently becoming one of their best paid players. http://www.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/a...tner-i-forest/

I know he will all of a sudden have a Taraabt style blinder of a season - just hope it will not be the next two years... that he continues to be the standard troublesome Taraabt kind of player he has been the last many years...

However, if they get him match fit and focused he will be an awesome player in the Championship....

Reminds me of Rod Stewart, plays like him too

Not a fan
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Was saying similar on the "Free Agents" thread.

Massive ego, never as good as he thinks he is and probably on way too much money for a club in the Championship. That said, if his head is anywhere near right, Bendtner should score goals for fun in this league!

Comment

And they've got Traore. Two legends in their own lunchbreaks.

Comment

Lumped big on Forest for Automatic after Traore joined, gonna lump on even more again today.
          Forest are doing all the right things, just wish we could be run like they are. Big club, big intentions, big players, big ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Lumped big on Forest for Automatic after Traore joined, gonna lump on even more again today.
            Forest are doing all the right things, just wish we could be run like they are. Big club, big intentions, big players, big ideas.

If we had signed Bendtner this place would have gone into meltdown. After all the problems in recent years signing this type of player, im surprised people actually wanted him. From now on, if you have to ask "if he fancies it......" the answer should be no we dont want him.

only player we have in our squad like that now imho is Sandro, of which to be fair to him, when given the chance he done the biz.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post

If we had signed Bendtner this place would have gone into meltdown. After all the problems in recent years signing this type of player, im surprised people actually wanted him. From now on, if you have to ask "if he fancies it......" the answer should be no we dont want him.

only player we have in our squad like that now imho is Sandro, of which to be fair to him, when given the chance he done the biz.
              Surely it depends on whether the manager feels he can work with the individual in question and get the best out of them? A lot on here forget that our current blue eyed boy, Tjaronn Chery spent the vast majority of his first 6 months with the club on the bench, having a sulk before Jimmy came and put an arm around him.

Comment

Parlour was taalking about him today on Talksport. He wore the 52 number cos he was on 52 grand a week, never cared if he played or not and so many other muggy things like the pants episode etc.
                Bad egg of the highest order.

On a serious note, how is Traore getting on there?

Comment

Parlour was taalking about him today on Talksport. He wore the 52 number cos he was on 52 grand a week, never cared if he played or not and so many other muggy things like the pants episode etc.
                  Bad egg of the highest order.

On a serious note, how is Traore getting on there?
                  That's bloody awful if true!

Comment

Cant see Parlour making that up. Sounded like he was being totally genuine.

Comment

Cant see Parlour making that up. Sounded like he was being totally genuine.
                      Just googled it and it appears that story has been doing the rounds since 2009 when he changed the number from 26 to 52. Bendtner has always denied that was the reason behind the change of numbers, instead saying it was "a number that is very special to him".

Bloke is a bit of a wrong'un, ain't he? To be fair though, I don't rate him as bad as Adel or Ravel Morrison for under achievement though. At least he has managed to carve out some kind of career for himself. Even if he is a bit of a twonk!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        Surely it depends on whether the manager feels he can work with the individual in question and get the best out of them? A lot on here forget that our current blue eyed boy, Tjaronn Chery spent the vast majority of his first 6 months with the club on the bench, having a sulk before Jimmy came and put an arm around him.
                        didnt see Chery sulking last year. Yea he was in and out, but always seemed to come on with a bit of energy and try something last year. Think thats harsh to say he was sulking.

Why should we have to pander to anyones needs and ego. 99% of footballers will give it their all regardless of the manager, so trying to avoid the 1%, shouldnt be too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                          didnt see Chery sulking last year. Yea he was in and out, but always seemed to come on with a bit of energy and try something last year. Think thats harsh to say he was sulking.

Why should we have to pander to anyones needs and ego. 99% of footballers will give it their all regardless of the manager, so trying to avoid the 1%, shouldnt be too hard.
                          You telling me that Mourinho isn't pandering to Ibrahimovic or Pogba's ego's? I bet he is cos they are 2 of the biggest egos in football.

I agree with the sentiments of what you are saying, and I certainly wouldn't want a situation going on like we had with Adel a few years back where his ego was causing problems in the dressing room. But you need to appreciate that these are young guys earning a lot of cash to play football. There are always going to be egos and managers these days need to know how to work with that!

Comment

Was saying similar on the "Free Agents" thread.

Massive ego, never as good as he thinks he is and probably on way too much money for a club in the Championship. That said, if his head is anywhere near right, Bendtner should score goals for fun in this league!
                            Why should he score goals fur fun - so far he has score 46 goals in 208 matches

Comment

You telling me that Mourinho isn't pandering to Ibrahimovic or Pogba's ego's? I bet he is cos they are 2 of the biggest egos in football.

I agree with the sentiments of what you are saying, and I certainly wouldn't want a situation going on like we had with Adel a few years back where his ego was causing problems in the dressing room. But you need to appreciate that these are young guys earning a lot of cash to play football. There are always going to be egos and managers these days need to know how to work with that!
                              On the Pitch they are 100% professional and Pogba is one of the hardest working players around. Anyway, bit of a difference trying to compare them to to Bendter. Fair enough i didnt watch much of him in Germany, but his record there is pretty poor. Apart from the fact he used to play at Arsenal, why do people actually want him? am i missing something in his career as to what he has actually achieved?

Comment

Working...
                              X