Kerry Dixon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerry Dixon

Just saw his story on ITV news. Why do so many footballers have these sort of problems and is there anything the football clubs can do to prevent this?

whats he done ?

Comment

Got smashed up all his life on the beer and bugle.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
        Just saw his story on ITV news. Why do so many footballers have these sort of problems and is there anything the football clubs can do to prevent this?
        I suppose essentially they are just ordinary blokes that revert to type.
        "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
        London Pride is a flower that's free.
        London Pride means our own dear town to us,
        And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by loneranger View Post
          I suppose essentially they are just ordinary blokes that revert to type.
          Exactly this. Used to having a lifestyle most can only dream of. After retiring and doing a bit of punditry (if lucky) not having to be up at 5/6am for work, doesn't make for a regimented lifestyle. Your wife start to realise (before you do) that you're no longer the mutts nutts and won't turn a blind eye to your little indiscretions any longer and decides to cash in while you've still got a few quid. The slippery slope begins (if you're not already on it). The craving for being what you once were means you'll hang around with people who will pretend to be your friend (by this time you'll be happy to let them do it) and will use and abuse you without blinking an eye.Unless you've got friends and family who are strong enough to tell you the truth before it's too late then you're going to need a big shovel.

Comment

unfortunately there is only a few vacancies in the game available when players hang up their boots. For many they just can't adjust to life when they finish
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

dixon just missed the big bucks i reckon , look at players today all property multi millionaires , jamie rednapp owns over 50 properties in barnes

Comment

Leave it out, most on this thread making out it is reasonable to turn to drugs/drink after retiring because it is hard to adjust. Do me a farking favour, they have lived a very prestigious life that many only dream of. cant blame football because you are an adult who cant control himself.

Surely even the dullest and most brain dead footballers have some sort of interest outside of football. you have pretty much every single option open to you as you'll have the finances. And if you dont have the finances, tough sh!t, go get a job like the rest of the world has to.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                  Leave it out, most on this thread making out it is reasonable to turn to drugs/drink after retiring because it is hard to adjust. Do me a farking favour, they have lived a very prestigious life that many only dream of. cant blame football because you are an adult who cant control himself.

Surely even the dullest and most brain dead footballers have some sort of interest outside of football. you have pretty much every single option open to you as you'll have the finances. And if you dont have the finances, tough sh!t, go get a job like the rest of the world has to.
                  ever thought of doing some Counselling Rambo?
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                    ever thought of doing some Counselling Rambo?
                    HaHa, not for me pal. These counselors up there with psychics and fortune tellers in my mind.

Comment

HaHa, not for me pal. These counselors up there with psychics and fortune tellers in my mind.
                      As someone who has been in therapy for the past 8-9 yeara consistently, I will agree with you in general. There are some.tevhniques out there that can help but in general specifically in the situation I am in therapist wise right now, I don't have much faith in them. Simply a place to.talk, most of the progress comes from having that chance.

Comment

If you ever feel the urge to work for the Samaritans i'd give it a miss mate, I'm not sure it would work out.
                        On another note, did you used to post on here under the name Tw, the similarities are uncanny sometimes..
                        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                        Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                          If you ever feel the urge to work for the Samaritans i'd give it a miss mate, I'm not sure it would work out.
                          On another note, did you used to post on here under the name Tw, the similarities are uncanny sometimes..
                          No mate. think he pre-dates me though. Used to view the website alot, but only started posting when Ramsey took over, hence the name.....that i slightly regret now

Comment

No mate. think he pre-dates me though. Used to view the website alot, but only started posting when Ramsey took over, hence the name.....that i slightly regret now
                            Never too late to re-invent yourself mate, Prince did.
                            "the poster formerly know as Ramsey is God" definitely has a ring to it.
                            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                            Will Danaher

Comment

My question was is there anything the clubs can do to prevent this? With more and more money in the game I can see this problem getting worse.

Comment

Working...
                              X