Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U23s Results & Table

The under 23's beat Crystal Palace 4- 1

Eze with a hat-trick. Maybe Chris Ramsey is better than we thought...

Originally posted by Southport View Post
    Maybe Chris Ramsey is better than we thought...
    Coaching the younger players, yes. Never in question IMO. Labeling him a 'PE teacher' was always lazy, ignorant and disrespectful.

Comment

All the results and table for U23s

http://uk.soccerway.com/national/eng...?ICID=SN_01_48

Comment

Can somebody explain how the U23s league works? What do you get if you win it?

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
          rules are the same 3=win 1=draw 0=lose, winners get a trophy

Comment

When we were getting spanked heavy last season it was the stick that so many were beating Les and Ramsey with using the old jobs for mates route don't know what there doing. some will need to come up with a new plan of attack

Comment

Pretty standard league same as last year just under 23 s instead of under 21s. Now the premier league one is much more interesting with two sets of tables with 12teams in each, promotion and playoffs occur, no relegation from.second tier though. Brighton are playing in the Premier league one.

Comment

So do teams in the standard league get promoted to the premier league?

Comment

Nice to see our youngsters doing well. Years ago we had a fantastic reserve set up. Always up the top of the combination league.

Comment

A good percentage of the current England side was coached by Chris Ramsay. He is one of the very best youth coaches in the country. He wanted to try the top job but was realistic enough to want the return to his former job, should he fail as first team coach, written into his contract before he agreed to take the managers job.

Comment

So do teams in the standard league get promoted to the premier league?
                      No you can't currently get promoted from the category 1-3 divisions which we are in , to.the two premier league divisions. I imagine it will change one day but I think we don't have a youth setup of a high enough standard. Currently in Category 2 so need to get to 1. They used to.be ranked by the amount of full time staff you have and effort you are putting in to producing young players which I think worked. Unsure if it is still the same.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                        No you can't currently get promoted from the category 1-3 divisions which we are in , to.the two premier league divisions. I imagine it will change one day but I think we don't have a youth setup of a high enough standard. Currently in Category 2 so need to get to 1. They used to.be ranked by the amount of full time staff you have and effort you are putting in to producing young players which I think worked. Unsure if it is still the same.
                        Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X