The Toons upper & lower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
    Anyone remember the end of that 5 - 5 game ?
    I remember this game 4-0 down at half time, 5-3 with five mins to go. Was it Micklewhite who equalised.

Comment

Originally posted by croxleyhoops View Post
      I remember this game 4-0 down at half time, 5-3 with five mins to go. Was it Micklewhite who equalised.
      It was. I was a spotty teenager in the loft for that one. For the ones that bothered to hang about till the very end it was crazy.
      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
      Will Danaher

Comment

Remember speaking to a Barcelona fan before the game. He was in London and had come to watch the game because Venables had just left us to take over as their manager. Often wondered what he thought of the game.

Comment

First game I'm really looking forward to, a mid-week game, top of the table clash, it'll be a great atmosphere. Just hope we can top it off with a win!

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
            Naaa...was in the pads too. The toons invaded the pitch at the end and the mounted cops had to drive em back with long truncheons. They were mad as hell.
            Really?
            I must have missed that on my way out. Sounds more like the usual stuff that went on. Some of the geordies outside were fine about it though. I remember it well.

Comment

Pretty sure Chris Waddle scored a hattrick by half time.

Comment

We were in the Loft ,and i remember singing all the way down the Uxbridge rd ,dont remember any trouble at all though
                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                  We were in the Loft ,and i remember singing all the way down the Uxbridge rd ,dont remember any trouble at all though
                  My lasting memory was just how comfortable it was in the Loft when the second half kicked off as so many had gone home. By the time we scored the third it was manic and felt like it was full again. Great memories of that game but just wonder how many on here left at half time and missed all the fun
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                    My lasting memory was just how comfortable it was in the Loft when the second half kicked off as so many had gone home. By the time we scored the third it was manic and felt like it was full again. Great memories of that game but just wonder how many on here left at half time and missed all the fun
                    Every QPR fan must have had a sore throat after this one. The second half was just amazing with all of us bringing the roof down. When that happens at Loftus Road no team has a chance it was simply deafening and that drove the players on.
                    Loftus Road...whata stadium ! Needs to happen more often.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      There London based fans not season ticket holders then????
                      The bulk of season tickets holders are going to be from Newcastle. This game only just went to members for 200 or so tickets, so that means 2500 or so will be going from Newcastle to Loftus Road.

There will be 90% or so Geordie in their end, not Londoners.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                        This match was one of the main reasons I hardly ever leave early. At ht my brother suggested we go home and I said let's just see how the second half starts !

Comment

i don't do all this newcasle amazing support , i was reading an interview with jurgen klopp , he said he couldn't understand how london has so many professional football teams and he'd never come across this before . i'd bet that most people in newcastle support newcastle .... in shepherds bush i've seen arsenal , chelsea, liverpool colours on a regular basis . there even used to be a joker that would sit outside his flat on loftus rd on matchdays with his fulham top on .

Comment

I think their support at home isnt very good, very toxic. But, their away following - how can you question it? They took 6000 to Fulham, we took 4000 down the road and we were saying how amazing we are (we were one of about 12 teams to take 4000 last year).

Yeah we have competition, but then we have a far superior catchment area to Newcastle.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                              I think their support at home isnt very good, very toxic. But, their away following - how can you question it? They took 6000 to Fulham, we took 4000 down the road and we were saying how amazing we are (we were one of about 12 teams to take 4000 last year).

Yeah we have competition, but then we have a far superior catchment area to Newcastle.
                              Not really. They have the whole City and we are one of many clubs in London.

Comment

Newcastle. It has a population of 250,000 but including the surrounding urban area its population is almost 1 million.
                                London. 8.6 million. So we would need to have 32 teams to make us have a smaller catchment area to Newcastle.

These are rough figures and new very accurate, but you see my point. Their away support is very impressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X