• Show
Clear All

• England selection

1 up front and 2 defensive midfielders. Just like watching the r's
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Sorry don't care. Have better things to do on a Sunday afternoon.

Comment

Not a bad side, just lacking that spark. I think Lallana coming in is good , really shocked he got left out against Iceland as was one of our best players. Henderson has that drive that can be useful. And completely right to start with Stones as he is the future and looked great at city so far.

I'll always watch England no matter how much they disappoint. I feel so much passion and excitement still watching them.back as I did at Euro 96. Every tournament I am optimistic and every tournament they fail (well bar 02-06). Something special about watching them play, just feel that extra bit of tension and excitement.
      Last edited by nanocopic; 03-09-2016, 08:46 PM.

Comment

English till I die!!! Only the weak give up, we all get the hump but the tarts are a plenty. Support your country always. Those that don't and say I can't be bothered to watch tomorrow are not wanted or needed.
        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
          English till I die!!! Only the weak give up, we all get the hump but the tarts are a plenty. Support your country always. Those that don't and say I can't be bothered to watch tomorrow are not wanted or needed.
          Agree with you on that in a way.
          Massive whiff of weakness about it, and quite a few of our lot seem to have given up on the national team (which is surprising as I'd say its similar to following QPR - hope usually followed by a big letdown).
          You can bet they'd all be out celebrating if we ever had a little bit of success.

There's a lot about this country im not keen on, but I'll always back our sporting teams/athletes.

Comment

Big Sam ain't no better than WOY same old tosh, Kane ain't in form so I would off played Rashford but like all our managers we seem to play the players out off form than players in form
            You Rsssssss

Comment

Same old same old

Want a new direction
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

The problem is the players always seem disinterested. Wales didn't have the most talented players but they all wanted to play for their country. The establishment always follow the status quo and choose their managers according to who is the next one in line. Part of the problem could be that not too many people want the job.

I can't see the finals in Russia being a success and I'm not sure how many fans will travel there. They should not even be allowed to be putting it on.

I think we should have shown guts and said we were not interested in going to Russia. That would have given us 4 years (to the next Euros) to get together a half decent young team with a young manager who is not worried about experimenting.

Those are the main reasons I am not interested in watching.

Comment

not surprised by the performance and the last minute goal doesn't change anything. The sad thing is there isn't many players missing from that team that would make a difference

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                    not surprised by the performance and the last minute goal doesn't change anything. The sad thing is there isn't many players missing from that team that would make a difference
                    Kane ain't got it lymes , rashford and were 2 up at Ht . How the duck he stayed on for 80 is beyond me, deserved win tho against the 11 after the red . Skertel could've seen 3 before that one. Happy for big Sam !
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

just not enough talent coming through. Half our team could be foreign born and the same could be said about sides in lower divisions than us. That can't be healthy for the National side

Comment

Problem is the rest of the world think we are decent!

personally so sick of seeing these countries have 11 behind the ball and try their hardest to get a 0-0. Thats not entertainment. We need to become far better at breaking teams down. only looked like scoring once Ali came on imo yesterday and thats because he passes and moves! not afraid to make a forward run.

Fair enough Lallana scored and good for him, he works hard, ut i have serious doubts weather he is international quality. For all his trickery, dribbling, how often does it actually leed to a chance, assist, goal?

Harry Kane dont seem to move and cant hold the ball. for all our possession in their half, did Kane have a shot inside the penalty area?

Every single attack seems to consist of nice passing at the back, get to 50 yards from their goal, then watch every player in front of the ball stand still and we go sideways.

Dont get this love in with Rooney at all. All this debate about where he should play. every time i have seen him play CM, hes been sh!t imho. yes he plays a 50 yard pass out wide, then stands there admires it and waits for it to get passed back round. makes real basic errors in midfield and dont think he actually creates a lot.

same could be said about Henderson really. I have never understood what people see in him. what exactly does he offer?

Comment

It was just same old same old, wasn't it? Agree with Van and Rams on Kane, he should have been off after 45. Also totally agree with Van on Rashford. Thought Lallana was excellent though, the only bright spark really, until Dele Alli came on second half for Henderson and changed the game. And all this bowlarks Allardyce has been saying about Rooney having a free roaming role, cos it ain't up to him to tell Rooney what to do, well that worked out well, didn't it. What has Big Sam really brought to the table? Uck all so far. Big Same Old should be his name.

Comment

Nothing will change overnight, it will take Big Sam some time to change things around but I think he can do it.

The core first team are actually mainly mid 20's ish, and all with good ability. Even Rooney at 30 isn't past it, although he needs to step up massively.

Comment

rashford done himself no harm tonite for the 21's

Comment

Working...
                              X