No announcement yet.

WRT Polter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The issue is that a lot of the editors don't see any of the current ratings as "incorrect" when they take up the role, they assume that everything is correct as it is and that any changes should be minimal. However, my take is that they've made quite a few mistakes such as with Polter, such as with Luongo, Ned's pace, Hall's passing, Smithies' overall, etc. There are far too many things that are initially wrong but editors won't do anything drastic because they don't want to put in the effort to back themselves up when they get questioned by the top guy. So I always try to validate myself there and prove that the changes are correct relative to the rest of the league.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

How do you end up being an editor for the game,??? And if you can amend players could you not also make messi rubbish or are their firewalls to prevent

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
        Get a life
        wait til he discovers girls all those stats won't matter anymore

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          How do you end up being an editor for the game,??? And if you can amend players could you not also make messi rubbish or are their firewalls to prevent
          So you get an offer if your work during the year is consistently solid, I got my first one 2 years in and they give you 2 x 3 months of work as an editor. So every year 2 people become editors for their club alone, each for a total of 6 months. There are editors for every single team in the game, people who are supposed to go to matches, analyse matches and players and keep an eye on any changes that should be made. For some players, such as Messi and most of the top teams in the world, their editors are very closely followed by people high up in EA Sports and changes can be made only by those higher ups. So yea, safety measures are put in place for the top guys and even when I become an editor for those 6 months, my changes are checked over by the lead rep for the league my club is in.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            wait til he discovers girls all those stats won't matter anymore
            Tell me, do you have a job? I assume you do, and I don't mean that question in a sarcastic or derogatory manner btw. But on the assumption that you work, we aren't all that different, except for the fact that I'm legitimately passionate about the stuff I do. Bring on the jokes about me and girls, or whatever bs your creative minds can come up with, I've dealt with them for years and no one ever expects me to be the person I actually am...

Comment

Nas all I can say is almost all the time I find you talk sense and people on here either can't understand or don't want to or are purely mischievous.

You do not get upset when people make unpleasant remarks but just get on with it.

I salute you and am proud that you are a QPR supporter.

Carry on mate

Comment

Nass , How woudl you rate youngster for.the game such as Shodipo or Kakay?

Comment

Uck me
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by bhujio View Post
                    Nas all I can say is almost all the time I find you talk sense and people on here either can't understand or don't want to or are purely mischievous.

You do not get upset when people make unpleasant remarks but just get on with it.

Carry on mate
                    I appreciate that mate

Long may we all be R's fans here.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                      Nass , How woudl you rate youngster for.the game such as Shodipo or Kakay?
                      I actually need to work on Kakay a little bit as they've got his rating as 54 and have him as a left back, which to my understanding is very wrong. I'm going to speak to the guy I report to about this stuff.

My understanding of it is that before they come into the squad and we have full time footage on them, if possible they have an editor or reviewer go to watch youth games but when that isn't possible, they take reports on the players and they usually make assumptions based on the player's position to create a base rating for him. Once he makes his first appearance for the side, I take it on to immediately make suggestions to the editor to fix the player's ratings. I did that last year with Kpekawa and I did it this year with Shodipo who will hopefully be in Ultimate team with this rating. Then gradually as we get more footage and exposure we can start rating more accurately relative to the level we're at because ultimately, all technical attributes are selected relative to the league we're in.

So if a player in the championship is considered a top championship player for a particular attribute, they get a rating on that attribute between 75-79 but that only corresponds to a good premier league player. Arguably, if Shodipo debuted in the prem, he'd have a higher rating to start with just for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        So as some of you might know, I edit and review player statistics in all FIFA games for QPR and other championship teams. I'm currently reviewing meaning there is an editor who I give suggestions to with regards to changes made to attributes in the game. I made a recommendation regarding Sebastian Polter who currently has Medium attacking and Medium defensive workrates, a hot tempered personality, acceleration of 68 and sprint speed of 78, jumping of 68, aggression of 79, strength of 83.

I suggested that he should get High attacking and high defensive workrates, a more calm personality as I haven't seen him argue with referees since joining, acceleration between 75 and 80 and sprint speed of 80-83, jumping in the mid 70s, aggression in the mid to high 80s, strength in the high 80s.

My current editor has totally rebuffed all of these suggestions, saying that these stats reflect his standing in the league. As fans of the club, I wanted to know your opinion on these attributes and if you have any suggestions, it would be great to hear so I can try and make the recommendations to the editor. Given that he doesn't feel Polter's workrates should be high offensively and defensively, I can't help but think he doesn't go to matches much.
                        Really??!

Comment

Jimmy what has happened to this once interesting/entertaining forum,?
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by bhujio View Post

Carry on mate

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              It's all gone Pete Tong

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                                One of the good things about other forums such as lfw is the wide range of topics discussed.
                                Now is this topic entertaining? Definitely not. Is it something im interested in? No. But for others it will be.
                                The Down The Pub section is where you'll get the more edgy threads, such as jeems football manager one and Vans sunday morning activities topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X