WRT Polter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some miserable b*stards on here....
    The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese....

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      So as some of you might know, I edit and review player statistics in all FIFA games for QPR and other championship teams. I'm currently reviewing meaning there is an editor who I give suggestions to with regards to changes made to attributes in the game. I made a recommendation regarding Sebastian Polter who currently has Medium attacking and Medium defensive workrates, a hot tempered personality, acceleration of 68 and sprint speed of 78, jumping of 68, aggression of 79, strength of 83.

I suggested that he should get High attacking and high defensive workrates, a more calm personality as I haven't seen him argue with referees since joining, acceleration between 75 and 80 and sprint speed of 80-83, jumping in the mid 70s, aggression in the mid to high 80s, strength in the high 80s.

My current editor has totally rebuffed all of these suggestions, saying that these stats reflect his standing in the league. As fans of the club, I wanted to know your opinion on these attributes and if you have any suggestions, it would be great to hear so I can try and make the recommendations to the editor. Given that he doesn't feel Polter's workrates should be high offensively and defensively, I can't help but think he doesn't go to matches much.
      I think you've got the rest of the attributes right but his acceleration is probably more fair at 70 then 75-80. Top speed of 78 doesn't strike me as unfair either but maybe it could be upped to 80. Maybe it's because of his size but he just doesn't look that fast.

Comment

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
        I think you've got the rest of the attributes right but his acceleration is probably more fair at 70 then 75-80. Top speed of 78 doesn't strike me as unfair either but maybe it could be upped to 80. Maybe it's because of his size but he just doesn't look that fast.
        I think that's about right to be honest, his size does make him look slow but you see him really getting past a lot of people very easily, like the swindon full backs, like the times he wins us penalties, it's down to his strength and top speed.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Nas, out of interest, where do you get your information from? Do you take notes during the game? How does it work?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
            Nas, out of interest, where do you get your information from? Do you take notes during the game? How does it work?
            During games I keep a lot of stuff I see in my mind, I have the whoscored.com app open and every few minutes whenever we hit a game break, I'll check the simple player stats. End of the match, when I get back home, I look over the whoscored website as well as the sofascore website and check everything out.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              During games I keep a lot of stuff I see in my mind, I have the whoscored.com app open and every few minutes whenever we hit a game break, I'll check the simple player stats. End of the match, when I get back home, I look over the whoscored website as well as the sofascore website and check everything out.
              the girl next to me is never off her phone , she misses so much of the match , can't work out why people are so addicted to that ' faceache'

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                the girl next to me is never off her phone , she misses so much of the match , can't work out why people are so addicted to that ' faceache'
                I know, would have thought if you'd paid for a match day ticket, you would actually watch the whole match and go back to your phone after.

Comment

Naz. In answer to your OP question.

SP can do damage and bully against poor/average defending. I think he'd struggle against decent back lines because he is too inconsistent touch wise and good defenders would be up hisarse and not the other way round. He sometimes looks as though he has a turn of foot but unless you know what he can do over 60m or he has repeatedly turned and wasted defenders we can not be sure. What your editor should be doing is sending you to watch teams who you are totally neutral about and report back. Very hard to be objective about your own team.

Just a few thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                  X