WRT Polter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WRT Polter

So as some of you might know, I edit and review player statistics in all FIFA games for QPR and other championship teams. I'm currently reviewing meaning there is an editor who I give suggestions to with regards to changes made to attributes in the game. I made a recommendation regarding Sebastian Polter who currently has Medium attacking and Medium defensive workrates, a hot tempered personality, acceleration of 68 and sprint speed of 78, jumping of 68, aggression of 79, strength of 83.

I suggested that he should get High attacking and high defensive workrates, a more calm personality as I haven't seen him argue with referees since joining, acceleration between 75 and 80 and sprint speed of 80-83, jumping in the mid 70s, aggression in the mid to high 80s, strength in the high 80s.

My current editor has totally rebuffed all of these suggestions, saying that these stats reflect his standing in the league. As fans of the club, I wanted to know your opinion on these attributes and if you have any suggestions, it would be great to hear so I can try and make the recommendations to the editor. Given that he doesn't feel Polter's workrates should be high offensively and defensively, I can't help but think he doesn't go to matches much.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Since coming to Rangers he has a total of only 4 bookings which would not indicate a hot-tempered personality.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      So as some of you might know, I edit and review player statistics in all FIFA games for QPR and other championship teams. I'm currently reviewing meaning there is an editor who I give suggestions to with regards to changes made to attributes in the game. I made a recommendation regarding Sebastian Polter who currently has Medium attacking and Medium defensive workrates, a hot tempered personality, acceleration of 68 and sprint speed of 78, jumping of 68, aggression of 79, strength of 83.

I suggested that he should get High attacking and high defensive workrates, a more calm personality as I haven't seen him argue with referees since joining, acceleration between 75 and 80 and sprint speed of 80-83, jumping in the mid 70s, aggression in the mid to high 80s, strength in the high 80s.

My current editor has totally rebuffed all of these suggestions, saying that these stats reflect his standing in the league. As fans of the club, I wanted to know your opinion on these attributes and if you have any suggestions, it would be great to hear so I can try and make the recommendations to the editor. Given that he doesn't feel Polter's workrates should be high offensively and defensively, I can't help but think he doesn't go to matches much.
      With respect Naz , what the fu ck are you talking about?

Comment

I can't help but think he doesn't go to matches much.
        Had to chuckle at that one mate, very funny.

Just goes to show how unreliable stats can be when the people providing them have different opinions. Much the same as the average football fan seeing players in a different light.

You should remember when quoting ratings at people that numpties like him aren't necessarily helping your cause.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
          Had to chuckle at that one mate, very funny.

Just goes to show how unreliable stats can be when the people providing them have different opinions. Much the same as the average football fan seeing players in a different light.

You should remember when quoting ratings at people that numpties like him aren't necessarily helping your cause.
          Unfortunately, a lot of the editors I've seen don't use stats at all themselves. I spend quite a while getting comparative stats between players just to prove that one of our boys should have a different attribute and these guys tend to ignore it.

EDIT: as I've said many times as well in the past, I totally believe that you're more blind if you only look at the raw numbers without any context than if you go to the matches and just watch without considering the numbers. But I think that combining the pair of these things gives you a better overview of the whole thing.
          Last edited by nasser95; 03-09-2016, 02:52 PM.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
            Since coming to Rangers he has a total of only 4 bookings which would not indicate a hot-tempered personality.
            That's a fair point and one I will bring to them. Also, if anyone who does know about the attributes in the game has any recommendation with regards to our players, let me know, so I can put them forward.

Comment

Polters stats should be: finishing 12, heading 80, passing 20, pace 70, work rate 99

Comment

I like playing PES and FIFA but not enough to get a length over the stats of the player. If he's s hite on FIFA but good on the actual pitch could not give a t oss

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  I like playing PES and FIFA but not enough to get a length over the stats of the player. If he's s hite on FIFA but good on the actual pitch could not give a t oss
                  Not denying that mate, I just like to make sure everything is accurate in the game. It's a simulation after all haha.

Comment

Get a life

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
                      Get a life
                      I have one thanks, it's pretty good.

Comment

Come on fellas, although a bit geeky there's no need to take pot shots at the lad (realise the use of 'geeky' could be interpreted as one, but not meant that way).
                        He's volunteering his own time to help get the stats ready for a game that will be enjoyed by millions of people worldwide.
                        Each to their own and all that.

Hope you get a free copy of the new version for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                          Come on fellas, although a bit geeky there's no need to take pot shots at the lad (realise the use of 'geeky' could be interpreted as one, but not meant that way).
                          He's volunteering his own time to help get the stats ready for a game that will be enjoyed by millions of people worldwide.
                          Each to their own and all that.

Hope you get a free copy of the new version for your time.
                          Thanks mate, appreciate it and I hope I do, but in 5 years of doing this, I've gotten nothing really haha. It's just nice to make sure that people from outside the club who happen to end up using us in the game find that the players are accurate and maybe, just maybe, they start following the club a bit more in real life because they enjoyed using QPR in the game.

Comment

What's the point in you advising him if he's going to point blank deny any changes

Can only imagine QPR fsn would select QPR to play with

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              What's the point in you advising him if he's going to point blank deny any changes
                              It's my job to make suggestions, if one or two go through, then at least I've made a change until my turn in the year to become an editor comes into place, then I have much more sway on this stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X