Your views on our summer dealings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
    Matty have you got rid of your avatar? It just feels like you used to have a photo.
    I think you mean MattyRangers
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

The club made some very good business. Well done to Les, JFH and Lee Hoos. Appreciate there are quite some gambles, however two international Polish players and one Guinea international are not that bad. I think we have a very decent squad and if JFH manage to get the best out of them, we may be the surprise team of the division come May!

Comment

Agree Martin no one expected Sheffield Wednesday last season to challenge this season it could be us

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
          A bit disappointed we haven't signed another winger
          If he plays Yeni on the right and Shodipo on the left then are wingers situation looks strong, especially with Wszołek and Sylla now in the mix, plus back up of El Khayati, Gladwin, Petrasso and Kakay.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            If he plays Yeni on the right and Shodipo on the left then are wingers situation looks strong, especially with Wszołek and Sylla now in the mix, plus back up of El Khayati, Gladwin, Petrasso and Kakay.
            Absolutely.
            https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Excellent transfer window cannot wait for the rovers game. Like having a new box of toys

Comment

Chery apart our attacking midfield players aren't great at opening defences up. Cover at 10 was always going to be the hardest call, and we don't have it. None of the above remotely fit that bill. If we continue to play JFH's favoured formation - even with wingers on their natural flanks which is simply a must imo - we need someone to find them a bit of space.

Comment

Shodipo is a kid and his form will undoubtedly be unreliable, although I agree he's a great option. I just think we needed an out an out left winger but we definitely have enough cover as you say, although I don't rate Nasser or Gladwin.

We've had an excellent window and as silly as it sounds I'm looking forward to next summers window already. The reason being, we'll be removing the players who don't feature much this season which will be the likes of Washington, Nasser and Gladwin imo and bringing in new players of the same quality that's come in this window, which will give us a hugely competitive squad rather than a starting line up, which I think is the case right now.

A great window and looking forward to this season where I'll be happy enough to finish in the top 8 or so and being competitive before the big push next season.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    Chery apart our attacking midfield players aren't great at opening defences up. Cover at 10 was always going to be the hardest call, and we don't have it. None of the above remotely fit that bill. If we continue to play JFH's favoured formation - even with wingers on their natural flanks which is simply a must imo - we need someone to find them a bit of space.
                    El Khayati is the number 10 cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                      We've had an excellent window and as silly as it sounds I'm looking forward to next summers window already. The reason being, we'll be removing the players who don't feature much this season which will be the likes of Washington, Nasser and Gladwin imo
                      Don't forget the inimitable Jamie Mackie too, on his way back from the latest injury

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                        El Khayati is the number 10 cover.
                        We've also got Luongo who does play there and got 3 assists there last season when he played that role at the start of the season.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          We've also got Luongo who does play there and got 3 assists there last season when he played that role at the start of the season.
                          Three assists in how many games is not great mate

Comment

The signings we've made look really good, but the truth is we won't know how they do until they start.

I believe we've gone about it the right way, reduced the wage bill as much as we could, and got in what we needed.

Be nice if we can sell players and make big profit.

Comment

Happy with business done since end of last season?

I for one thing we have done very good business based on our financial situation.
                              Few high earners have left but I was hoping for Sandro to leave.
                              I like the new players who are relatively young and hungry filling the weakest spots in the team.
                              I think the season will be an interesting fight for a playoff spot.
                              Next season should be even more fun.

Comment

Bidwell - Happy with that signing.
                                Lynch - injury record a bit of a concern.
                                Cousins - potential is there, hopefully comes good.
                                Yeni, the two poles and Cilla all unknown, so too early to call on them.

Comment

Working...
                                X