No announcement yet.

Our first team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...................Smithies..................

Ned.... Caulker.... .Hall..... Bidwell

......Cousins.......... Luongo......

Yeni.............Chery.......... Shopido

....................Polter....................

New boys need to earn their stripes. I don't think Polter deserves to be dropped just yet and I like the look of Shopido. He's direct and looks to get the ball in the box whenever he can. Surprised JFH dropped him so quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      ...................Smithies..................

Ned.... Caulker.... .Hall..... Bidwell

......Cousins.......... Luongo......

Yeni.............Chery.......... Shopido

....................Polter....................

New boys need to earn their stripes. I don't think Polter deserves to be dropped just yet and I like the look of Shopido. He's direct and looks to get the ball in the box whenever he can. Surprised JFH dropped him so quickly.
      We're still playing our Captain out of position because even out of position he's our best right back...
      Erm?....been doing alright tho so eh?
      Last edited by Sleeping Giants; 31-08-2016, 11:22 PM.

Comment

We have 1 player of real quality yet he doesn't make anyone's first best 11,Sandro has to start,on huge wages,we must play him,he is quality

Comment

We seem to have choices of good,honest players.No mercenaries and no egos. Finish top half,give your all and entertain me that's all I ask. Is that too much?

Comment

Is it possible that we may actually have a decent team and that JFH actually knows what he's doing? I do hope I haven't spoken too soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
              We have 1 player of real quality yet he doesn't make anyone's first best 11,Sandro has to start,on huge wages,we must play him,he is quality
              I'd never want a player playing who doesn't want to play for us. Doesn't matter how good they are.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                That's a very decent side for this level. We've got options at last, can't wait to see how we get on now
                How do we know Sylla and the Polish winger are decent? Seriously? Or the Polish CM. I hope they are, but I don't know they are. I know nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  How do we know Sylla and the Polish winger are decent? Seriously? Or the Polish CM. I hope they are, but I don't know they are. I know nothing about them.
                  No one knows, because apart from anything else no one - including the club - knows how they are going to handle championship football. I don't think with those two we've ended up with our first choices but that may not matter. Plus we're still very light behind at 10, key position and only Chery as a playmaker, no cover. So it's too early to know if its been a good window. Fingers crossed.

Comment

GK Smithies
                    Back 3 Onouha Caulker Hall
                    Diamond 4 Sandro Cousins Luongo Chery
                    Wingers Shodipo Yeni
                    Striker Polter

Comment

No no, luongo has made the starting 11 regularly...
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I don't see how we can have a decent team, yet. The back 5 I have no issues with but then the middle and front six are almost all unknown with the odd exception, until I have seen them play on a regular basis I can't judge if they, or the team, are any good.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                          I don't see how we can have a decent team, yet. The back 5 I have no issues with but then the middle and front six are almost all unknown with the odd exception, until I have seen them play on a regular basis I can't judge if they, or the team, are any good.
                          Luongo is pretty well known at this level, same as cousins who's had 3 seasons now at this level, Chery has had one season and really performed well, Polter done well his first season... I don't think unknown is the right thing to say.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Real quality pahaha. Got to be the worst Brazilian player I've ever seen. What's he actually ever done to make you say wow he has real quality this player?! Must be watching a completely different game to me. Bang average

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                              Real quality pahaha. Got to be the worst Brazilian player I've ever seen. What's he actually ever done to make you say wow he has real quality this player?! Must be watching a completely different game to me. Bang average
                              (when fit) he's a cut above this level, anyone saying anything else is talking folly. Unfortunately he's never fully fit and his wages are obscene, but if we can get him on the pitch 25times this season he would be massive for us.

Comment

Starting to think somones got a litttle crush.....
                                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                                X