Fans Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Did we have a winger callled John Mahoney?
    Remember him as a well known player for Stoke in the 70s. Never played for us, unless there were two.

Anyway, I think this chap's name is O'Mahoney.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Did we have a winger callled John Mahoney?
      I was thinking of John Curtis
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

even though the bloke may have had a valid point , he lost it by being repetitive , long winded and boring. what he seemed to miss out was frank sibley and stan bowles were both paid by the club whilst employed here they didn't work for us for nothing.... lots of people fall ill in their old age doesn't mean their past employers have to put on benefit dinners or games . personally i would support any game / charity for stan

Comment

There was a petition for Stan Bowles charity game and I remember them.sayong they were successful so perhaps just not announced yet.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            even though the bloke may have had a valid point , he lost it by being repetitive , long winded and boring. what he seemed to miss out was frank sibley and stan bowles were both paid by the club whilst employed here they didn't work for us for nothing.... lots of people fall ill in their old age doesn't mean their past employers have to put on benefit dinners or games . personally i would support any game / charity for stan
            True. However some players are legends, and part of the reason for the current fanbase, and why you would probably show up. But as you say the club need to draw a line somewhere though. I canīt imagine anyone showing up for the SWP or Bosingwa charity match in 30 years.
            https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by JJB View Post
              Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Not its a superfan...

Can't stand these types, they care more about QPR you sEe as they shout louder. I thought the bloke ( John O'Mahonny) embarrassed himself badly.

Also does anybody still even buy AKUTR'S?
              Such a shame that these events, put on by the club in order to be informative and entertaining, get hijacked by people like that. Not suggesting that any of his concerns aren't valid, but there is a time and place, it doesn't need to be acted out in front of an audience. How on earth does he know the ins and outs of what the club are doing for Stan? My guess is that they have raised a considerable amount without publicising it.

There is only so much a club can do to help former players, regardless of who they are. From what I can gather, Stan likes a flutter at the bookies still. And why not? Can fully understand why the club may have reservations about raising money for William Hill.

Comment

And will these people demand a memorial match for Stan when he sadly but inevitably dies?
                Hes been payed by the club all his life as far as i know, as corporate hospitality. Paid to go in the boxes and get hammered. Hes been very well looked after imho.

Comment

people should be reminded it's a Q&A session. Those who love the sound of their own voice should do one
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
                  X