Fans Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    I was chatting with him afterwards. Clearly he believes passionately about his cause, and if what he said about Frank Sibley is true that's sad to hear. The problem was his behaviour was totally inappropriate in the context of the event - he essentially hijacked it. From speaking with him I gathered that he has exhausted all other attempts at communication with the club because he comes up against a brick wall every time. So he now feels that these events are his last resort at being able to establish a dialogue. The problem was he caused the event to overrun by half an hour and other supporters were unable to get their questions answered, some of which may have been equally as valid (hence the heckling and barracking). So whilst I have some sympathy, it was also a very selfish and insensitive act.

I also attended another private meeting with the fan sites and the media team last season, which he completely hijacked also. The fact that the club have now ceased dialogue with him is very telling because they wouldn't have done that without good reason IMO. From my experience the lines of communication between fans and the club are always very open and accessible.
    If I was the club regardless of his views or efforts I would refuse to engage with him full stop

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      If I was the club regardless of his views or efforts I would refuse to engage with him full stop
      That's exactly what they've now done, as I say Westie. I can't see him being invited back to another fan forum either, after this latest episode. He's burnt all his bridges now.

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
        Sandro has apparently been brilliant. Wanted to move but that didn't come off but there has been absolutely no issue whatsoever with him and is one of the best trainers. Is in good shape. Whether he will actually play or not straight way remains to be seen
        (sigh) Henry it is then.

We need to be much more positive at home vs supposedly inferior opposition.

Comment

I asked him at the end. Minced hamster and onion is his favourite
          The Aleppo diet, huh.
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

That's exactly what they've now done, as I say Westie. I can't see him being invited back to another fan forum either, after this latest episode. He's burnt all his bridges now.
            Glad to read that Stan

Think geezer needs to take a look at himself as what is a good cause is quickly being soured by him! his involvement would put me off any events. Plus I assume he's the one involved in sending clipboards round at home and away games collecting signatures on a petition. I think most people who attend regularly have signed it more then once making mockery of any petition if the same names keep appearing

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
              (sigh) Henry it is then.
              That's not the conclusion I drew. He sounded very positive about Sandro - I'd say he has every chance of featuring between now and Jan.

Comment

I was chatting with him afterwards. Clearly he believes passionately about his cause, and if what he said about Frank Sibley is true that's sad to hear. The problem was his behaviour was totally inappropriate in the context of the event - he essentially hijacked it. From speaking with him I gathered that he has exhausted all other attempts at communication with the club because he comes up against a brick wall every time. So he now feels that these events are his last resort at being able to establish a dialogue. The problem was he caused the event to overrun by half an hour and other supporters were unable to get their questions answered, some of which may have been equally as valid (hence the heckling and barracking). So whilst I have some sympathy, it was also a very selfish and insensitive act.

I also attended another private meeting with the fan sites and the media team last season, which he completely hijacked also. The fact that the club have now ceased dialogue with him is very telling because they wouldn't have done that without good reason IMO. From my experience the lines of communication between fans and the club are always very open and accessible.
                Didn't help at the end of his first spell on the mic, Mr. Hoos asked what was the question and we got another 5 minutes from him
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=iusrK9VXtSI

Comment

Just watched it and i felt he was very abrupt and controlling in the way he was talking and felt to me that he was in a way ordering the club to do something about Stan Bowles. For all he knows the club might be already looking into things and sorting things out but i think the way he was talking would now give the club a decision on not to inform him and involve him in any of the plans they might have had. Just like anything if you keep on and eventually become persistent and annoying then people are going to shut you out. But the rest of it was thoroughly enjoyable and very funny at times. It's good to see Jimmy and Les have a bit of banter and not just a serious work head on all the time. I liked the ideas on moving fans around to try and create a better atmosphere and while i know it could upset a few who have been sitting in the same seat for donkeys years sometimes a change is good(if/when we move stadiums they are going to have to change seats anyway). If it improves the atmosphere and matchday experience for the majority of fans then i think it would be good. Also a good point made was the disabled section. Although not big enough to house more wheelchairs and the issue of where do you take seats out to make room for more i think being stuck in the corner with the away fans shouting and possibly making you a target as we saw at the end of last season wouldn't be a great experience for me if i was sitting there and vunerable. Looks like Lee Hoos has got his work cut out

Comment

I liked the ideas on moving fans around to try and create a better atmosphere and while i know it could upset a few who have been sitting in the same seat for donkeys years
                      Who floated that, the club or a fan? Was it a wind-up? No way are fans going to accept that. I chose my seat because of the part of the pitch I wanted, and the unobstructed view I wanted.
                      Last edited by Olly; 09-09-2016, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Fan asked about what the club could do to create a better atmosphere and Jimmy said it works both ways then Lee Hoos was talking about Palace's ultra section and then something about the family section and the season ticket holders in there and that there were surprisingly few. That they could possibly move to upper loft and a singing section to be put lower loft but then where to put move the family section to. I think he was just thinking out loud about moving sections around. I doubt very much anything would happen though.

Comment

Step away from the microphone........

Comment

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Not its a superfan...

Can't stand these types, they care more about QPR you sEe as they shout louder. I thought the bloke ( John O'Mahonny) embarrassed himself badly.

Also does anybody still even buy AKUTR'S?
                            Last edited by JJB; 09-09-2016, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JJB View Post
                              Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Not its a superfan...

Can't stand these types, they care more about QPR you se as they shout louder. I thought the bloke ( John Mahonny) embarrassed himself badly.

Also does anybody still even buy AKUTR'S?
                              Spot on J appears to be fan who thinks his opinion and voice outweighs anyone else

Comment

Did we have a winger callled John Mahoney?

Comment

Working...
                                X