No announcement yet.

Onuoha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unsurprisingly I'm going to disagree with Stan on this. I think Ned is a better RB than Perch and that Perch looked a bit weak there when he played in that position recently and actually looked better at LB. Also all the reasons above for Ned having to cover for RM's are excellent points. We look very solid with a back four of Bidwell, Caulker, Hall and Ned.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
      Perch looked a bit weak there when he played in that position recently
      "Weak"?! You must have watched different games.

Last two matches vs Rochdale and Wigan he's been rock solid there. Proper RB displays and, as I say, a round peg in a round hole.

Comment

Few on here better at talking politics. I agree with Stanley on this one not a fan of Phil Neville so called versatile players
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          "Weak"?! You must have watched different games.

Last two matches vs Rochdale and Wigan he's been rock solid there. Proper RB displays and, as I say, a round peg in a round hole.
          Feel exactly the same when you comment on Onuoha! Disagree on Perch too. We should sit down together and watch a whole match, it's the only way to solve this!

Comment

Hubble you're a lovely intelligent guy, but Stanley is more of a footballing man. I read your off topic stuff and its spot on but you don't live with Stan in here tbh
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              Hubble you're a lovely intelligent guy, but Stanley is more of a footballing man. I read your off topic stuff and its spot on but you don't live with Stan in here tbh
              Fair enough Weare. Seems JFH agrees with me though!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                Surely entitled to an opinion though and I wasn't aware you were judge and jury. I must have missed that.
                Last edited by CroydonCaptainJack; 02-09-2016, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                  Surely entitled to an opinion though and I wasn't aware you were judge and jury. I must have missed that.
                  It's his experience playing as a sub in Power League Wembley, it's gotten to his head.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Feel exactly the same when you comment on Onuoha!
                    I've always said I rate him as a CB at this level, so no disagreement on that score.

Seems JFH agrees with me though!
                    He's played Perch at RB for the last three games, so he clearly rates him in that position. We've won 2 out 3 in those games too. it will be interesting to see which of the two plays at RB more over the course of the season, injuries permitting. I certainly wouldn't say Ned has guaranteed the RB position in JFH's mind. As captain the possible psychological pressure on the manager to play him (even out of position) is a debate that's been done to death on here too.

Comment

He's played Perch at RB for the last three games, so he clearly rates him in that position.
                      He's played Perch because Hall and Caulker were unavailable. I'd bet JFH will go back to playing Ned at RB as soon as he can.

Comment

Seems JFH agrees with me though!
                        He certainly would disagree with you that Perch has been "weak recently". I suggest you watch back the Wigan game again. Not to mention his goal line clearance that saved us two points.

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        He's played Perch because Hall and Caulker were unavailable.
                        I knew that retort was coming, but it was so obvious I didn't bother mentioning it. Doesn't detract from the fact that he's played well there though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          He's played Perch because Hall and Caulker were unavailable. I'd bet JFH will go back to playing Ned at RB as soon as he can.
                          and Lynch

Comment

I've always said I rate him as a CB at this level, so no disagreement on that score.

He's played Perch at RB for the last three games, so he clearly rates him in that position. We've won 2 out 3 in those games too. it will be interesting to see which of the two plays at RB more over the course of the season, injuries permitting. I certainly wouldn't say Ned has guaranteed the RB position in JFH's mind. As captain the possible psychological pressure on the manager to play him (even out of position) is a debate that's been done to death on here too.
                            You mention we've won 2 of three games with Perch at RB... We've also won 3 of 4 with Ned at Right back..
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              You mention we've won 2 of three games with Perch at RB... We've also won 3 of 4 with Ned at Right back..
                              Again, I'm not disputing that either. I said that purely in total disagreement to the post that Perch has been "weak" there recently.

Comment

Again, I'm not disputing that either. I said that purely in total disagreement to the post that Perch has been "weak" there recently.
                                I think the first game he came back into the picture he was absolutely terrible... a real mess, looks to have shaped up and become dependable but I still think Onuoha playing there has been better.

Comment

Working...
                                X