Onuoha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Again, I'm not disputing that either. I said that purely in total disagreement to the post that Perch has been "weak" there recently.
    I'd agree he hasn't been "weak". Perch was poor against Preston but so was everyone else.

Best thing about Perch is his covering of fellow defenders - absolute class at that aspect. Offers a fair bit attacking wise too.

Can't see JFH picking him over Onuha though.
    Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 02-09-2016, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      I still think Onuoha playing there has been better.
      Yea, I'd kind of gathered that Nas

It's ok to disagree. It's only a disagreement after all. And the other day we even agreed on something!

Comment

Again, I'm not disputing that either. I said that purely in total disagreement to the post that Perch has been "weak" there recently.
        I said 'a bit weak'. Anyway, you didn't take me up on my suggestion :(

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          We should sit down together and watch a whole match, it's the only way to solve this!
          There's nothing to solve mate. As I was saying to Nas, it's great to have differences of opinion. It's all down to how you read and interpret a match - that's what makes it the great game that it is. I would like you to sit down and watch a re-run of the Wigan game though and then tell me, hand on heart, that you think Perch was even "a bit weak".

Comment

Stan is really is the man!
            LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

There's nothing to solve mate. As I was saying to Nas, it's great to have differences of opinion. It's all down to how you read and interpret a match - that's what makes it the great game that it is. I would like you to sit down and watch a re-run of the Wigan game though and then tell me, hand on heart, that you think Perch was even "a bit weak".
              Oh you're a cruel man to rebuff a fellow's offer so! Anyway, I have done as you asked and watched the entire game. TBF, I was thinking of the last three games where Perch has played as RB and as I was at the Preston game, and saw how poor he was there, so I modified my comment to include that. But fair enough, in the Wigan game, Perch was decent. He made one great saving tackle and one good cross. He was beaten for pace a couple of times, made a few misplaced passes and was out of position twice where Onuoha covered. Overall, I'd give him 7/10.

Comment

'Out of position' sounds like a fault, but if a player is under orders to go forward and link higher up the pitch, and then a quick counter attack comes down his side of the pitch, then that's not the same, and CB's are instructed to cover. It's not black and white all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                  'Out of position' sounds like a fault, but if a player is under orders to go forward and link higher up the pitch, and then a quick counter attack comes down his side of the pitch, then that's not the same, and CB's are instructed to cover. It's not black and white all the time.
                  Or, in these instances, overlapped by play, not reading play... only very occasional lapses.

Comment

I think Perch really struggles in comparison to Ned. He just isn't as direct or quick with his play and that allows people to close him down.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                      Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      He might not be Roberts Carlos at full back but I have seen him do everything you say he does not. The ball forward for pen against Leeds was that not played by him

Like it or not window has closed no RB has come in so he's going to play there
                      Well you can't argue with that Arty he's our R/B untill January
                      agreed. he's our man.
                      but this is why one of the following is so important:
                      A) Robinson gets to 100% and puts a full 90min in every game, at least til Jan. (or maybe Perch can come in every 3 games or so)
                      B) that young Furlong gets to Championship quality ASAP. hes obviously pulling up trees at Northampton and Swindon, but those of us that have seen him in the PL (aside from the Palace match) and others, have seen he has the goods to get there.

and wests, i take your point. Ive seen them too. Ned just doesn't do them often enough over a 90min appearance as RW/RB.

to conclude, one thing we are all in agreement on is that he is a top Championship level FB/CB
                      Rangers Til I Die
                      follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Working...
                      X