Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barnsley bid for Kpekwa. (Signed Official.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Yeah apols mate, im being especially annoying today i know.
    I feel like the internet police now :/

Comment

Looking at this from both sides of the fence, I still ultimately think selling is best.

- POTENTIALLY could get in at LB if injuries work out for Cole; but realistically I dont want this happening as Bidwell and Lynch are solid replacements already. (YES, Lynch is also a LB if you didnt know)
      - Robinson is gone in my eyes, struggling to come back, so you could argue that Cole should be kept.
      - I havent seen enough to say he's going to be the next best thing at LB, so I am unsure on what everyone is basing his talents on?
      - £500K plus a sell on fee and add-ons is a Fooooking superb deal, that's pure profits.
      - He is only 20 so has loads of time to improve, so it could be a ruddy huge mistake. Give the youth time....
      - Saying that, giving him time would void point one above, which is the favoring of Bidwell / Lynch and even Perch in JFH eyes.

Cole didnt hit the ground running like Mo, the championship is a ruddy hard league, so to be fair its very hard to say he's going to be quality right now and we need some cash in the bank to balance books and abide by FFP.

Comment

Sell him and get a right back

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
          Looking at this from both sides of the fence, I still ultimately think selling is best.

- POTENTIALLY could get in at LB if injuries work out for Cole; but realistically I dont want this happening as Bidwell and Lynch are solid replacements already. (YES, Lynch is also a LB if you didnt know)
          - Robinson is gone in my eyes, struggling to come back, so you could argue that Cole should be kept.
          - I havent seen enough to say he's going to be the next best thing at LB, so I am unsure on what everyone is basing his talents on?
          - £500K plus a sell on fee and add-ons is a Fooooking superb deal, that's pure profits.
          - He is only 20 so has loads of time to improve, so it could be a ruddy huge mistake. Give the youth time....
          - Saying that, giving him time would void point one above, which is the favoring of Bidwell / Lynch and even Perch in JFH eyes.

Cole didnt hit the ground running like Mo, the championship is a ruddy hard league, so to be fair its very hard to say he's going to be quality right now and we need some cash in the bank to balance books and abide by FFP.
          You mention Robinson (I'd forgotten about him). Does anybody have any news?

Comment

Reports are listing Cole as a LB (I dont know whether he is better at LB or CB). We have Bidwell who is only 3 years older than him and has effectively cemented himself in that position. Bidwell has played regularly for the last 5 seasons in league 1 and championship so maybe the club don't see Cole getting a look in. The money being offered for someone who hasnt really played for us is pretty decent (Bidwell cost under £1.5 mill but obviously there were contract issues too), if we put in a substantial sell on percentage then we guarantee a decent wedge if he progresses as some feel he will, if he doesnt then we've got a decent fee for him. I get that some are disappointed that a possible prospect is being sold on but there weren't much rumblings when Cole hadn't made the 1st team most games this season and he isnt going to progress here with Bidwell now at the club so it's probably best for all parties to sell him with a sell on percentage.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
              But he hasn't got it has he. You're comparing him to the likes of Bale,
              Like I said, defenders - especially CBs - take time. So I'm not comparing him to Bale and Lallana etc. But I do think if you have a prospect you move him on when he's upped in value, and if he continues to improve you sell him when the time is right. I just think now is too early for a promising young CB given the club's stated policy.

This whole debate depends on how much potential you / me / or anyone else thinks he has. Simple as that really.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                Like I said, defenders - especially CBs - take time. So I'm not comparing him to Bale and Lallana etc. But I do think if you have a prospect you move him on when he's upped in value, and if he continues to improve you sell him when the time is right. I just think now is too early for a promising young CB given the club's stated policy.

This whole debate depends on how much potential you / me / or anyone else thinks he has. Simple as that really.
                So there is no right decision as there is no real objective standard, rather its all based on subjectivity

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                  Clearly not fit and hasnt been for ages, wouldnt be in my plans personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                    Reports are listing Cole as a LB (I dont know whether he is better at LB or CB). We have Bidwell who is only 3 years older than him and has effectively cemented himself in that position. Bidwell has played regularly for the last 5 seasons in league 1 and championship so maybe the club don't see Cole getting a look in.
                    Like I said, defenders - especially CBs - take time.
                    Yes, his main position is LB

And according to whoscored.com:

+ Strengths
                    Aerial Duels - Very Strong
                    Blocking the ball - Strong

- Weaknesses
                    Holding on to the ball - Weak
                    Passing - Weak
                    Tackling - Weak
                    Discipline - Weak

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

Very valid points there.
                      My issue is what opportunities has he had at QPR, apart from some League Cup games and perhaps some sub appearances.

If the offer comes with some add ons and a selll on % like Sterling's than it could turn out to be a great deal if he turns out as good as Stones.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                        He has Shin Splints apparently which is a pretty debilitating condition. In a lot of ways that's better news than it being his knee that is still giving him problems. That said, maybe he's just gonna be one of those players that always struggles with injuries!

Comment

As Hove said, you've broken the argument down to opinion and rightly so, it is an opinion based thing... with that being said, the most valid opinion on this is the one of the club and the staff there who see him train daily and see him play more than we do. If they feel that he's disposable at this value, I'm willing to trust them. If they feel he doesn't warrant the opportunity to up his value at the potential expense of the team's performance, then they should get rid of him now, with his value peaking relative to what we're willing to offer him.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Just to clarify: maybe wrong, I suspect his main position will turn out to be CB, and they really do take time. Hence the degree of potential factor.......

If he was out and out LB i'd be less keen on keeping him. But I see a CB there. And yes, of course it is all opinion.....

Comment

GORN! Official.
                              Undisclosed fee.

IMG_20160831_130114.jpg
                              Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 31-08-2016, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                GORN! Official.
                                Undisclosed fee.
                                All the best Cole, hope you develop into a great player and wish you all the best.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X