Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barnsley bid for Kpekwa. (Signed Official.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    I like Cole! Think he's got a lot of potential.

I would personally like to see him loaned to a championship club and see how he gets on playing regularly at this level.
    Agree should be loaned

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      TBF to cole, he's been alright. Not done much wrong, just hasn't come across as being a special talent. He's got the physical qualities to make him a potentially good defender at this level, but he won't get first team football with us any time soon. I see (in both positions he plays) too much quality competition to give him a chance: at CB - Lynch, Ned, Hall, Caulker, at LB - Robinson, Bidwell, Perch.
      Been woeful in all his loan appearances from what I've heard. Thought he was brilliant pre season in Italy but I'd be surprised if he played above league two level for the majority of his career.

Comment

Fee is 450k according to WLS.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
          Good business.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
            Hopefully with a decent sell on percentage

Comment

Shame really as he looked promising in the few chances he was given at LB - but he's not going to get 1st team action there
              At CB he looked out of his depth, but then he was, and with time he might well grow into decent one

Would rather we sold on Caulker and Perch and use Kpekwa as a squad/cup player

I suppose we are trying to be a selling club now though, not sure if this will bite us in the #### in future ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                Comparing it to Southampton is ridiculous!.
                Basically Matty if he's got it the comparison stands and letting him go now could be costly. From what I've seen he has potential and defenders take time. Development happens over time.

Comment

Originally posted by HertsHoops View Post
                  Shame really as he looked promising in the few chances he was given at LB - but he's not going to get 1st team action there
                  At CB he looked out of his depth, but then he was, and with time he might well grow into decent one

Would rather we sold on Caulker and Perch and use Kpekwa as a squad/cup player

I suppose we are trying to be a selling club now though, not sure if this will bite us in the #### in future ?
                  Selling club cos a player who never plays moves on for two months of the beasts wages. Mmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    Basically Matty if he's got it the comparison stands and letting him go now could be costly. From what I've seen he has potential and defenders take time. Development happens over time.
                    But he hasn't got it has he. You're comparing him to the likes of Bale, Chamberlain, Chambers, Lallana, Shaw etc. When they had made 20 appearances like Cole it was clearly evident they were special.

I'll stand by my original comment, he will make a career for himself in the lower leagues.

Comment

But he hasn't got it has he. You're comparing him to the likes of Bale, Chamberlain, Chambers, Lallana, Shaw etc. When they had made 20 appearances like Cole it was clearly evident they were special.

I'll stand by my original comment, he will make a career for himself in the lower leagues.
                      I'll bet u he plays in the premier league.

Comment

Im going even higher, ill go with that he will get to La Liga with Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                          Name your price.

Comment

Bet he doesn't.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Name your price.
                              Seeing as we got 15 years to pay up (on my side) ill bet whatever u like

I saw enough in the League cup game away (Yeovil?) to see the kid has class and talent. Has not had a run in the side and Barnsley can obviously see a class young centre back when they see him (when was the last time we had a centre back come through our academy worth £47.5m).

Not saying he's gonna be a world beater like sarcy Kev likes to imply. Just think he has all the attributes to go to the top.

Good luck to him.

Comment

Seeing as we got 15 years to pay up (on my side) ill bet whatever u like

I saw enough in the League cup game away (Yeovil?) to see the kid has class and talent. Has not had a run in the side and Barnsley can obviously see a class young centre back when they see him (when was the last time we had a centre back come through our academy worth £47.5m).

Not saying he's gonna be a world beater like sarcy Kev likes to imply. Just think he has all the attributes to go to the top.

Good luck to him.

I agree! I was at the Yeovil game too and cole and grant hall really stood out! Difference is Cole hasn't been given the platform to play 8-10 games back to back!
                                He's a talented lad imo and I don't feel selling him right now is the best move by the club. Surely we could extend his deal for another 2 years and loan him out to Barnsley and see how he gets on!

Comment

Working...
                                X