Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barnsley bid for Kpekwa. (Signed Official.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    Do QPR really need 500k so much that they are willing to sell a promising CB who can potentially be a 1st team player at QPR for 4 seasons or more. Perch, Caulker and Onuoha won't be here for much longer.
    If they offered 500k I think the club would take it but doubt it is anywhere near that.

Comment

Depends on the amount being offered. With Barnsley being flush with the Mawson money and us not in a position to have to sell then we should hold out for more than he's worth and a decent sell on. Otherwise get him out on loan and playing 1st team football

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
        from what i've seen he's slow , poor positional play and gets caught ball watching , definatly a rangers CB in the making
        Haha this
        The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese....

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
          Depends on the amount being offered. With Barnsley being flush with the Mawson money and us not in a position to have to sell then we should hold out for more than he's worth and a decent sell on. Otherwise get him out on loan and playing 1st team football
          And I think they got about 7mil from John stones deal.

Comment

I would prefer to believe the rumour that Bournemouth were going to spend £15m on Caulker and Onouha! Should anything (I know it is very unlikely) like this eventuate then I would expect Kpekwa to get at least 15 games this year, and we would all have a good opinion as to whether he is likely to make it or not

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
              I would prefer to believe the rumour that Bournemouth were going to spend £15m on Caulker and Onouha! Should anything (I know it is very unlikely) like this eventuate then I would expect Kpekwa to get at least 15 games this year, and we would all have a good opinion as to whether he is likely to make it or not
              I could well see a late move for Caulker by someone leaving us with money and no time to spend it

Comment

Before anyone moans about him not being in the squad today, he played for the U23's yesterday, so highly doubt he'd have travelled regardless.

Comment

Him leaving would make a mockery of our supposed development policy, ie the stated intent to bring them through. Its not like they're offering several million. The way Southampton did it was to get them into the first team, use it as a showcase, and then sell pretty quickly for decent dough. Selling them at this point makes no sense.

I don't think we're all that at the back, Caulker could be off, get one of the others injured and then where are we? No brainer to keep.

Comment

seems to have a whiff of truth this move. Very disappointed if this happens
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      Him leaving would make a mockery of our supposed development policy, ie the stated intent to bring them through. Its not like they're offering several million. The way Southampton did it was to get them into the first team, use it as a showcase, and then sell pretty quickly for decent dough. Selling them at this point makes no sense.

I don't think we're all that at the back, Caulker could be off, get one of the others injured and then where are we? No brainer to keep.
                      The problem is Cole has shown absolutely nothing in his 20 games as a pro. Comparing it to Southampton is ridiculous!

People keep banging on about bringing youth players through, the problem is, they're not good enough. You know if they are within a few games, like Shodipo.

We have just started to ensure we're bringing good quality players through the ranks but we're not going to see the results at first team level for at least 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                        The problem is Cole has shown absolutely nothing in his 20 games as a pro. Comparing it to Southampton is ridiculous!

People keep banging on about bringing youth players through, the problem is, they're not good enough. You know if they are within a few games, like Shodipo.

We have just started to ensure we're bringing good quality players through the ranks but we're not going to see the results at first team level for at least 5 years.
                        TBF to cole, he's been alright. Not done much wrong, just hasn't come across as being a special talent. He's got the physical qualities to make him a potentially good defender at this level, but he won't get first team football with us any time soon. I see (in both positions he plays) too much quality competition to give him a chance: at CB - Lynch, Ned, Hall, Caulker, at LB - Robinson, Bidwell, Perch.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I like Cole! Think he's got a lot of potential.

I would personally like to see him loaned to a championship club and see how he gets on playing regularly at this level.

Comment

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/q...y-wls-29082016

Comment

Think he's being played as CB in the reserves and has potential as a player. 6' 3".

Comment

If we are selling has to be a 25% sell on clause just in case

Comment

Working...
                                X