Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Barnsley bid for Kpekwa. (Signed Official.)

1. Default

And many thought he would be the next superstar.

Talking of Barnsley.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...tatement:Sport

We dont want any young loan supertars anyway, and even if we did I doubt he would of wanted to up sticks and move all the way to us.

In fact, reading that has really pished me off.
    Touted as the new Tammy Abrahams and scored for fun in the under 23s and hes gone all that way to Barnsley when hes exactly what we are crying out for and we are two miles down the road.

#HappyClapperStoppedClapping
    #100%GoingDown

Originally Posted by Kevin Mcleod
    Touted as the new Tammy Abrahams and scored for fun in the under 23s and hes gone all that way to Barnsley when hes exactly what we are crying out for and we are two miles down the road.

#100%GoingDown

😂

5. Default

Originally Posted by Kevin Mcleod

#100%GoingDown

Didn't you read the memo? We don't want loans. We want a stable squad.

We've got to have the shittiest scouts ever.

Chelsea's youngsters have won the league numerous times. The champions league, the treble last season and regularly thump Arsenal with ease who are regarded as up with the best for youth in Europe and we never get these players. Two close mates of mine are coaches at the s cum within this set up and when I asked if we ever enquire I was told "we get emails calls etc all the time with clubs requesting players and QPR is never one of them"

Embarrassing.

Think the decision was pretty well made for them.

Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit

Chelsea's youngsters have won the league numerous times. The champions league, the treble last season and regularly thump Arsenal with ease who are regarded as up with the best for youth in Europe and we never get these players. Two close mates of mine are coaches at the s cum within this set up and when I asked if we ever enquire I was told "we get emails calls etc all the time with clubs requesting players and QPR is never one of them"

Embarrassing.
    There's so much wrong with how we scout at youth level it's unreal. Does the club think they can sell themselves on prestige to youngsters? does the club think players will just show up at our door begging to play for us? How are we so inactive when everyone around us who could legit have the best youngsters running to their door begging to join are being even more proactive than us. It's seriously embarrassing and I wish I had some way to convey it to the club properly
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

9. Default

Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit

Embarrassing.
    Can only assume the club is worried about any potential backlash because of them being Chelsea youth

Originally Posted by nasser95
    There's so much wrong with how we scout at youth level it's unreal. Does the club think they can sell themselves on prestige to youngsters? does the club think players will just show up at our door begging to play for us? How are we so inactive when everyone around us who could legit have the best youngsters running to their door begging to join are being even more proactive than us. It's seriously embarrassing and I wish I had some way to convey it to the club properly
    I am not so sure - we seem to have got nothing but youth players in in recent times

Breaking through apart from Bowler we have

Chris Paul
    Osman Kakay
    Niko Hameliannen
    Olamide Shopido
    Eze.

These guys are coming through the system,

Axel Prohouly
    Charlie owens
    Chay tilt
    Aramide Oteh
    Dan derbyshire
    Illias Char
    Giles Phillips

So its not as Bad as some might make out.

The Problem comes is that they get introduced to the first team make a couple of mistakes and then the crowd turn on them.

11. Default

Originally Posted by 3London
    I am not so sure - we seem to have got nothing but youth players in in recent times

Breaking through apart from Bowler we have

Chris Paul
    Osman Kakay
    Niko Hameliannen
    Olamide Shopido
    Eze.

These guys are coming through the system,

Axel Prohouly
    Charlie owens
    Chay tilt
    Aramide Oteh
    Dan derbyshire
    Illias Char
    Giles Phillips

So its not as Bad as some might make out.

The Problem comes is that they get introduced to the first team make a couple of mistakes and then the crowd turn on them.
    Blaming the fans, another cop out.

Manning has done alright?

And all the previous youth players that the Fans 'have turned on' have gone on to set the world alight at other clubs?

I'm sure if there good enough they will stay in the first team.
    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Originally Posted by upperloft
    Blaming the fans, another cop out.

Manning has done alright?

And all the previous youth players that the Fans 'have turned on' have gone on to set the world alight at other clubs?

I'm sure if there good enough they will stay in the first team.
    No not so much a cop out as a comment on the fans having a part to play in developing the youth players and the need for instant success at the turn around from signing "champions league players" to developing and scouting decent youth players..and an understanding that this won't happen over the course of one season.

Jack robinson and Ryan Manning are good examples of that.

and the same could be said for loads of clubs as to how well their youth have gone on to be ..

13. Default

Am almost certain if we'd signed this kid someone would have moaned about pinning our season on a kid who hasn't played at this level, as it is Barnsley have pulled off a masterstroke...

Originally Posted by Shepherds Mush
    Am almost certain if we'd signed this kid someone would have moaned about pinning our season on a kid who hasn't played at this level, as it is Barnsley have pulled off a masterstroke...
    Yep!

Originally Posted by qpr4life
    Looking at this from both sides of the fence, I still ultimately think selling is best.

- POTENTIALLY could get in at LB if injuries work out for Cole; but realistically I dont want this happening as Bidwell and Lynch are solid replacements already. (YES, Lynch is also a LB if you didnt know)
    - Robinson is gone in my eyes, struggling to come back, so you could argue that Cole should be kept.
    - I havent seen enough to say he's going to be the next best thing at LB, so I am unsure on what everyone is basing his talents on?
    - 500K plus a sell on fee and add-ons is a Fooooking superb deal, that's pure profits.
    - He is only 20 so has loads of time to improve, so it could be a ruddy huge mistake. Give the youth time....
    - Saying that, giving him time would void point one above, which is the favoring of Bidwell / Lynch and even Perch in JFH eyes.

Cole didnt hit the ground running like Mo, the championship is a ruddy hard league, so to be fair its very hard to say he's going to be quality right now and we need some cash in the bank to balance books and abide by FFP.