Farage speech at a trump convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farage speech at a trump convention

Oh gawd. Cue another wave of "we told you so, look what sort of ##### made you vote out" blah blah blah, from the far more intelligent but anti democratic club.
    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
    Will Danaher

M0RON is now a banned word ?
    Will Danaher

Comment

What's this, a preemptive post just in case???!! What are you worried about? People thinking you're foolish for supporting Farage?

No anti-democrat here, but I'm not fond of the farce that is the US election. What a bogus choice: either the rampant loon that is Trump or the vile establishment lackey that is Clinton. IMO it's a set-up. I read long before Trump was even nominated that he was going to be a stalking horse to ensure the extremely unpopular Clinton's presidency. The article I read (it was in Zero Hedge I think), went on to say that Trump would come out with increasingly absurd and bizarre ideas that would make him almost unelectable, yet still appeal to those fond of dog-whistle politics (i.e the uneducated, mainly). Given that the establishment/Military-Industrial complex ( cf Dwight Eisenhower) wouldn't allow an actual free and genuinely democratic vote, it seems highly plausible.

And since Nigel shrugged off the leadership role straight after Brexit and immediately cosied up to Murdoch, we can safely assume he's part of the establishment too.

There are alternatives to Clinton and Trump in the US election, Jill Stein for the Greens and Gary Johnson for the Libertarians, but you'd never know it. The whole thing is a whitewash. Farage supporting Trump is just more of the same farce. And for the record, I am very glad we Brexitted (or at least voted for it).

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
        What's this, a preemptive post just in case???!! What are you worried about? People thinking you're foolish for supporting Farage?

No anti-democrat here, but I'm not fond of the farce that is the US election. What a bogus choice: either the rampant loon that is Trump or the vile establishment lackey that is Clinton. IMO it's a set-up. I read long before Trump was even nominated that he was going to be a stalking horse to ensure the extremely unpopular Clinton's presidency. The article I read (it was in Zero Hedge I think), went on to say that Trump would come out with increasingly absurd and bizarre ideas that would make him almost unelectable, yet still appeal to those fond of dog-whistle politics (i.e the uneducated, mainly). Given that the establishment/Military-Industrial complex ( cf Dwight Eisenhower) wouldn't allow an actual free and genuinely democratic vote, it seems highly plausible.

And since Nigel shrugged off the leadership role straight after Brexit and immediately cosied up to Murdoch, we can safely assume he's part of the establishment too.

There are alternatives to Clinton and Trump in the US election, Jill Stein for the Greens and Gary Johnson for the Libertarians, but you'd never know it. The whole thing is a whitewash. Farage supporting Trump is just more of the same farce. And for the record, I am very glad we Brexitted (or at least voted for it).
        Calm down Sir, is the heat getting to you
        For the record I've never voted for Farage. I was just pointing out that some would get on their high horse about it and start the whole "those who voted out are fools etc etc"
        Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
          Calm down Sir, is the heat getting to you
          For the record I've never voted for Farage. I was just pointing out that some would get on their high horse about it and start the whole "those who voted out are fools etc etc"
          Sorry mate, didn't mean to sound intemperate! I take your point, broadly, but I don't think there are any on here who would think that.

Out of interest, what do you think of the idea that Trump is a stooge to get Clinton elected?

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
            Oh gawd. Cue another wave of "we told you so, look what sort of ##### made you vote out" blah blah blah, from the far more intelligent but anti democratic club.
            Don't worry ......no one will say a word....Everyone knows that both Trump and Farage have a huge appeal to a similar, less talented, demograph.......

Comment

Sorry mate, didn't mean to sound intemperate! I take your point, broadly, but I don't think there are any on here who would think that.

Out of interest, what do you think of the idea that Trump is a stooge to get Clinton elected?
              Apology not necessary Hubs, every man has the right to a rant, it's what keeps us sane.
              Regarding your question, being the simplistic ( some would say simple ) man that I am, I haven't given it much thought.
              There is nearly always an alternative viewpoint to what's going on in the world, especially politically, but I tend to take things at face value. Don't get me wrong, if somebody came knocking on my door telling me there were some tiles missing from my roof which they could replace, I'd send them packing. I suppose it's a case of "que sera sera" Can I change what's going on across the pond, not really, so I allow myself to sweat about the things which I think I can affect. That doesn't mean to say I don't respect anybody who wants to look further into the "bigger picture" Its just not for me.
              Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
                Don't worry ......no one will say a word....Everyone knows that both Trump and Farage have a huge appeal to a similar, less talented, demograph.......
                Still not got over the brexit vote I see

Comment

Originally posted by gaza09 View Post
                  Still not got over the brexit vote I see
                  Well over it mate.....just pointing out the intellectual similarities in their support......

Comment

Well over it mate.....just pointing out the intellectual similarities in their support......
                    I thought the vote was to leave the EU ?
                    Will Danaher

Comment

The U.S. electorate voted for Trump because they are fed up with the establishment pure and simple. Unfortunately a number of the Republican candidates didn't put on a particularly good show. JEB didn't get elected because of the rest of his family, although he would have made a better president than either of them. Also I don't think his heart was really in it. We met him when he was governor of Florida. He came over a an extremely intelligent individual. The Floridians loved him. He would have made a good president because he was prepared to work with the Democrats. However this wasn't to be. Bernie Sanders was the anti establishment candidate for the Democrats who was too far to the left for the majority of Americans. So you are left with Trump and Clinton, both of whom nobody wants. I think the turnout in November will be very low.

Comment

still resorting to insults Johnny
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

And it's attitudes like yours that helped to deliver a brexit vote.
                          Sadly for you us thickos outnumber you intellectuals, so you better get used to losing

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                            The U.S. electorate voted for Trump because they are fed up with the establishment pure and simple. Unfortunately a number of the Republican candidates didn't put on a particularly good show. JEB didn't get elected because of the rest of his family, although he would have made a better president than either of them. Also I don't think his heart was really in it. We met him when he was governor of Florida. He came over a an extremely intelligent individual. The Floridians loved him. He would have made a good president because he was prepared to work with the Democrats. However this wasn't to be. Bernie Sanders was the anti establishment candidate for the Democrats who was too far to the left for the majority of Americans. So you are left with Trump and Clinton, both of whom nobody wants. I think the turnout in November will be very low.
                            I wanted to be in fla for the elections but unfortunately I miss it. Am there mid to late October tho.
                            "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                            London Pride is a flower that's free.
                            London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                            And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by loneranger View Post
                              I wanted to be in fla for the elections but unfortunately I miss it. Am there mid to late October tho.
                              I am west coast during elections so could be interesting.
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                              X