Last season turned out to be boring....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that our squad is good but isn't used often enough:

GK: Smithies, Ingram, Lumley - I'm not suggesting we should rotate the GK, and think that giving Ingram cup games makes sense

Defenders: Caulker, Bidwell, Hall, Onouha, Lynch, Perch, Robinson, Furlong, Kpekawa

Midfielders: Ngbakoto, Borysiuk, Cousins, Petrasso, Shodipo, Chery, Sandro, Gladwin, Nasser, Henry, Luongo

Strikers: Washington, Polter, Mackie

With Mackie being injured we are light at the top, but we could have made changes to our defence and midfield as we have got good depth in these areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
      I think that our squad is good but isn't used often enough:

GK: Smithies, Ingram, Lumley - I'm not suggesting we should rotate the GK, and think that giving Ingram cup games makes sense

Defenders: Caulker, Bidwell, Hall, Onouha, Lynch, Perch, Robinson, Furlong, Kpekawa

Midfielders: Ngbakoto, Borysiuk, Cousins, Petrasso, Shodipo, Chery, Sandro, Gladwin, Nasser, Henry, Luongo

Strikers: Washington, Polter, Mackie

With Mackie being injured we are light at the top, but we could have made changes to our defence and midfield as we have got good depth in these areas.
      Of that squad, Caulker and Sandro will leave by the end of the transfer deadline window, ensuring we get them off the wage bill;

Presently injured are : Lynch, Robinson, Gladwin and Mackie;

Leaving a squad lacking serious quality of : 3 x GK, 6 X Defenders, 5 x Central MF, 5 X Wingers/Attacking MF and STILL JUST 2 x strikers.

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
        I've had two bottles of red wine which hasn't helped my mood!
        Just the two?

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
          ...this time we have an exciting but huge battle on our hands. If Sandro doesn't play or stay, we are in big trouble. A relegation fight is certain. Signing Bendtner will do nothing in a side battling to stay up. Might be useful if we had a chance of a play-off place which we don't currently. Very, very thin squad. Hughes & Redcrapp's incompetence and misjudgements together with TF's naivety ensured we now have to watch our pennies very carefully. I think with the help of loans we'll just stay up, but its depressing. If we could guarantee no injuries to key players we might finish near mid-table but we won't be that lucky. No-one is.
          This board has some proper farking whoppers!
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
            Think we'll finish 9th this year.

If Sandro stays and is picked by Jimmy (one does not imply the other) then I think that we could have a shot at the play-offs. One criticism I have of Jimmy (and I had of Ramsey before him) is that he doesn't use enough squad rotation, and he also doesn't use his substitutions proactively. As a young manager you hope that this is something he can learn and improve.
            Bottom half finish. JFH doesnt rotate the squad because it isnt really good enough, which in turn effects the subs during a game. They are always just like for like, we dont have anybody that can change a game, which i belive is why, when a game isnt going our way, we have no plan b. 1st team looks half decent but when the injuries start, which they will, we are stuffed.

Comment

Working...
            X