No announcement yet.

Last season turned out to be boring....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last season turned out to be boring....

...this time we have an exciting but huge battle on our hands. If Sandro doesn't play or stay, we are in big trouble. A relegation fight is certain. Signing Bendtner will do nothing in a side battling to stay up. Might be useful if we had a chance of a play-off place which we don't currently. Very, very thin squad. Hughes & Redcrapp's incompetence and misjudgements together with TF's naivety ensured we now have to watch our pennies very carefully. I think with the help of loans we'll just stay up, but its depressing. If we could guarantee no injuries to key players we might finish near mid-table but we won't be that lucky. No-one is.

I've had two bottles of red wine which hasn't helped my mood!

Comment

I think we're on the road to more mid-table "boredom" this season. I just can't see us be a part of the relegation battle, Sandro or no Sandro.
      If we manage to get another striker to help out Polter and a wide winger who can smash in a cross, I think we're a top-half team.

Edit: I feel like having red wine now...
      QPR since 1993
      WATRB since 2015
      First QPR game hopefully in 2017

Comment

In a relegation fight if Sandro doesn't play? Are you ####ing on drugs? He hasn't played since December 2015 one game and he's the messiah? Jesus wept we have some proper drama queens on here.

Comment

Errm...young Greg, its the booze. But even if I was seriously sober I still think I would have a fairly similar view.Pessimism rules (then anything that goes better than expected is a nice surprise)!

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
            ...this time we have an exciting but huge battle on our hands. If Sandro doesn't play or stay, we are in big trouble. A relegation fight is certain. Signing Bendtner will do nothing in a side battling to stay up. Might be useful if we had a chance of a play-off place which we don't currently. Very, very thin squad. Hughes & Redcrapp's incompetence and misjudgements together with TF's naivety ensured we now have to watch our pennies very carefully. I think with the help of loans we'll just stay up, but its depressing. If we could guarantee no injuries to key players we might finish near mid-table but we won't be that lucky. No-one is.
            Doooo me a favour

Afternoon fishing is it?

Comment

If we get too many more games like PNE it might be that the 3rd tier is our level where we can compete and play a descent bit of football

Comment

OP admitted in the past that he likes a bit of trolling so wouldn't pay much attention. Should probably just lock the thread or let him have his fun?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                  OP admitted in the past that he likes a bit of trolling so wouldn't pay much attention. Should probably just lock the thread or let him have his fun?
                  Haha. Makes me laugh, yes, I do like a bit of the old trolling, but my views I think are nonetheless valid (i'm sobering up now). 46+ yrs of following the R's should count for something. Doesn't mean anyone should agree with my views of course, and I hope I'm wrong because I rate JFH and I love the club and can't help liking TF! But perhaps TF was swept away by Hughes and Redcrapp's reputation...or just didn't (understandably) want to pay out their contracts by sacking them early...

Comment

One word 'Bol locks'

Comment

Think we'll finish 9th this year.

If Sandro stays and is picked by Jimmy (one does not imply the other) then I think that we could have a shot at the play-offs. One criticism I have of Jimmy (and I had of Ramsey before him) is that he doesn't use enough squad rotation, and he also doesn't use his substitutions proactively. As a young manager you hope that this is something he can learn and improve.

Comment

Has he got the depth of talent to do that not sure myself

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                          Has he got the depth of talent to do that not sure myself
                          Not really but he does decide for one reason or another not to play certain players like Sandro. Also I think he should have given JET a chance rather than sending him out on loan. It's not as if we have signed another striker. People have been complaining about Washington but again he really hasn't had a chance. The odd game here and there but normally being brought on as sub.

Comment

I think the first 11 is very strong it's the depth that will hurt us later in season

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              I think the first 11 is very strong it's the depth that will hurt us later in season
                              Unfortunately that's the cold facts

Comment

Working...
                              X