Osman Kakay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
    i have not slated him once. openly said, its his debut, he's a kid, great to see it, especially considering our history. But cant distort the truth of his actual performance. He was Average at best, which is nothing to be sniffed at considering his age, but people going on like he was class.
    I said he played well and he impressed me... That's it... why are you getting so worked up about it? You actually said that "if he was an established first team player he would have gotten slaughtered". I'd say that performance from him on the wing is up to the standard of this league at his age and for a debut, it's very impressive...
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      I said he played well and he impressed me... That's it... why are you getting so worked up about it? You actually said that "if he was an established first team player he would have gotten slaughtered". I'd say that performance from him on the wing is up to the standard of this league at his age and for a debut, it's very impressive...
      Leauge 1 yeah?

Comment

He ran at his man, he was a genuine threat to their defence, he played like a winger. He played well. It wasn't incredible no, but he played as well as others have in that position which so that is a pretty great debut. I will say anyone slagging him off in the crowd or on here is a entitled fool. I hope.he stays in and around the first team.and gets a chance to improve. Shodipo is comfortably as good as someone we could buy, and Kakay whilst not as good as Shodipo with more time he could.get there. Imagine havimg a team.with two homegrown wingers. The fact there are kids around the ground with a homegrown player on the back of their shirts is fantastic.
        Last edited by nanocopic; 24-08-2016, 04:12 PM.

Comment

thanks for the quote, my little brain forgot what it typed out earlier. Stand by what i said and from the looks of it many on here agree.

Its like these kids have to either be michael owen or absolute sh!te.
          Was bang average, anyone saying otherwise is simply wrong.

Comment

thanks for the quote, my little brain forgot what it typed out earlier. Stand by what i said and from the looks of it many on here agree.

Its like these kids have to either be michael owen or absolute sh!te.
            Was bang average, anyone saying otherwise is simply wrong.
            And you say that I refuse to budge on what I think... All I was saying was that he did what I expect a winger to do, got past his man constantly challenged him and as a result, forced their full back to stay back as opposed to bombing forward... He pulled off some nice skills and was fluid enough on the ball that I was encouraged by his play. I think it was good, not average, but that's me. And it's a few others here. And there are some others who agree with you that he was average and that's fair enough, it's about what you expect. But telling people they're wrong because they saw things differently to you isn't at all fair.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

And you say that I refuse to budge on what I think... All I was saying was that he did what I expect a winger to do, got past his man constantly challenged him and as a result, forced their full back to stay back as opposed to bombing forward... He pulled off some nice skills and was fluid enough on the ball that I was encouraged by his play. I think it was good, not average, but that's me. And it's a few others here. And there are some others who agree with you that he was average and that's fair enough, it's about what you expect. But telling people they're wrong because they saw things differently to you isn't at all fair.
              I dont know where this thought comes from that because someone has an opinion, that opinion therefor can never be wrong? Utter madness and allows tripe to be said by using "well thats my opinion" in order to validate it.

Comment

IMO he wasn't very good
                R's

Comment

I dont know where this thought comes from that because someone has an opinion, that opinion therefor can never be wrong? Utter madness and allows tripe to be said by using "well thats my opinion" in order to validate it.
                  Yea but it's clearly not a totally incorrect opinion on the basis that you disagree with it...

Comment

i have not slated him once. openly said, its his debut, he's a kid, great to see it, especially considering our history. But cant distort the truth of his actual performance. He was Average at best, which is nothing to be sniffed at considering his age, but people going on like he was class.
                    I am sorry but that simply isn't true. I have just looked back through this thread and Loftus Rd Lad said he heard reports he had played well. Other than me describing what I liked about him in response to your question. West Actos said he liked what he saw and nanocopic and nass said he played well. Hardly going overboard was it???

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
                      IMO he wasn't very good
                      Got an 8 and was named man of the match by West London Sport.

Comment

Thought Kakay had a decent enough debut.

He tried to use what little strength he has by backing in to and holding off the left back who was a lot bigger than him (because he's only a kid), had decent pace, ran at his man, tried a trick or two and didn't hide from the game.

Think he could benefit from a loan to league one to test himself or league two to really get his confidence up.

Nothing about his performance last night should impact on him negatively. He got a standing ovation from most of the crowd.

Am concerned about Petrasso not even getting a look in anywhere though
                        My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Sandro was my Motm
                          R's

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                            Thought Kakay had a decent enough debut.

Am concerned about Petrasso not even getting a look in anywhere though
                            Yes, I asked on the match thread if anyone knew what was up with Petrasso, if he isn't hurt and JFH just doesn't rate him he needs to move on asap!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

Not sure the young lad was MOM but it was decent enough performance for a debut.

I think this all stems from the fact we haven't had promising youngsters for years! The first signs we have a couple, people get carried away.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                                Not sure the young lad was MOM but it was decent enough performance for a debut.

I think this all stems from the fact we haven't had promising youngsters for years! The first signs we have a couple, people get carried away.
                                But no one here got carried away, people have just said it was good... No one said he was godlike on the ball or he's gonna be a top prem player, they just said he was good.

Comment

Working...
                                X